Started by The_Bionic_Pig, June 16, 2007, 11:29:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HawgG

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: HawgG on June 16, 2007, 11:49:01 am
Beat me to it. ;)

HawgG I wish Kentucky & Kansas would get their PG committs for 08'  it would help us immensely if its someone were not presently recruiting.  They seem to offer everyone Pelphrey has offered within weeks..... Coach Gillispie has offered about 14 scholarships for the 08' Class with only 4 available scholarships.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HawgG

June 16, 2007, 03:14:16 pm #4 Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 03:30:59 pm by HawgG
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on June 16, 2007, 12:14:33 pm
HawgG I wish Kentucky & Kansas would get their PG committs for 08'  it would help us immensely if its someone were not presently recruiting.  They seem to offer everyone Pelphrey has offered within weeks..... Coach Gillispie has offered about 14 scholarships for the 08' Class with only 4 available scholarships.

Well it would help Arkansas if UK and KU got their commitments out of the way.

Maybe Pelphrey and staff should set their sites on a little less of a prospect just for the '08 class.

There is a reason why Gillispie and Self seem to be purposely targeting prospects that Arkansas is on also.

Unfortunately there is nothing can be done but keep going and know that UK and KU can't sign all the prospects.

hogsfan4l1fe

Quote from: HawgG on June 16, 2007, 03:14:16 pm
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on June 16, 2007, 12:14:33 pm

Well it would help Arkansas if UK and KU got their commitments out of the way.

Maybe Pelphrey and staff should set their sites on a little less of a prospect just for the '08 class.

There is a reason why Gillispie and Self seem to be purposely targeting prospects that Arkansas is on also.

Unfortunately there is nothing can be done but keep going and know that UK and KU can't sign all the prospects.

That's a great idea......Lets throw in the towel because we are afraid of a little competition.

HawgG

Quote from: hogsfan4l1fe on June 16, 2007, 05:06:07 pm
That's a great idea......Lets throw in the towel because we are afraid of a little competition.

I didn't say throw in the towel.

What I am saying is this coaching staff is facing an uphill battle in recruiting for the '08 class because of circumstances out of their control.

Don't think for a moment that coaches aren't negatively recruiting against Arkansas.

I promise you that Self, Gillispie, and Calipari are using the advantages they gained on Arkansas back in March against this new coaching staff.

When I said they should set their sites on a little less of a prospect, I didn't mean go from recruiting a SURE FIRE STUD to a guy that is a PROJECT.

Razorod

Quote from: HawgG on June 17, 2007, 04:25:20 am
Quote from: hogsfan4l1fe on June 16, 2007, 05:06:07 pm

I didn't say throw in the towel.

What I am saying is this coaching staff is facing an uphill battle in recruiting for the '08 class because of circumstances out of their control.

Don't think for a moment that coaches aren't negatively recruiting against Arkansas.

I promise you that Self, Gillispie, and Calipari are using the advantages they gained on Arkansas back in March against this new coaching staff.

When I said they should set their sites on a little less of a prospect, I didn't mean go from recruiting a SURE FIRE STUD to a guy that is a PROJECT.

HawgG is right. Until Pel and staff do something on the court, they are going to have a difficult time convincing the five stars to come this way unless they have some sort of previous connection with them.

The 08 targets should be solid players who can play in the SEC. Rotnie Clark is still out there along with Terrance Joyner. Clark is a long shot, I admit. If UK or KU want him, he's probably theirs, but maybe they get higher rated players themselves. Joyner is listing us and New Mexico as his leaders and he seems to be a top 150 player.

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Hollywood_HOGan45

anybody got the latest on terrance henry?