Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas RB Sam McGuffie talks recruiting

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 17, 2007, 08:34:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Sam is a 6'0 185 RB with 4.32 speed from Cypress Texas, Cy-Fair HS. Sam rushed 358 times for 3,121 yards and 8.7 average per carry along with 43TDs. I talked to Sam about 50 minutes ago and here's what he had to say.

TRG: How many offers do you have?

Sam: I have around 30.

TRG: When did Arkansas offer?

Sam: They offered about two months ago.

TRG: What schools have you visited?

Sam: I've visited Oklahoma, LSU, Texas A&M, and Baylor but that's about it. I haven't done camps anywhere.

TRG: Do you have a top 5 or top 10?

Sam: I haven't got to that yet.

TRG: Who's recruiting you for Arkansas?

Sam: Coach Shibest. He's pretty cool and a stand up guy. I like him a lot.

TRG: What about a decision?

Sam: I was hoping to get it done before my Sr. year but more schools have come in and it's making it tougher for me. I just might wait and visit all the schools I want to visit and then I may commit.

TRG: What are you interested in Arkansas?

Sam: They run the ball and they know how to produce backs. That usually translates well to the next level.

TRG: When do you plan to make your official visits?

Sam: Probably after the season.

TRG: Is Arkansas is potential visit for you?

Sam: Yes, definitely. I talked to Jim Youngblood the other day actually.

TRG: What did you guys talk about?

Sam: He just texted message me and said come to Arkansas, the facilities are nice. They have a good program and they're going to make some noise. He said I should take an official visit to Arkansas.

Sam's dad has numerous family members in Arkansas but Sam has never met any of them. Sam didn't a hint about having any favorites.

Sam will be on Press Row Tuesday morning at 8:06.

Sam's amazing video once again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4IJ17ODo_s

COCHISE

bd93

Adam Stokes

There's Jimmy helping recruiting yet again.  Come on Sam you'll be a stud if you come here!!

razorbass

Love the way this guy just hurdles over people awesome! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

TMc

The kid is an amazing back.., I hope we have a great year .., will help our chances with him.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: razorbass on June 17, 2007, 09:21:29 pm
Love the way this guy just hurdles over people awesome! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Not only that, he has tremondous leg strength and explosive speed.  The shot of him breaking out of a huddle of about 4 tacklers still blows my mind.  A big part of the reason he made it happen was due to the fact that he kept his feet moving the whole time.  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

U.P. HOGG

June 17, 2007, 10:03:40 pm #7 Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 10:12:01 pm by U.P. HOGG
NM

U.P. HOGG

That kid is un-freakin-believable!!  WOW!  Fantastic field awareness.  He should be invited to D-Macs heisman trophy ceremony in New York next year!!

Michael Porkleone

If you haven't, check out his video.

351hog directed my to it and this kid can run the freaking ball like few at his level can.

His ability to cut and make the defender miss is amazing.
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

Hogstocking

Hogstocking

Realist

are u saying that is McGuffie right there in that pic?

Hogstocking

June 17, 2007, 11:11:40 pm #13 Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 11:53:55 pm by Hogstocking
Quote from: Realist on June 17, 2007, 11:03:34 pm
are u saying that is McGuffie right there in that pic?

yes...heres a few more

jabohog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 17, 2007, 08:34:01 pm
Sam is a 6'0 185 RB with 4.32 speed from Cypress Texas, Cy-Fair HS. Sam rushed 358 times for 3,121 yards and 8.7 average per carry along with 43TDs. I talked to Sam about 50 minutes ago and here's what he had to say.

TRG: How many offers do you have?

Sam: I have around 30.

TRG: When did Arkansas offer?

Sam: They offered about two months ago.

TRG: What schools have you visited?

Sam: I've visited Oklahoma, LSU, Texas A&M, and Baylor but that's about it. I haven't done camps anywhere.

TRG: Do you have a top 5 or top 10?

Sam: I haven't got to that yet.

TRG: Who's recruiting you for Arkansas?

Sam: Coach Shibest. He's pretty cool and a stand up guy. I like him a lot.

TRG: What about a decision?

Sam: I was hoping to get it done before my Sr. year but more schools have come in and it's making it tougher for me. I just might wait and visit all the schools I want to visit and then I may commit.

TRG: What are you interested in Arkansas?

Sam: They run the ball and they know how to produce backs. That usually translates well to the next level.

TRG: When do you plan to make your official visits?

Sam: Probably after the season.

TRG: Is Arkansas is potential visit for you?

Sam: Yes, definitely. I talked to Jim Youngblood the other day actually.

TRG: What did you guys talk about?

Sam: He just texted message me and said come to Arkansas, the facilities are nice. They have a good program and they're going to make some noise. He said I should take an official visit to Arkansas.

Sam's dad has numerous family members in Arkansas but Sam has never met any of them. Sam didn't a hint about having any favorites.

Sam will be on Press Row Tuesday morning at 8:06.

