jhudson84's ARKANSAS 25!

Started by jhudson84, June 20, 2007, 11:42:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jhudson84

June 20, 2007, 11:42:13 am Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 10:36:32 am by jhudson84
jhudson84's ARKANSAS 25!

1 Joe Adams
CAC, 6-1, 175, WR
Very flashy player, has the speed and quickness to be an elite player at the next level.  Many think Adams will be better than former Springdale standout Damian Williams.  Joe already has offers from some of the nations best including UGA, OU, and USC.
:razorback: offer

2 Jay Wright
Warren, 5-11, 175, WR/DB
The best athlete in this years class.  Jay Wright has the ability to be a standout on either side of the ball.  Think Chris Gamble (OSU,Carolina Panthers) and you get the idea.  Can stretch the field or lock down the opposing number one.  Has offers from OU and Tennessee among other.

3 Dennis Johnson
Texarkana, 5-8, 180, RB
My favorite player in the Natural State.  A pure runner with great speed.  His academics have become a concern for some but if he can get the grades in order he will shoot up the rankings. 

4 Cruz Williams
Pulaski Academy, 6-4, 200, WR
This guy is a player.  He has continued to impress throughout the summer.  Recently nabbing MVP wide receiver honors at a 7 on 7 over other standouts such as Wright, Adams, and Texas committ Dan Buckner.
Committed to Arkansas

5 Deanthony Curtis
Camden Fairview, 5-9, 200, RB
A dual threat running back who can do it all.  Last year D.A. ran for 568 yards and 11 touchdowns and had another 651 yards and 6 touchdowns through the air.  The nation's second ranked all purpose back has offers from Tennessee, Oklahoma St. and a few other.

6 Matt Hall
Russellville, 6-10, 320, OL
One of if not the largest prospect to ever come out of Arkansas.  The first commitment of this years class has chose to move up in classification by switching schools.  Last year he looked to be overweight and not wearing it well.  This year he looks like a beast.
Committed to Arkansas

7 Jim Youngblood
Camden Fairview, 6-3, 215, QB
Dual threat quarterback, according to who you ask may be the best signal caller in the state.  On a team loaded with talent, three players in the top 10, Youngblood is doing his part to make sure his teammates at Fairview stay that way in Fayetteville.
Committed to Arkansas

8 Tyler Wilson
Greenwood HS, 6-3, 185, QB
A pure passer who plays in a pass happy offense, As a junior Wilson threw for 4,222 yards and 50 touchdowns.  Including 6 touchdowns and almost 600 yards while winning the state title.  Has several offers including Alabama and LSU.

9 Greg Childs
Warren, 6-4, 195, WR
Childs, another member of the talented Warren LumberJacks, is a big target at 6-4.  He can go up and catch the ball in traffic partially leading to his 15 touchdown catches last season.  He has offers from UT, UF, and both Mississippi schools

10 Lavunce Askew
Camden Fairview, 6-2, 270, DT
The states best defender, yet another cardinal, just loves to hit.  The senior to be recorded 5 sacks, 68 tackles, and 20 tackles for loss.  He already spots offers from both Oklahoma schools, both Mississippi schools, Washington, Auburn, and UT.

11 Jake Byrne
Rogers, 6-5, 240, TE
When you think tight end, Byrne should come to mind.  He has the size to be able to run block and the speed to get out and catch the ball.  Is also a great defensive end and could double or switch if needed.  Has offers from Mississippi and KU.
Committed to Wisconsin

12 Taylor Stockemer
Van Buren, 6-4, 205, WR
Father played at Baylor, but with his talent I wouldn't expect Taylor to follow.  Very long and fast he can get down the field in a hurry.  With the state so full of receivers I hate to see that the hogs have not offer someone like Taylor.

13 Austin Eoff
Fort Smith Northside, 6-5, 310, OL
Eoff earned his scholarhip offer the hard way, by fighting for it with other 300 pounders.  Austin went into the Houston Nutt camp without an offer left a couple of days later with an offer and became a razorback just a few days after that.
Committed to Arkansas

14 Marquis McFadden
Pulaski Robinson, 5-11, 180, CB
Familiar name, Marquis the cousin of Arkansas superstar, Darren, is one of the states best defenders.  Not to mention the fastest.  At an Oklahoma St. combine Mcfadden's 4.4 was the camps best time.  McFadden had 37 tackles with 11 passes broken-up and two interceptions, and a 37 yard average kickoff return.

