Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rotnei Clarke

Started by 501Ben, June 17, 2007, 11:14:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

501Ben

Wasn't sure if this had been posted but here is video of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9b5k_aOUaA

Hogstocking

Nice find. 

I heard he was in Fayetteville over the weekend

Razorod

Quote from: Hogstocking on June 17, 2007, 11:22:07 pm
Nice find. 

I hope this is true.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Adam Stokes

He can spot up from anywhere.  Man I hope we can land him.

blueshog2001

I would hate to have to guard Clarke!!!  Not only can the man shoot, but he creates his own shot. Half of the shots were with someone in his face.  Rotnei needs to be our top priority next year.

mbgrulz

Quote from: blueshog2001 on June 18, 2007, 10:19:28 am
I would hate to have to guard Clarke!!!  Not only can the man shoot, but he creates his own shot. Half of the shots were with someone in his face.  Rotnei needs to be our top priority next year.
i love this kid. i think you might be going too far by saying he is our TOP priority.

i can assure you that in college, he will be asked to turn that set-shot into a jump shot, but that is easy to do.

his build was better than i expected. he was decently bulky. a year in the weight room will really push him over the top.

put some lower body strength on him and get a quicker release on his shot, and he'll be a stud (even more of a stud at least.)

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Hogstocking on June 17, 2007, 11:22:07 pm
Nice find. 

Just speculating here, but he could have just been visiting Grandma with Dad during the Farther's Day weekend.  If that were true it makes our case (Arkansas) for him attending school in Fayetteville even more inviting.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

mrcrowley

how tall is he? he looks to be about  5'9"....

he has kind of an odd lookin shot....accurate though 

ksrazorback

Great looking kid, I too think he should be very high priority!!
This kid could be the difference in a tight game...

Thanks for the find!!
+1
Quote from: 501Ben on June 17, 2007, 11:14:00 pm
Wasn't sure if this had been posted but here is video of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9b5k_aOUaA
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

Hollywood_HOGan45

hope we are on his list of schools to officially visit.

we would be very fortunate to get him.

tbhogfan

Quote from: mrcrowley on June 18, 2007, 01:19:40 pm

He's listed at 6'0--175.  ----nudge, nudge, wink, wink-----   I think he is in the 5-10 range, but in Pel's system, I don't think that is going to be a detriment.  It sure isn't stopping schools like Kentucky from looking at him.
Go Hogs!

IcEwalker

get a slashing point guard, two big guys like sanchez and washington, and put clarke and rakestraw on both wings, we would have an amazing team.

mbgrulz

Quote from: IcEwalker on June 18, 2007, 04:42:51 pm
get a slashing point guard, two big guys like sanchez and washington, and put clarke and rakestraw on both wings, we would have an amazing team.
maybe offensively. defensively we would struggle. that would also be a suspect rebounding unit. great shooting threats though.

a guy by the name of patrick beverley will probably claim ownership to one of those wing spots for the next 3 years.

if we go without a true post (sanchez and washington), we'd need a sonny weems type of 3. maybe clarence trent? Dequan Jones?

lots of possibilities. i'm really excited to see how pel restocks our team. he'll need players of all kinds. bigs, guards, and swingmen.

bgsisco

What a quick shot.  That was what impressed me, it was out of his hands in no time.

T-Wacker

Looks like another Cannon Whitby. He scored like 40 points a game in high school and about 40 total points in college.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: T-Wacker on June 18, 2007, 09:20:37 pm
Looks like another Cannon Whitby. He scored like 40 points a game in high school and about 40 total points in college.

you have no idea whatsoever.

none

T-Wacker

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on June 18, 2007, 09:23:11 pm

none

Why? What are your credentials other than being impressed by a video that only showed his successes? I am just saying there are players all over the country that score a ton of points and rarely do they succeed at the D1 level, like Whitby.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: T-Wacker on June 18, 2007, 09:40:34 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on June 18, 2007, 09:23:11 pm

none

Why? What are your credentials other than being impressed by a video that only showed his successes? I am just saying there are players all over the country that score a ton of points and rarely do they succeed at the D1 level, like Whitby.

Hmmm

lemme see

could it be that Ive seen Clarke light people up at the biggest tournament in the state of Oklahoma?
And yes he's done this against kids that have committed to Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, etc etc often facing double most of the game.

He's also being recruited by Kansas and Kentucky. You might have heard of those programs.

mrcrowley

June 19, 2007, 02:47:17 am #18 Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 02:50:17 am by mrcrowley
Quote from: tbhogfan on June 18, 2007, 04:16:30 pm
Quote from: mrcrowley on June 18, 2007, 01:19:40 pm

He's listed at 6'0--175.  ----nudge, nudge, wink, wink-----   I think he is in the 5-10 range, but in Pel's system, I don't think that is going to be a detriment.  It sure isn't stopping schools like Kentucky from looking at him.
i had just read somewhere that he was 6' an i was a lil suprised at how short he was.
he does have a nice stroke.

pigwiz

He kind of reminds me of brandon cole who played over at JBU.  great shooter

Hawgballz

Quote from: pigwiz on June 19, 2007, 03:33:26 am
He kind of reminds me of brandon cole who played over at JBU.  great shooter

That is a very good call.  I had thought the very same thing, but wasn't sure how many folks on here would know who Brandon was.  If Rotnei did decide to go to Arkansas, he couldn't do much better than Brandon did, but I would sure hope that he could equal him (a National Championship and set the all-time NCAA career 3 pointers made record and a really great young man on top of all of that).
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

AFWarrior83

Those UK fans were really pushing for him on his U TUBE video comments.
Hogville member since 2005.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on June 19, 2007, 08:04:54 am
Those UK fans were really pushing for him on his U TUBE video comments.

They are just like Coach Gillispie tell every PG/SG that he is their #1 target.   They have 4 opening and have offered 14+ scholarships...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

slopinhogs

i don't care if he is 4'2 if he can shoot like everone says he can . bring him home.  :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

LJHOG

Now why you go and say sumptin' like dat?  You ack like you know all about the basketball.  When the truth be tole, you don know nutin' bout the game and if this kid gonna be good or bad.  Your momma don't teach you, if you ain't got nutin' good to say, be keepin' you mouf closed.
I hope he come to Arkansas an score bout 50 million points so he show you!!

Kilgor

Quote from: LJHOG on June 19, 2007, 11:37:00 pm
Now why you go and say sumptin' like dat?  You ack like you know all about the basketball.  When the truth be tole, you don know nutin' bout the game and if this kid gonna be good or bad.  Your momma don't teach you, if you ain't got nutin' good to say, be keepin' you mouf closed.
I hope he come to Arkansas an score bout 50 million points so he show you!!

Coonass?
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

ksrazorback

This kid is a very good Basketball player the UA would be greatfull to get...

I would think name calling can be done somewhere else please!!

:razorback:  Go Razorbacks ~ Go Future Razorbacks    :razorback:   :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

razorbackmkh

This kid is very aggressive. My favorite shot was the one where he gets his shot blocked, snatches up the ball, passes, gets the rebound off the missed shot, and THEN drives to the basket, makes the shot and draws the foul. Tenacity.
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.