Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RB Sam McGuffie tid bit

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 15, 2007, 06:42:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

June 15, 2007, 06:42:22 pm Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 07:30:26 pm by Richard Davenport
Jim Youngblood talked to Sam about 20 minutes ago. Jim said Sam was really interested in Arkansas and hoped to make it up to Arkansas' Sr. camp.

Jim just keeps working hard to bring the talent to the Hill.

Here's Sam's video again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4IJ17ODo_s

gohawgsgo

good news!  Thanks, Richard!

Hogstocking

Youngblood is da man.

I can't watch that video enough, absoutely incredible.

tophawg19

youngblood is the kind of kid you really have to have in the program . if he never turns out to be a great qb. he has already paid his dues by helping recruit others .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Realist

His change of direction is amazing.  A couple of really good spins at the end. 
Would make the whole recruiting class for me

bkjacks

That might be the most impressive RB I have seen in HS.

VenturaHog

Love those tidbits, If we could get him AND adams, bust out the champagne

1longshot

sorry no champagne just yet we still need a few on d before any celebration incurs

jackflash

Thanks Richard, always enjoy reading about recruiting. Seems to me we have no trouble in recruiting offensive players, why in your opinion do we have a hard time getting corners.

IcEwalker

we need him to commit first before the celebration can even start. i hope he does, he is an amazing player.

IcEwalker

Quote from: jackflash on June 16, 2007, 08:06:18 am
Thanks Richard, always enjoy reading about recruiting. Seems to me we have no trouble in recruiting offensive players, why in your opinion do we have a hard time getting corners.

im not richard, but i believe we have received strong interest between two 6'1", 4.47  DB's from texas. is that true?

The Coletrain

Quote from: IcEwalker on June 16, 2007, 08:13:19 am
Quote from: jackflash on June 16, 2007, 08:06:18 am

im not richard, but i believe we have received strong interest between two 6'1", 4.47  DB's from texas. is that true?

Two corners and a safety from TX to be exact.   ;D
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

hogtusk

From looking at the video he has a good burst...., I think he could be on the track team as a hurdler.
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

351hog

Great video...very impressive!  Would love to see this kid in a HOG uni.  Keep calling him Jim...your class has the opportunity to be one of the best to come thru Arkansas.   :razorback:

Landonhog

It would be fantastic to get Sam!  Hope he makes it to Sr. camp...  Let DMac and Felix show him the ropes!

COCHISE

What does a kid have to do to get a 5*, sheesh!

1longshot

ok i'm from greenwood and i would like to see wilson become a hog maybe not under nutt but a hog; however, if youngblood can get that guy and some of the others he's been reportedly contacting he might give the governor a run for his money next election year

bkjacks

Does anyone have a bio on Sam?

spankinbacon

That kid is sick!!! He is doing that against some big time high school competition, real him in Jim!!!

bkjacks

Thanks for bio. I can't believe he is white, never seen a white boy run like that. Could he be another Lance Allworth? Who said white men can't jump?

jpenrod1

I really think he is the best high school RB i have seen. He is also the closest thing i have seen to Reggie bush.

tophawg19

this kid has more power than bush ever dreamed . he's more like mcfadden with a little more agility. if you look at their numbers mcfaddens are better than bushes . tommy t. made the statement that he is better than any of the backs auburn has had including c. williams and r brown who were drafted #2 and #5overall. over aa 2 year period only hershal walker has more yards and he didn't have to share time with felix jones .

jpenrod1

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 17, 2007, 01:36:50 pm
this kid has more power than bush ever dreamed . he's more like mcfadden with a little more agility. if you look at their numbers mcfaddens are better than bushes . tommy t. made the statement that he is better than any of the backs auburn has had including c. williams and r brown who were drafted #2 and #5overall. over aa 2 year period only hershal walker has more yards and he didn't have to share time with felix jones .

Bush and Mcfadden are really different. neither could do what the other does. So I have a hard time saying which is better. I will say it is easier to build a team around a Mcfadden type back than bush, and i am bias toward d-mac. I thought the way Mcguffie can stop and go without losing a step looked more like bush, than D-mac's power and speed.

tophawg19

i think it's a combo of both maybe the best of both. we want this kid bad .

IronHog

Rivals has two RB's in Texas ranked ahead of this kid?  I've seen several of kids out of Arkansas in the past who could make the runs their 1# ranked back made on his highlight video.  Most future D1 backs when they can get to the sideline will carry it the distance.

McGuffie is blowing by people like Shabazz when motivated.  Impressive.

Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

tophawg19

their isnt 10 college backs better than this kid now much less two hs backs in texas.

jpenrod1

Quote from: tophawg19 on June 17, 2007, 03:06:38 pm
their isnt 10 college backs better than this kid now much less two hs backs in texas.

I agree.

COCHISE

No kidding, that's why I asked what does this kid have to do to get a 5* ranking, he has the size, speed, athleticism, over 3,100 yards rushing and 40+ touchdowns and is the #1 AP back in the country.  I'm not a big fan of the star ranking system but can anyone think of a reason that this guy doesn't warrant a 5*.

bd93

I would do backflips if we got McGuffie!  I'm really high on this kid.

hogsfan4l1fe

Quote from: 870 RZR on June 17, 2007, 05:03:55 pm
No kidding, that's why I asked what does this kid have to do to get a 5* ranking, he has the size, speed, athleticism, over 3,100 yards rushing and 40+ touchdowns and is the #1 AP back in the country.  I'm not a big fan of the star ranking system but can anyone think of a reason that this guy doesn't warrant a 5*.

The reason he is a 4* and not a 5* is simple......Ignorance.  We shouldn't be shocked given Grit's ranking of Joe Adams as the 5th best prospect in the state. 

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: hogsfan4l1fe on June 17, 2007, 05:46:15 pm

The reason he is a 4* and not a 5* is simple......Ignorance.  We shouldn't be shocked given Grit's ranking of Joe Adams as the 5th best prospect in the state. 

It is extremely hard to rank the top 11 prospects in state this year.  I do think Otis made a mistake by only ranking Joe number 5 in the state.  He is at least in the top 3 and Matt Hall in my opinion is overrated.  I have only seen him on video and not in person, and he was not overly impressive. 

Realist

they are not listed solely on high school performance.  They are listed on potential.  Which is why they have the rating on rivals of 5.6 5.9 etc.  Matt Hall's rated so high because of his potential.  Big difference. 
If it was solely high school performance, McGuffie would be easy 5 star. 

LJHOG

Looks like a 3* to me   ;)    I guess poor lil ole Arky will take him.   :)   Seriously, he is fast no doubt.  But what I liked is the way he cut behind his blocks and how patient he runs.  Just waits a sec for the blocks to take shape, picks his hole and hits it really quick.  Can't teach that.  Watch the tape again.  Some say he looks like Reggie Bush and/or Noel Divine.  Looks more like McFadden to me, but then I don't know squat about football.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: LJHOG on June 17, 2007, 09:54:25 pm
Looks like a 3* to me   ;)    I guess poor lil ole Arky will take him.   :)   Seriously, he is fast no doubt.  But what I liked is the way he cut behind his blocks and how patient he runs.  Just waits a sec for the blocks to take shape, picks his hole and hits it really quick.  Can't teach that.  Watch the tape again.  Some say he looks like Reggie Bush and/or Noel Divine.  Looks more like McFadden to me, but then I don't know squat about football.

He is much closer to Reggie Bush, but not even McGuffie had some of the moves that Reggie Bush had or the ability to run routes like a reciever.  McGuffie cuts back like Bush and has that same blast that Bush and McFadden have.  McFadden will often times run looking for contact and is extremely tough between the tackles.  Some people in Texas are claiming McGuffie does not like contact, leading to his 4 star ranking, but who knows when he is rarely caught or put in a position to take a big hit. 

RedSatinHog

I'm guessing whomever he signs with uses him a lot as a punt/kickoff returner for his freshman year.  His speed, moves, and cuts are unreal.

It would be an incredible coup if we managed to get him out of Texas.  I gotta believe that there will be incredible pressure within that state to get him to stay in-state. 

Then, of course, there's OU to deal with as well.  Lets hope they get put on probation.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

dogsiceman

:razorback: :razorback:

Richard;

I have watched high school/college football for over 40 years, and this is honestly one of the finest running backs I have ever seen.  One of the keys of a great back, is the natural instinct to find the hole, and the ability to accelerate after seeing the break.  He is almost uncanny in his ability to maintain his balance and accelerate at the same time.  This can't be taught, it is a God given natural talent. 

Also, watch him when he receives the handoff, almost at full speed in less than 2 steps.  Sam McGuffie can obviously choose to play college ball wherever he wishes.  We have had some great backs in the University of Arkansas system over the years, hopefully coach Shibest will stay "real" with this young man and the small town atmosphere, and big time draw of the SEC will appeal to him.  We can only hope he chooses us, as I'm sure do many, many other colleges all across the U.S.

Your efforts are greatly appreciated, as are the efforts of our new QB recruit in trying to influence this young man to choose ARKANSAS.  Here's hoping we can land him!

