Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

jelani smith

Started by 1longshot, June 19, 2007, 11:36:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

1longshot

I was just looking at the commitments on espn.com, and i thought this was interesting.

If Smith had another 25 pounds on him we might be talking about one of the best inside linebackers in this year's class.

LJHOG

He gonna play good up in them hills.  Good get for the Hogs.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: 1longshot on June 19, 2007, 11:36:43 pm
I was just looking at the commitments on espn.com, and i thought this was interesting.

If Smith had another 25 pounds on him we might be talking about one of the best inside linebackers in this year's class.

I talked to his coach, Robert Toomer and he thought Jelani had the speed and frame to be successful in the SEC. Coach Toomer played under Saban at LSU so he should know.

1longshot

definitely an intriguing prospect

whocares

tomcat decker gets some kids to big though. like he did with cedric cobbs. I like decker but he needs to realize not everyone needs to be a body builder. Smith will be very good guys and it was a very wise decision to offer him this early.

jackflash

I am just glad to get a kid from Louisiana, think this can be a great recruiting state for Arkansas, also think Auburn will be forced to recruit harder now because of Nick at Alabama

Tomhog™

Quote from: whocares on June 20, 2007, 10:07:15 am
tomcat decker gets some kids to big though. like he did with cedric cobbs. I like decker but he needs to realize not everyone needs to be a body builder. Smith will be very good guys and it was a very wise decision to offer him this early.

I think that was part of his learning process.  I haven't seen him build up kids too much in several years.  I'm basing my judgement on what he's done lately and not overall.

killamon

they've learned from the past.....thats why dmac, felix, and peyton looks leaner every year and felix even got a step faster

Hogstocking

Smith is rated the #23 prospect in LA.  Also the state's top LB.
http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1872&Year=2008