Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jameel Owens, ranked No. 4 in the Midlands by Scout.com

Started by Tomhog™, June 15, 2007, 07:55:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

link

It's nice to see the name Arkansas listed so often on highly rated recruits.  We used to not even get a mention, so it's a start.  This is shaping up to be one of Nutt's best recruiting classes...

Landonhog

We are seeing the direct effects of a 10 win season...  I know we won't get all these guys, but we're at least in the hunt...  That's something we couldn't say in years past...

Jameel is a stud...!  I watched him play several times last year.  He would be a great pick up!

arklahoman36

Quote from: Landonhog on June 15, 2007, 08:24:49 am
We are seeing the direct effects of a 10 win season...  I know we won't get all these guys, but we're at least in the hunt...  That's something we couldn't say in years past...

Jameel is a stud...!  I watched him play several times last year.  He would be a great pick up!

I got to see him a few times last year too, he is no doubt a helluva WR.
Would have had more impressive receiving numbers last year if he hadn't started several games at QB when Rell Lewis went down.
I think when Lewis went down on the KO at Jenks, Owens played QB that game and maybe started at QB until the playoffs started (or maybe Lewis came back the final game of the season).

blueshog2001

Man it is nice to start seeing guys with 4 and 5 stars by their name interested in the Hogs.  I know rankings don't mean anything.  But seeing all of those stars makes me feel all warm inside.  Keep up the good work coaches.

hardcorehogfan

this could be the best recruiting class nutt signs.  with the large number of d1 talent in state 25 plus.  it gives us the ability to go after higher rated players out of state, and be more select instate.   however, we have got to get the top in state talent.  joe adams, curtis, askew (dt from camden). 

Landonhog

Quote from: arklahoman36 on June 15, 2007, 08:56:38 am

Would have had more impressive receiving numbers last year if he hadn't started several games at QB when Rell Lewis went down.
I think when Lewis went down on the KO at Jenks, Owens played QB that game and maybe started at QB until the playoffs started (or maybe Lewis came back the final game of the season).

That jenks game was unreal!  How often do you see a QB hurt on special teams.....at a 6A school!!!?

One of my buddies is an assistant coach at Muskogee...  He said Lewis is just a great athelete, and they got greedy; keeping him on the field that often...  I'm sure I'll be able to get some inside scoop on Jameel as the season progresses...   :razorback:

Tomhog™

Quote from: blueshog2001 on June 15, 2007, 09:45:02 am
Man it is nice to start seeing guys with 4 and 5 stars by their name interested in the Hogs.  I know rankings don't mean anything.  But seeing all of those stars makes me feel all warm inside.  Keep up the good work coaches.

We are used to seeing the in-state list Arkansas at least as a courtesy.  It's nice to see out-of-staters give the Hogs a look.  Maybe we'll land a few of them...

Tomhog™

Quote from: Landonhog on June 15, 2007, 09:58:16 am

That jenks game was unreal!  How often do you see a QB hurt on special teams.....at a 6A school!!!?

One of my buddies is an assistant coach at Muskogee...  He said Lewis is just a great athelete, and they got greedy; keeping him on the field that often...  I'm sure I'll be able to get some inside scoop on Jameel as the season progresses...   :razorback:

I'll be anxious to hear the updates as long as he is still interested in the Hogs.

arklahoman36

Quote from: Landonhog on June 15, 2007, 09:58:16 am

One of my buddies is an assistant coach at Muskogee...  He said Lewis is just a great athelete, and they got greedy; keeping him on the field that often...  I'm sure I'll be able to get some inside scoop on Jameel as the season progresses...   :razorback:

Yea, I don't understand why Hennesey had him on the field for special teams. I don't think Muskogee's depth was that bad, that they couldn't get a good body in there on a kick off, outside of the starting QB.

Why do you chance an injury to your QB, when the backup is an all-state receiver. They lost a starting QB and WR in that deal.

Lewis is a heckuva athlete, had he not gotten hurt his sr year, I think he would have gotten more notice, although not for QB at 5'10. I don't know where Kansas intends to play him, maybe RB or DB?