Hawgballz

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on June 18, 2007, 02:57:09 am
I'm guessing whomever he signs with uses him a lot as a punt/kickoff returner for his freshman year.  His speed, moves, and cuts are unreal.

It would be an incredible coup if we managed to get him out of Texas.  I gotta believe that there will be incredible pressure within that state to get him to stay in-state. 

Then, of course, there's OU to deal with as well.  Lets hope they get put on probation.

OU & Texas are not in the picture for McGuffie.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

RedSatinHog

Quote from: HawgBall06 on June 18, 2007, 11:13:36 am
Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on June 18, 2007, 02:57:09 am

OU & Texas are not in the picture for McGuffie.

No, but from what I've read about him in the past, Texas A&M is in the picture.  He grew up cheering for the Aggies, and it's not far-fetched to think that if they offer him, he would accept.

As for OU, they may not be in the picture now, but let him have another barnbuster season and that could change rather quickly.

whocares

AK hogshoop he is the #1 ap runningback in the nation he doesnt need another barnbuster season he already has offer from a&m and if he wanted to go to OU he could.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: whocares on June 18, 2007, 02:00:56 pm
AK hogshoop he is the #1 ap runningback in the nation he doesnt need another barnbuster season he already has offer from a&m and if he wanted to go to OU he could.

Don't get me wrong.  I want the UA to sign this kid, but woudn't be a bit surprised if he turned up in an Aggies uniform.

As for why I even bring OU up, it's not like they've gotten big-time backs out of the state of Texas before, right?  (i.e., Billy Sims, Adrian Peterson).

Realist

they already have Jeremie Calhoun committed,  #1 player in Texas so don't think they need another RB

ksrazorback

June 18, 2007, 02:29:35 pm #42 Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 02:34:20 pm by ksrazorback
I love the way Sam just keeps on keeping on, even backing up to open field... wow!!
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1729751

Show your best Shibest, bring home Sam... It's real good to see Arkansas listed for such a talented
Running Back...
http://www.chicagosports.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=54392&sport=1

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 15, 2007, 06:42:22 pm
Jim Youngblood talked to Sam about 20 minutes ago. Jim told me Sam was really interested in Arkansas and hoped to make it up to Arkansas' Sr. camp.

:razorback:  Go Future Razorbacks   :razorback:    :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

Hawgballz

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on June 18, 2007, 02:20:49 pm
Quote from: whocares on June 18, 2007, 02:00:56 pm

Don't get me wrong.  I want the UA to sign this kid, but woudn't be a bit surprised if he turned up in an Aggies uniform.

As for why I even bring OU up, it's not like they've gotten big-time backs out of the state of Texas before, right?  (i.e., Billy Sims, Adrian Peterson).

I understand what you are saying, but a&m offered quiet some time ago and he has not shown a lean to them at all and ou has yet to offer and Stoops has stated that they were only going for 2 RBs this class and they already have a 5* & 4* out of Texas that committed very early.  I have been told that this young man does not really like going to camps so if he shows up for the seniors only camp at Arkansas in July it will tell us a lot about his interest in the Hogs.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Landonhog

Quote from: ksrazorback on June 18, 2007, 02:29:35 pm
I love the way Sam just keeps on keeping on, even backing up to open field... wow!!
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1729751

Show your best Shibest, bring home Sam... It's real good to see Arkansas listed for such a talented
Running Back...
http://www.chicagosports.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=54392&sport=1

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 15, 2007, 06:42:22 pm
Jim Youngblood talked to Sam about 20 minutes ago. Jim told me Sam was really interested in Arkansas and hoped to make it up to Arkansas' Sr. camp.

:razorback:  Go Future Razorbacks   :razorback:    :razorback:

The kid is amazing!  Come on SAM, be a RAZORBACK!

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: 1longshot on June 16, 2007, 09:42:49 pm
ok i'm from greenwood and i would like to see wilson become a hog maybe not under nutt but a hog; however, if youngblood can get that guy and some of the others he's been reportedly contacting he might give the governor a run for his money next election year
I grew up in Camden and would love to see Wilson get an offer from the Hogs.

staffhog

Great vision with speed to burn.  He never quits.  We would be fortunate to have Sam in a Razorback uniform

NathanArizona

RedSatinHog

Quote from: NathanArizona on June 18, 2007, 10:53:59 pm
White Kid?

Yeah, and the way he sees the field and makes his cuts almost reminds you of Barry Sanders, doesn't it?

tbhogfan

This is the type of RB you can attract when you have a history of producing guys like #5 and #25.

Sam has blazing speed, great balance, great field vision, great ability to continue to gain yards after the first hit.  This young man is going to be a star, hopefully at Arkansas.
Go Hogs!