Sam's amazing video once again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4IJ17ODo_s

This kid is outstanding. I doubt we ever get him. I know I shouldn't but I have to ask, is this kid white?

jabohog

Sorry, I should have read down a few more posts. Great job Richard.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Sam come to Arkansas !!!! We know how to use running backs.

diehardrbackfan

June 18, 2007, 12:07:32 am #18 Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 07:18:26 pm by diehardrbackfan

go hogues

Quote from: jabohog on June 17, 2007, 11:29:02 pm
This kid is outstanding. I doubt we ever get him. I know I shouldn't but I have to ask, is this kid white?
Quote from: Hogstocking on June 17, 2007, 10:53:56 pm

No silly, he's purple.  :D

Sorry, I had to.  ;)
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

AFWarrior83

June 18, 2007, 05:13:55 am #21 Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 07:04:33 am by AFWarrior83
WOW!!  Everyone knows McFadden is leaving after this year more than likely, wouldn't it be nice to have McGuffie replace him... "Come be a Hog Sam" we will make you a star in the SEC.
Hogville member since 2005.

Hawgzilla

I think that McGuffie will be an awesome back in College.........But check out Hornfans.com in the recruiting sections and they are not to high on this kid........A few on there are taking up for him,but most don't think he could cut it in bigtime College Football........Go over and get a good laugh,they are talking about his hips and him jumping tacklers,says he will get punished at the next level........... :razorback:

AFWarrior83

Quote from: Hawgzilla on June 18, 2007, 06:07:44 am

I think that McGuffie will be an awesome back in College.........But check out Hornfans.com in the recruiting sections and they are not to high on this kid........A few on there are taking up for him,but most don't think he could cut it in bigtime College Football........Go over and get a good laugh,they are talking about his hips and him jumping tacklers,says he will get punished at the next level........... :razorback:

Well what else did you expect? He's not considering the Whornes... The video speaks for itself, although I hope he doesn't try hurdling against an SEC defence.
Hogville member since 2005.

Hogstocking

June 18, 2007, 11:47:08 am #24 Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 11:53:20 am by Hogstocking
Quote from: AFWarrior83 on June 18, 2007, 07:03:46 am
Quote from: Hawgzilla on June 18, 2007, 06:07:44 am

Well what else did you expect? He's not considering the Whornes... The video speaks for itself, although I hope he doesn't try hurdling against an SEC defence.

Exactly.    If McGuffie was commited to Texas right now those same fans would already be proclaiming him the next great RB in the country.    I remember last year they were dogging out Terrance Toliver (5 star WR rated the #2 player in Texas) because he didn't consider them.

jpenrod1

They are right about the jumping. i think he could try it against a CB, but if he tried that against a hard nose safety or a LB, he would get owned. I do remember Peyton Hillis jumping over a Texas CB last time we played.

ksrazorback

Awesome Tape Richard, thanks... Sam would look good in Razorback Red, rather picturesque!!

:razorback:  Go be a Razorback Sam McGuffie     :razorback:    :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

Tomhog™

Arkansas will land a top RB this class. With DMac and likely Jones gone, it's wide open for the starting slot.  Just wait and see guys, we'll get a really good one.  Hopefully, it's Sam...

351hog

Quote from: Tomcat on June 18, 2007, 12:51:46 pm
Arkansas will land a top RB this class. With DMac and likely Jones gone, it's wide open for the starting slot.  Just wait and see guys, we'll get a really good one.  Hopefully, it's Sam...

Tomcat...are you saying you would rather have Sam over Curtis?  It's a coin flip in my mind at this point.

jpenrod1

Quote from: 351hog on June 18, 2007, 12:55:58 pm

Tomcat...are you saying you would rather have Sam over Curtis?  It's a coin flip in my mind at this point.

I would rather have sam. I think that he is a perfect replacement for felix. maybe even better. We already have backs to run between the tackles, and they are easier to find. I think Sam is also someone that would be a great WR. we could use him on KR, and PR too. he can be used in so many ways his value is higher than Curtis. in my opinion.

Landonhog

I don't want to make that choice, so I'll just say we need em both!

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: Landonhog on June 18, 2007, 05:26:49 pm

I don't want to make that choice, so I'll just say we need em both!
My thoughts exactly, both would be great!  Getting Dennis Johnson wouldn't hear either.

tophawg19

agreed . we need both . sam is that back we gotta have . d-macs replacement is ready now . this kid would be a top 15 back in college now.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

351hog

His run at the 4:43 part of the video is the best one....reminds me of the run Barry Sanders had against the Bears back in the day. 

T-Bag Hawg

It's a pill, that gives worms to ex-girlfriends!  You just don't get it!

lovethosehogs

41 touchdowns as a junoir.  8.1 yards a carry. wow.  come on sam

VenturaHog

cam't believe we have a shot with him. I really hope Dmac wins the heisman, that should help our chances a ton.