Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

need help . is there a video of jim youngblood .

Started by tophawg19, June 16, 2007, 10:01:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tophawg19

i did a serch and didn't see a link to a video for him
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 16, 2007, 10:01:15 pm
i did a serch and didn't see a link to a video for him

I think all current video of him is PPV at the moment...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

tophawg19

thanks . that really sucks but that's camden for you
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

IronHog

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Rooka

IronHog

Just watched both videos again.

People have been whining because Nutt is after a "dual threat" QB but watch this young man in the pocket.  Nice drop back then on his toes looking down field with a nice delivery from the ear just like it should be.  He moves well and throws the short and medium routes with velocity and accuracy.  It is obvious he has been well coached in the passing game.

The bonus is he runs well, and looks like a future D1'r doing it.

Rooka

If you saw Kale Pick's video that is on the board, He seems better than Youngblood but that is just my opinion. I really think that one of these two will be the starter after Dick and might get some playing time as freshmen.  I am very happy with these two Quarterbacks.

The Coletrain

Jim's got some strength.  I liked seeing him give some of those would-be tacklers the ole stiff arm.  Don't know if he'll be able to do that to SEC LBs, but it's always good to have a QB that won't go down with that initial hit or pull at his jersey.  He's another guy that can throw on the run, too.  I think we've picked up four very good QBs since last January with Dick, Chaisson, Pick, and Youngblood.  Four mobile, athletic passers who should thrive in our system. 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

jpenrod1

Quote from: Death by Hog on June 17, 2007, 10:11:53 am
If you saw Kale Pick's video that is on the board, He seems better than Youngblood but that is just my opinion. I really think that one of these two will be the starter after Dick and might get some playing time as freshmen.  I am very happy with these two Quarterbacks.

I think Kale pick and Nathan Dick will be the two in the race for the next starter. both QBs have looked very impressive. not to mention Nathan does not turn the ball over. He is very smart with it. I was amazed at the accuracy of Pick down field.

IronHog

They are both good looking athletes.  Pick appears to play in a larger classification based on competition.  Remember these kids are 16-17 years old in these videos throwing the ball 50 yards in the air and running away from kids at 6-3 200+.  They both have the potential to be very special players by the time they are 2-3 years into college.

This is a case where they may be better short and long term than most the 4 and 5 stars ahead of them in the "recruiting rankings".  They both look more physically ready to play d1 ball than say Mustain did or that Clausen kid coming out of HS.

chrisbracadabra

quality of video sucks. cant tell much about jy

arklahoman36

Does Youngblood ever play from under center? Obviously he has an arm, the highlight shows accurate throws, he can scramble and run. But the one highlight video I saw, when I clicked the second I just got an ad asking me to join Rivals, exclusively showed him in the shotgun.

My concern with that is ARK doesn't have a recent history of developing QBs, and if Youngblood doesn't have experience with taking a drop from under center, I wonder if Lee is the coach to get the job done. Maybe he will, but at this point it's wait and see.

I also watched Kale Pick's video, I liked him as a pure passer better than Youngblood, he did a good job of leading receivers, putting the ball where only his guys could get it and not putting too much air on the ball to allow the defense to adjust.

A big challenge for him I think is going to be learning to look off receivers. I didn't see any throws in his highlight reel where he looked anywhere other than where he threw the ball -- except one where he dumped it off to a RB.

Part of that might have been the O-line. I looked at his rushing stats on Rivals and saw he rushed for 38 yards on 46 carries. On the highlight reel, if they were all from his junior season, showed three scrambles with combined yardage of probably 50-60 yards.

It may just be that he didn't feel like he had much time to look around, since I'm guessing he was sacked quite a bit.

IronHog

June 17, 2007, 03:32:22 pm #12 Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 04:35:31 pm by IronHog
Quote from: arklahoman36 on June 17, 2007, 03:14:27 pm
Does Youngblood ever play from under center? Obviously he has an arm, the highlight shows accurate throws, he can scramble and run. But the one highlight video I saw, when I clicked the second I just got an ad asking me to join Rivals, exclusively showed him in the shotgun.

My concern with that is ARK doesn't have a recent history of developing QBs, and if Youngblood doesn't have experience with taking a drop from under center, I wonder if Lee is the coach to get the job done. Maybe he will, but at this point it's wait and see.

