Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Add yet another RB he is supposed to come through this month after his visit

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, June 16, 2007, 04:56:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The Recruiting Guy

I talked to his coach the last week and he said Kye wanted to make the LSU, Ark, and Tennessee trips. It looks like a 5 team race with Kye with OU and OSU in the mix.

I received his highlight tape and hope to have it on the board very soon.

tophawg19

to many choices at rb. damn when was the last time we had this problem at any position
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Bomis Hawg

Arkansas didn't get the back with the better career a few years ago when Dedrick Poole, De'Arrius Howard, and DeAngelo Willams all came out.

Arkansas got the best of the Roy Upchurch & Felix Jones battle when they landed Mr. Jones.  Hopefully, we can look back and say that we were pleased with the backs we picked up.

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on June 16, 2007, 06:09:17 pm
Arkansas got the best of the Roy Upchurch & Felix Jones battle when they landed Mr. Jones.  Hopefully, we can look back and say that we were pleased with the backs we picked up.

yea, we definitely got the better end of that stick... jones is just as important to our offense and return game as mcfadden is, no question.  with all of the choices this year, it makes it tough to know who to pick if they're all equal.  you want to take the arkansas kids because that's home and you "gotta build that fence."  but it's pretty tough to get into florida and other talent-rich states, so you almost want to take those recruits if they're that interested in arkansas because they might have teammates that are highly recruited in the future that you have that relationship established.
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

tophawg19

Bomis Hawg

McGuffie and Curtis.
You can draw any of the other hames from a hat and I'd be fine.

tophawg19

i tend to agree . thomas would be good also . this kid looks like a barry sanders

1longshot

you can always think about the possibility of the extras playing lb, fb, .......
great athletes find a way to play

bkjacks

arklahoman36

Staley isn't a RB he's a QB, listed as an athlete by recruiting services, and what has been written about him early on has many schools projecting him as a DB.

LJHOG

I know there is a long way to go in the recruiting process, but can you imagine.  Arkansas having to withdraw an offer to a 4* player because we don't have an opening.  That just blows my mind, but this year it could happen.

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: LJHOG on June 17, 2007, 06:07:29 am
I know there is a long way to go in the recruiting process, but can you imagine.  Arkansas having to withdraw an offer to a 4* player because we don't have an opening.  That just blows my mind, but this year it could happen.

that's usually when they oversign and get someone already in the fold to leave.
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

351hog

Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on June 17, 2007, 08:07:22 am

My thoughts exactly.  If we sign 4 rb's this year, then I dont see us recruiting Franklin after his stay at Hargrave.  There are too many good rb's interested in the Hogs this year to not take 4.

Hawgballz

Quote from: 351hog on June 17, 2007, 08:55:17 am
Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on June 17, 2007, 08:07:22 am

My thoughts exactly.  If we sign 4 rb's this year, then I dont see us recruiting Franklin after his stay at Hargrave.  There are too many good rb's interested in the Hogs this year to not take 4.

I think we take Franklin, because he has been projected as a DB by some and can easily move with his athleticism.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: arklahoman36 on June 17, 2007, 02:17:40 am
Staley isn't a RB he's a QB, listed as an athlete by recruiting services, and what has been written about him early on has many schools projecting him as a DB.

Good Catch Arklahoman!!! +1

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

arklahoman36

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on June 17, 2007, 11:15:37 am
Quote from: arklahoman36 on June 17, 2007, 02:17:40 am

Good Catch Arklahoman!!! +1

I grew up in Okla, so gotta keep up with the boys there.
Staley is being heavily recruited, last I heard he had around 10 offers -- and not from La Tech -- but Mich, NEB, OU etc. I don't know if Tenn and LSU have offered.  If they haven't, I expect at least one if not both will.

Reading the sports blogs around here and talking to some friends who cover HS football around the state, he is a consensus top 5 player in Okla. I got to see about 10-12 Okla players last year that are being, or are expected to draw some significant offers before it's all said and done -- but not Staley.

While Staley's stock has risen John Williams, the OL out of Tulsa Washington, has had his stock fall a little.

AFWarrior83

Out of all the Backs avialable, I want to McCuffie.  Any others will be warm welcomed, but I have never seen a high school reel like that.
Hogville member since 2005.

351hog

TheArkansasTraveller

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 16, 2007, 05:21:34 pm
to many choices at rb. damn when was the last time we had this problem at any position

Were about to have this problem at QB too.  At one point Casey Dick, Nathan Dick, Joe Chaisson, Kale Pick, and Jim Youngblood will be battling it out on the practice field.

I like the idea of stock piling these "bad ass" running back prospects.  It will help our return game as well.

razorbackmkh

Looking on scouts and rivals, I don't see us listed as a choice for McGuffie. Am I misinformed or what?
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

ksrazorback

Yep agreed it's McGuffie and then someone else...

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=140614.0

We should have someone living on Sam's door step till he signs......

:razorback:  Go Future Razorbacks   :razorback:   :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

Hawgballz

Quote from: razorbackmkh on June 21, 2007, 01:09:57 pm
Looking on scouts and rivals, I don't see us listed as a choice for McGuffie. Am I misinformed or what?

Scout & Rivals are just running behind.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Hogstocking on June 21, 2007, 02:28:11 pm
Rivals does list Arkansas.  http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=54392&sport=1

Scout is notoriously slow.

Not that it matters 1 iota, but I checked Rivals yesterday (a friend asked me why Rivals didn't show us) and Arkansas was not listed for him, so they must have updated very recently.

Hogstocking

I think the state rankings have been screwin up the database for a short time cause I've seen simular things happen this week. 

razorbackmkh

Thanks guys. I had also checked rivals yesterday and it didn't list Arkansas. Glad to see we're in the game with him. Watched his highlight film recently and...wow. That kid has great upfield vision and speed. Definitely looks like an SEC back.
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.