Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Video: Dodge City WR Mykeal Thompson

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 20, 2007, 12:04:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

VenturaHog

seems to be a tad slow for the sec but his hands are great, he positions himself very well on the jump balls.

Hog Fan from Camden

Actually he looked a little slow on the video.

jhudson84

RD, I had posted this video when you first posted the Kale Pick video and someone asked who the guy was catching all the passes.  Dodge City has a great website and really make it easy to market their players.  Unusual for a school who is not traditionally good in football.

ArkansasI

He looked like he is a tremendous playmaker on the video to me.  Several of Picks passes were completed solely because Thompson went up and got the ball.

I would like to know his size and speed before I decided he looked slow...  The man appears to be out on the field running deep patterns and covering WRs the whole game.  Maybe he was a bit gassed in a couple of the clips.

What does a kid have to do to get an offer from D-I schools?  No wonder so many kids are busts... coaches don't go after enough football players.  Mykeal appears to be a football player.  I would like to see him in a full game.

ksrazorback

He really is not slow....
Ht: 6-2 Wt: 175 40: 4.55
Position:  WR, DB  - Year:  Class of 2008
High School:  Dodge City HS (Dodge City, KS)

Mykael Thompson played only two years of high school football after switching from soccer.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=173&p=8&c=1&nid=2861452

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 20, 2007, 12:04:39 am
Thanks again to hoppy.

http://www.reddemonfootball.com/players/thompson.html
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

razorbackmkh

Okay, off subject but this is where I'll make the "put your kid in a soccer league" pitch when they're young. The stamina and hand eye coordination it builds are phenomenal. I can spot a kid that played soccer growing up on the field. Soccer isn't a "star" sport for sure, but it's a great secondary sport that will greatly contribute to your children's football and/or basketball careers.
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 20, 2007, 08:54:41 am
RD, I had posted this video when you first posted the Kale Pick video and someone asked who the guy was catching all the passes.  Dodge City has a great website and really make it easy to market their players.  Unusual for a school who is not traditionally good in football.

The quality of the highlight tape is the best I've seen from a HS website. You're right about their marketing of their players. I love seeing that.

GalaHawg

Are we looking at him at WR or CB? With his speed, I'm not sure if he can separate himself from SEC DBs like he is in HS - but he has great timing and leaping ability - from what I've seen in videos - I think he may be a better fit at CB at Arkansas.

1longshot

with the facilities and decker at arkansas he can be sped up

jpenrod1