15 Basmine Jones
Warren, 6-0, 195, ATH
Have I mentioned Warren yet?  Basmine another talent LumberJack figures to end up either at corner or with some added weight outside linebacker.  He is one of five Warren wide receivers with D-1 offers.
Committed to Arkansas

16 Deshaun Thomas
North Little Rock, 6-1, 170, S
A hard hitting safety has a reported time of 4.5 in the 40 yard dash.  He would like for the razorbacks to offer and I figure that they will do so within the next couple of months.

17 Tyler Barnes
Bentonville, 6-5, 300, OL
While he didn't come out of the Houston Nutt camp with an offer I believe that he is not far away.  Behind Hall and Eoff no other big man impressed more than Barnes, including a bloody lip during 1 on 1 drills.

18 Zach Stadther
North Little Rock, 6-2, 275, DT
Stadther is very aggressive defensive tackle who plays full speed all the time.  The only problem is that speed is whats keeping his offer sheet from blowing up.  With best friend Chea Peterman on campus at Lawrence and an offer on the talent, Zach decided he would become a Jayhawk.
Committed to Kansas

19 Jeff Little
Watson Chapel, 6-2, 225, LB
Only three plays into his junior campaign Little tore his ACL.  Wondering how he would recover has since been silenced has he took his hybrid lineback frame and ran a 4.49 at the HDN camp.  A couple of plays in '07 may be all Little needs to get the offers rolling in.

20 Gordon Johnson
Watson Chapel, 6-0, 195, ATH
Johnson plays quarterback for his highschool team but many schools will covet him for their secondary.  With ideal size Johnson recently timed a 4.43  forty at the Houston Nutt camp and left with the coaches very impressed.

21 Brian Christopher
Camden Fairview, 6-4, 240, DE
The one player on Camden Fairview's team who many seem to forget about is Christopher.  The size to grow into a defensive tackle, Brian also could take a few ticks off of his 40 and become a great rush end. 

22 Hunter Miller
Sylvan Hills, 6-1, 185, ATH
Miller who plays quarterback for his high school team plans to move to the secondary at the next level.  Corner or safety is yet to be determined.  A great athlete Miller will have to get faster if hes going to get the offers he hoping for.

23 Bryant Newell
Springdale Har-Ber, 6-7, 285, OL
Hearing from schools such as Penn St. amongst other earlier in the summer, "Moose" has seen his stock drop a little here recently.  While he performed well at the HDN camp, hes going to have to step up his game soon.

24 Rogeric Govan
Episcopal Collegiate, 6-5, 255, DE
The frame to be a great defensive at the next level, Govan also has the numbers to go with it.  With over 100 tackles and 15 sacks last season, he would be one the more highly recruited players in the state if he was on a higher stage.

25 Dewayne Watts
Bearden, 6-1, 175, ATH
Dewayne "Show" Watts is another player who was receiving alot of attention early in the process but has since cooled off.  The definition of athlete Watts has over 3,000 yards of offense has a junior with 49 total touchdowns.  Could be a running back, wide receiver, or corner at the college level.

SIXTEEN MORE TO KEEP YOUR EYE ON
Terrance Bobo (Atkins) ATH
Deshawn Scroggins (Nashville) RB
Leonard Ridgle (England) OT
Odell Lankford (Dollarway) DT
Gionni Harris (Fayetteville) RB
Keon Rucker (Bentonville) WR
Rodney Brown (Crossett) ATH
Bryce Lunday (Sheridan) RB/ATH
Ryan Farr (CAC) WR
Corey Bailey (Camden Fairview) WR
Nathan Hughes (Bentonville) WR
Chris Gragg (Warren) WR
Tim Dunn (LR Central) RB
Alan Davis (Van Buren) QB
Anthony Davis (Warren) S
Thomas Biocic (FS Southside) DT

blueshog2001

You never cease to amaze me!!  Great list and info. Thank you sir!!

Hogstocking

June 20, 2007, 12:18:42 pm #2 Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 12:21:18 pm by Hogstocking
Nice job, I would give Childs and Askew more love on their offers though besides the Mississippi schools lol.  Childs has a Florida offer, Askew has offers from Auburn and Tennessee. 

Dont agree with 3 or 4 of them, but an A for effort.  Obvious you spent some time on that. +1

jhudson84

June 20, 2007, 12:28:27 pm #3 Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 12:30:15 pm by jhudson84
Thanks for the input I didnt wont give people offers they didnt have so I will continue to update, I had one up yesterday that WPS pinned but its been moved because Trey was upset about the use of rivals pics.

