Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Latest on Rogers TE Jake Byrne

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 15, 2007, 06:45:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

June 15, 2007, 06:45:43 pm Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 12:46:56 pm by Richard Davenport
He said Wisconsin, OU and Oklahoma St are showing strong interest and he plans to visit all three this summer.

His offers: Arkansas, Tulsa, Kansas and Miss St.

Interview back in May:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=135364.0

The Coletrain

It would be nice to land Jake and have our TE class finished this early. 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Jake Arkansas is the place for you!!

IcEwalker

he would be a big addition to an already strong looking class.

351hog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 15, 2007, 06:45:43 pm
He said Wisconsin, OU and Oklahoma St are showing strong interest and he plans to visit all three this summer.

Have you been able to gage his interest in Arkansas?

HawgAdvocate

Is he looking to play TE in college? Or is he open to playing another position?
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: 351hog on June 16, 2007, 11:13:04 am
Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 15, 2007, 06:45:43 pm

Have you been able to gage his interest in Arkansas?

He interested but wants to see some other schools. Jake hasn't told me this but I think is really wide open when it comes to schools.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on June 16, 2007, 11:39:14 am
Is he looking to play TE in college? Or is he open to playing another position?

I'm pretty sure he wants to stay at TE but I'll ask and see.

IcEwalker

if he came here, i have no doubt D.Lee would want him as a TE (like Witten in the Dallas offense).

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: IcEwalker on June 16, 2007, 01:50:03 pm
if he came here, i have no doubt D.Lee would want him as a TE (like Witten in the Dallas offense).

Time will tell I suppose.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

mj4president

Guys I know yall hate me here but Jake will not come here if OU or Wisconsin offer.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

jackflash

Understand OU, can you tell me your reason for saying Wisconsin, know we will have a hard time recruiting pass catching tight ends, until we show them, their not guards

jmchog

I think his parents grew up in Wisconsin.

arklahoman36

I would be sort of surprised if OU offers Byrne, unless they would look to convert him to DE, and I only see them doing that if all other options at DE fall apart.

OU is looking for a single TE for 2008, and have a verbal from a kid from Tex.
OU is looking to recruit 2-3 DE, have two verbals and are still in the running for a couple of other high-rated DEs.

ListenHereMister

Didn't OU sign Jermaine Gresham a few year back,
#1 TE prospect?

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: mj4president on June 16, 2007, 11:18:45 pm
Guys I know yall hate me here but Jake will not come here if OU or Wisconsin offer.

I agree.

arklahoman36

Quote from: ListenHereMister on June 19, 2007, 10:36:51 am
Didn't OU sign Jermaine Gresham a few year back,
#1 TE prospect?

It was 2006, they also signed a kid in 2006 that was like the 30th ranked TE prospect and have a kid they got in 2005 they converted from DE to TE that's been impressive. I don't see them offering Byrne this year, with what they have an already having a verbal from a TE in this class.