Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where should Arkansas Recruit

Started by jhudson84, June 19, 2007, 10:38:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of these places should Arkansas really focus in on.

Mobile
Tulsa
Memphis
Dallas
Shreveport
New Orleans
Houston
Mississippi
Atlanta

jhudson84

I really think the Hogs have to start tapping into some of that talent in the Memphis area, it has been way too long since we have pulled a great player out of there.

ListenHereMister

Can I vote for Kansas City?
With Nebraska not being the team they once were, they
don't automatically get every top D1 recruit for KC anymore.

jhudson84

501Ben

Are we talking basketball or football? I think for basketball, along with football, we need to get back into Memphis as well.

killamon

definitely Dallas.....and the whole state of Louisiana

whocares

killamon has it down those are the two places we HAVE to get better at recruiting.

jhudson84

The thing about LA is it is so different from everywhere else in the country. Its is its own little world.  That is why those kids so rarely leave the state espcially at the top with LSU being so good right now.

Hawgballz

I checked Sheveport, but I believe it is really 2 places, Northern Louisiana & Dallas.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

bellavistamike

Hawgball, you are correct -- I-20 from Dallas to Monroe. You get a dozen kids a year from that region and you've got some players. The rest of the places will get you some players but only Houston would be able to compete with the I-20 kids.

Hogstocking

Hands down, Dallas.  It's only a 4 and a half or 5 hour drive and it produces a ton of talent.

Only Los Angeles, South Florida and Houson put more players on the rivals 250 than Dallas did this year

Rivals250: Top Metro Areas 
1. Los Angeles 26 
2. South Florida 14 
3. Houston 11 
4t. Atlanta 10 
4t. Dallas 10 

Beaverfever

Quote from: HawgBall06 on June 19, 2007, 01:47:12 pm
I checked Sheveport, but I believe it is really 2 places, Northern Louisiana & Dallas.
Exactly.  If we could regularly recruit well out of LR, S. AR/ N. LA, and Dallas we would be set.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: ListenHereMister on June 19, 2007, 10:57:03 am
Can I vote for Kansas City?
With Nebraska not being the team they once were, they
don't automatically get every top D1 recruit for KC anymore.

They (Coach Shibest) are starting to tap into KC recently (testing the waters)  &  Coach Pel has already targeted Memphis, Northern Mississippi with Coach Rob Evans hitting Jackson, MS.  & Eastern Louisiana area.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

UhOhioHog

Kansas City puts out some good football players.

Why would anyone pick Kansas or Mizzou over the Razorbacks.  Nebraska and Iowa are the big players unlike Dallas where we battle Texass and OU.  We should be able to rack up in KC!

Oklahawg

Critical to the Hogs is not completely switching gears. That was Nutt's trademark for the first 5-6 years at UA. Horrible decisions as they walked away from decades of inroads only to reverse course before they could sink any roots in new locations.

Houston and Dallas would be my choices. Anything north of Joplin or Springfield is too far north, in my opinion. They continue to dink around Tulsa with success. That's good, also.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Hogstocking

June 19, 2007, 07:33:11 pm #14 Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 08:03:45 pm by Hogstocking
Of the 12 four stars Dallas produced last year, we managed to get one (J Love) and everybody thought we were gonna get another one until William Cole shocked everybody and chose Okie State.  After the Vol game a lot of people thought Ron Brooks was Arkansas' to lose, but we know how that turned out..

Arkansas didn't do to bad in the Dallas metro area last year though getting Love, Bret Harris, Nathan Dick, Adrian Campbell, and Issac Madison.    Last year 100 athletes from the Dallas metro area signed D1 scholarships (http://dallasnews.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1618).  It's to close and to much of a goldmine to not be our 1rst priority out of state.  IMO.

mbgrulz

bball - Memphis and dallas/houston

fball - need more from LA, keep on truckin in tulsa/florida/georgia, and expand northwards.

TX HOG

I live in East Texas and A LOT of talent is here.  Texas and Oklahoma rack up in East Texas.

slopinhogs

i voted Dallas but i think we should look everywhere. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

AUSTXHOG

I voted Dallas.  You have so many good schools around the metroplex.  Dallas Skyline, Tyler John Tyler, South Grand Prairie, North Grand Prairie put out some amazing talent.

jhudson84

Hawgballz

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 25, 2007, 12:48:15 pm
Only one vote for Mississippi and look what I found:

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=686063

There is no doubt but what there is great talent in Mississippi, but I just believe that the I-20 stretch from the Dallas Metroplex to North Louisiana has more talent overall and is a much more furtile recruiting area for the Hogs.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

jhudson84

I agree but with the way the MISS. schools are playing right now we should get down there and build some roads now. 

Tomhog™

I still think Dallas is the most important area.  We are having success.  But we need to continue to hit all over eastern Texas, north LA, Georgia, Alabama, and Florida.  We have to have success in all areas to produce BCS bowl type teams.  Not to mention stellar in-state recruiting.

tophawg19

dallas is my choice but mississippi is a state we should really be hammering .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

SwinerBock

Personally, I don't see how we can continually pull recruits out of Alabama, Georgia, and Florida, and yet come consistently come up dry in Mississippi.

Ideally, there's no reason we shouldn't be able to recruit nationally.  But realistically, NE Texas (including Dallas), north Louisiana, everything east of the Oklahoma panhandle, the southern half of Missouri (including KC and St Louis), northern Mississippi, and of course Memphis.

thahawg

VenturaHog

great thread, I knew dallas was big for football but 100 players playing D1? thats crazy! If we could become the major SEC presence there we would be sitting pretty. Our location geographically puts us at a disadvantage for the deep south i think but at a huge advantage in tx and ok.