If any one is positive on offers let me know via pm.

VenturaHog

excellent post hudson, good read.

whocares

Freaking awesome man. I wouldnt have Wilson that high but thats is he would probably be 10 for me but that is a great list. Great work I love having Thomas at #15 great job man.

bd93

Great list.  The only thing that I would have different is Wilson.  I would have him a little bit lower.

Realist

I think Marquis McFadden could possibly move higher after the camp season.  DJ is the only one that I think shouldn't be that high

whocares

good point realist I thought he was ranked to high myself but forgot to mention that. I think he would be my #7 or so choice. Other wise very good list.

jhudson84

DJ's film hasnt gotten out yet so alot of people who have seen him play (myself included) are very suprised hes not an automatic 4 star, and grades are holding him down, although I believe he will qualify.

Franchise Hawgs

where would you rank fayetteville's gionni harris?

jhudson84

Theres a large group of players who are right there in that almost range.  Gionni Harris, Tim Dunn, Deshawn Scroggins, Bryce Lunday, Corey Bailey, Ryan Farr, Terrance Bobo, Odell Lankford, among a few other who with big seniors year could move up into the list.  I saw Harris last season in the season opener against Batesville and hes quite a player.  Hes very close.

TMc

JHud.., I know an assistant coach from NLR (who I've known for 20 years).., and (he) says Dennis Johnson is the best back in the state hands down.  I think you are right about his grades.., if he had them, no telling who he would have offers from.  But, like you, I hear DJ is getting his academics in order.  I wonder what the deal is about Texarkana?  They have several athletes year after year.., but academics are a concern more times than not.  It seems they would start working with these kids at an earlier age.., to give them better opportunities.

tophawg19

great post. i hear the kid from bearden isn't working out like he's supposed to be . coaches aren't too happy
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

tophawg19

for those who say ark. can't produce D1 prospects look at this list. anyone in that top 20 can play sec ball . maybe even the top 25
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

OKhogfan1959

There's a big snow job being done by the Nutt supporters on HS Football in Arkansas. It's really made up a lot of ground on surrounding states and USC and a few others are well aware of that. Unfortunately all we hear is that our state doesn't produce enough SEC athletes. That my friends is changing. HS Football from speed training to power lifting is on par with Texas. Not the numbers that Texas has just that HS Coaches are doing a very good job of producing top athletes. It's only going to improve in the future. More than enough elite athletes are going to come from this state. It's just a matter of getting them at the U of A.

Tyler Wilson is underrated IMO..Great list. Thanks for an honest list.

ckhawgu

When are we going to possibly see a HS All-Star football game between an all Arkansas team and maybe a Texas/Louisiana/Mississippi/Missouri/ or Oklahoma team like has been broadcast recently between Louisiana/Texas & Mississippi/Alabama?

http://www.bayoubowl.org/

http://www.ahsaasports.com/football/ALMS-AllStar/history.asp

jhudson84

Would be nice I would like to see Arkansas/Oklahoma or Arkansas/Tennessee.

Arkansas/Tennessee would be great to play in Memphis at the Liberty Bowl and would give us is in Eastern ARK another chance to see some future razorbacks.

jhudson84

After some research found that TN actually plays Kentucky in an allstar game.  Suprisingly KY won again this year and has dominated the series.  Maybe Missouri?  That sure would help tap into KC

whocares

Yes Tenn plays Kentucky. Texas plays La. Georgia plays Florida. Alabama plays Mississippi. I would love to play Oklahoma

jhudson84

Texas actually play OK as well.  Looks like Mizzou would be a good option, and like I said could help us in the Kansas City area and they are not a big player in recruiting of Arkansas. Play OK may help them with recruits such as Joe Adams and others

jhudson84

McFadden is making his way up my list.  2 spots to #14

hog37

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 25, 2007, 12:22:54 pm
Texas actually play OK as well.  Looks like Mizzou would be a good option, and like I said could help us in the Kansas City area and they are not a big player in recruiting of Arkansas. Play OK may help them with recruits such as Joe Adams and others

Do you think we could compete?  Were you at Friday night's game?

jhudson84

With this years class we could do more than compete but for Arkansas to stay competive they would have to have their best players participate each year and Arkansas and Okie arent too far apart in talent.