Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren's Basemine Jones getting the offers

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 19, 2007, 03:01:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

June 19, 2007, 03:01:32 pm Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 08:17:12 am by Richard Davenport
Basemine is a 6'0 195 WR/CB with 4.5 speed. I talked to Basemine about 30 minutes ago and here's what he had to say.

TRG: Tell me your offers.

Basemine: Texas Tech, Minnesota, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Miss. St. Alabama.

TRG: When did Arkansas offer?

Basemine: They offered about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

TRG: Who offered first?

Basemine: Ole Miss.

TRG: Who recruiting you for Arkansas?

Basemine: Coach Lee.

TRG: Who's recruiting you the hardest?

Basemine: I would say Arkansas, right now.

TRG: Which postion is Arkansas saying they want you to play?

Basemine: Houston Nutt was talking about me at CB because most of the of the safeties and corner backs are gone but I think they're going to try me at receiver to.

TRG: What camps or visits do you plan to make this summer?

Basemine: I know Arkansas will be one for the football camp in July. I'll be attending Mississippi St. in July. Texas Tech also is a possibility.

TRG: Do you have a time frame for a decision?

Basemine: I'm just weighing it down right now, focused on high school football now.

TRG: What's your expectations for this season?

Basemine: My expectations to stay dedicated, become a better team player and stay focus and work on my skills.

TRG: What do you do best?

Basemine: At receiver, my speed and my routes and I run them pretty well when I get the ball. I pretty much showcase my speed and break tackles. On defense I can bring the lumber, as they say.

TRG: What do you need to work on?

Basemine: At receiver I need to work on my chopping (foot work) on my come back routes. It's getting better now cause Brett Smith is down here now and he's showing us.

Basemine and Jarious Wright are first cousins and Basemine said they have a desire to go to the same school along with Greg Childs. I saw Basemine at the FCA combine earlier this year and he looks the part of a fast physical corner.

Basemine will be on Press Row at 8:06 Wednesday morning.

Hawgballz

The 3 young men from Warren will be a great trio of athletes whereever each one of them ends up, but I sure hope to see them and the Camden 3 playing for the Hogs in a couple of years.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

#1 STUNNA

warren now has five receivers with d1 scholarship offers, could be the best receiving corp in arkansas history

jhudson84

#1 STUNNA

jhudson84

SORRY thats the WR from Camden, whose the other 2 wr's and what are their offers?

#1 STUNNA

Chris Gragg- memphis, uapb, grambling st
Quin Franklin- Ark

D-Maczone

IcEwalker

if we get these three guys (Wright and Childs at WR, Jones at CB), then i'd feel alittle better if we werent able to land Joe Adams.

btw, i ran against wright at the indoor track meet, and the kid can fly. but he's alittle on the shorter side which may be the only downside for him as a receiver.

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: D-Maczone on June 19, 2007, 03:48:18 pm
do you think Warren will win state.

yes should have won it last year, will be better this year

HOGINTENNESSEE

Basemine come to Arkansas and bring Jarious and Greg with you !!!!!

Tomhog™

I would love to see a breakthrough in the Arkansas-Warren connection this year.  Sounds like if we get one, we might get them all.  Could be the best in-state class Nutt has ever had!

bd93

Quote from: Tomcat on June 19, 2007, 05:35:28 pm
I would love to see a breakthrough in the Arkansas-Warren connection this year.  Sounds like if we get one, we might get them all.  Could be the best in-state class Nutt has ever had!

I sure hope it turns out to be Nutt's best class.