Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

AJ Walton

Started by Wu Tang Clan, June 20, 2007, 11:32:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wu Tang Clan

Looks like he is blowing up already.  He dominated a camp at Baylor and now holds offers from Kentucky, Clemson, Baylor, and Oklahoma in addition to Arkansas.  Look for AJ to be rated extremely high. 

LJHOG

who is AJ Walton and what do he do?

mbgrulz

2009 point guard prospect out of LR. should be highly rated.

AnthroHog

Anyone seen him and Fred Gulley play?  Are they both true point guards or conceivably in the future (they're both around 16 now) could they grow into being a shooting guard?

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: AnthroHog on June 21, 2007, 01:25:12 am
Anyone seen him and Fred Gulley play?  Are they both true point guards or conceivably in the future (they're both around 16 now) could they grow into being a shooting guard?

I have not seen Fred Gulley play but I have seen AJ Walton play several times and he is a true point guard who can flat out play.  He is more of a penetrator and reminds me of Mike Conley Jr. 

hogfan0307

I remember reading in a recruiting article that his family are huge razorback fans!

HighonSwine

He may end up being one of the best this state has ever seen.  He will be a must for Pelphrey and they way Pel has started in state recruiting, hoepfully we get him.

mbgrulz

Quote from: AnthroHog on June 21, 2007, 01:25:12 am
just from watching gulley for a short amount of time, i really see a lot of patrick beverley/ronnie brewer qualities in him. he is a better slasher than beverley is right now, and a better shooter than brewer is. he kinda has that "just knows how to play" quality that RB and PB have. he is listed as 6-1 or something, but he plays more like 6-4 due to his length. i see him as a combo guard. he'd be all shooting guard is he was 6-5. i think he'll play mostly as a 2 guard. He is EXTREMELY QUICK.

bd93

June 21, 2007, 01:11:41 pm #8 Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 01:28:15 pm by bd93
Quote from: HighonSwine on June 21, 2007, 10:28:57 am
He may end up being one of the best this state has ever seen.  He will be a must for Pelphrey and they way Pel has started in state recruiting, hoepfully we get him.

He has an offer from Pel.

HighonSwine

Quote from: bd93 on June 21, 2007, 01:11:41 pm
Quote from: HighonSwine on June 21, 2007, 10:28:57 am

He has and offer from Pel.

If that is a ?, Pel was the first to offer and did about a month ago.

Qbackinman

Saw A.J. in 8th grade and said then he was like a 14-year-old Magic.

No doubt everyone else is going to discover him.