I also watched Kale Pick's video, I liked him as a pure passer better than Youngblood, he did a good job of leading receivers, putting the ball where only his guys could get it and not putting too much air on the ball to allow the defense to adjust.

A big challenge for him I think is going to be learning to look off receivers. I didn't see any throws in his highlight reel where he looked anywhere other than where he threw the ball -- except one where he dumped it off to a RB.

Part of that might have been the O-line. I looked at his rushing stats on Rivals and saw he rushed for 38 yards on 46 carries. On the highlight reel, if they were all from his junior season, showed three scrambles with combined yardage of probably 50-60 yards.

It may just be that he didn't feel like he had much time to look around, since I'm guessing he was sacked quite a bit.

The trend in college football is to use these big dual threat QB's out of the shotgun almost exclusively.

Matt Jones & Alex Smith---->Vince Young------>Tebow and White (WV)-------->Youngblood/Pick?

Arkansas spent much of the time with the QB under center last year because McFadden is a throwback runner who thrives off tackle using his vision and acceleration.  When he played QB he lined up in the shotgun like both of these young men will likely do most of their college careers.

jpenrod1

I am concerned about youngbloods decision making. Most of his throws were into double coverage. i know he is in highschool and it could be his WRs, but i kind of think that he is in Highschool so there has to be an open WR. He has the ability, but he will need some coaching.

The_Bionic_Pig

June 17, 2007, 05:25:37 pm #14 Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 05:27:22 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
[youtube=425,350]C0eBqkIjmXA [/youtube]Nathan Dick was better than his brother as a Junior in H.S. and would take the job if a one on one matched up occured in my opinion.  People are sleeping on him because he was following his former Head Coach (Todd Graham) to Rice.  He broke a bone in his tibia on the second play of Allen's 45-7 loss to Plano in the sixth game of the season in 05' and suffered a shoulder injury in the Semifinals of the state against Carrol in Dec 06'.   This made a lot of teams shy away from recruiting him. 

Joe Chaisson was a one time 4 STAR on the verge of pushing 5. And was once considered the top Duel Threat QB in Texas and top 5 overall.  He had offers early September at one point from Tennessee, Indiana, Iowa State, Missouri, Miami,  and LSU.   He almost verbaled to Tennessee after David Cutcliffe was recruiting him so hard over Jimbo Fisher and LSU.

Both Chaisson & Dick are just as big and fast as the guys we have committed so just because something is recent doesn't mean they will have a cakewalk once on campus.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

mrcrowley

Quote from: jpenrod1 on June 17, 2007, 01:20:52 pm
i can just here it now....pick dick

I think Kale pick and Nathan Dick will be the two in the race for the next starter. both QBs have looked very impressive. not to mention Nathan does not turn the ball over. He is very smart with it. I was amazed at the accuracy of Pick down field.

IronHog

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on June 17, 2007, 05:25:37 pm
[youtube=425,350]C0eBqkIjmXA [/youtube]Nathan Dick was better than his brother as a Junior in H.S. and would take the job if a one on one matched up occured in my opinion.  People are sleeping on him because he was following his former Head Coach (Todd Graham) to Rice.  He broke a bone in his tibia on the second play of Allen's 45-7 loss to Plano in the sixth game of the season in 05' and suffered a shoulder injury in the Semifinals of the state against Carrol in Dec 06'.   This made a lot of teams shy away from recruiting him. 

Joe Chaisson was a one time 4 STAR on the verge of pushing 5. And was once considered the top Duel Threat QB in Texas and top 5 overall.  He had offers early September at one point from Tennessee, Indiana, Iowa State, Missouri, Miami,  and LSU.   He almost verbaled to Tennessee after David Cutcliffe was recruiting him so hard over Jimbo Fisher and LSU.

Both Chaisson & Dick are just as big and fast as the guys we have committed so just because something is recent doesn't mean they will have a cakewalk once on campus.

The very good to elite programs have intense competition for all starting positions.  If all of these guys make it to campus it will be the first time in my memory that Arkansas will have that many legit potential D1 QB's on the same team.

No more rumors of QB's running up and down the field without shoes during practice.  It will take hard work to beat these guys out.