Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Basketball Recruiting: State of Washington

Started by jhudson84, June 21, 2007, 09:00:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jhudson84

What is it that has these kids intrigued about Arkansas, half a country away.  Many believe that we will land Clarence Trent this season, but two of country's top players for '09 also have the Hogs eye.

http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=60890

http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=60888

Phatasshog

I am not real sure jhudson, but i hope i speak for all when i say it can only be a good thing and come on to the hill you will love it guys.

Tomhog™

I think many recruits around the nation will be keeping a close eye on Arkansas with the new coach and style.  If Pel is successful this year and next, look for Arkansas to have a top 10, maybe a top 5 class in 2009.  That will depend on the number of schollies Pel leaves open for that year as well.

killamon

i think those are Heath's recruit before he was fired.....rivals probably just havent updated their database....i doubt if Pel will keep in touch

jhudson84

Trent is very much interested in the Hogs and the two 09 prospects have just been added recently.

killamon

Trent is still interested and have us in his top 5...but the two 2009 prospects have been in the Hogs database for a while now, however, rivals did just give out stars to the top prospects of 09 and both received 4 stars I believe

jhudson84

Ok, I would be willing to bet that in the end Trent is a hog.

hawgsawjimdugan

Was wondering the same thing about the Washington kids.  Did Washington send a team down for The Real Deal On The Hill?  That may be where they got some exposure to Arkansas. 

jhudson84

I know Trent played in the Real Deal but he played with an Arkansas team alongside Rakestraw and Sanchez

The pages say these two play with a portland based aau team.

bd93

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 21, 2007, 11:41:32 am
Ok, I would be willing to bet that in the end Trent is a hog.

I bet he is to.

RZRBack_FAN

Why are you guys so convinced Trent will be a hog. Not saying your wrong just kinda been outta the loop and was wondering why you guys feel that way!!

jhudson84

He attended the Altman press conf. and was very excited, after JP was hired he said the hogs were his top team.  He played on the Hawks AAU team and is good friends with Nate and Sanchez.  Everything he has said has pointed to him becoming a razorback.

RZRBack_FAN

Great i hope you guys are right. From what ive seen the guy is Very Athletic. I feel like thats what we need on this team if we are going to be playiing the style that Pel wants to play!

TMc

Trent has been high on Arkansas for a while.., the AAU exposure I'm sure helped with him.  While I didn't much care for Heath as a coach.., I did like him as a recruiter .. he was darn near in on all of the high profile players.., and that's why these guys are looking at us now.  (Older recruits)

slopinhogs

there are a lot of folks in washington State that have Arkansas ties. couple of large military stations out there and alot of men from arkansas have children attending scholl in wash state schools.i can see the interest . we are HOG NATION and the whoile world knows it. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die