Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jelani Smith's Rivals ranking...

Started by hawgaramus, June 13, 2007, 04:58:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgaramus

Jelani Smith, inside linebacker, is rated by Rivals as 32nd at this position and was given a 5.5 rating, which makes him an all region selection, a top 500 player, pro potential, and should make an impact on the college level.  They haven't given him any stars yet.

Isn't this the same kid that people were claiming couldn't be any good because we had to "steal" him away from Louisiana Tech? 

VenturaHog

the response on here was overwhelmingly positive as i recall

bd93

Quote from: hawgaramus on June 13, 2007, 04:58:51 pm
Jelani Smith, inside linebacker, is rated by Rivals as 32nd at this position and was given a 5.5 rating, which makes him an all region selection, a top 500 player, pro potential, and should make an impact on the college level.  They haven't given him any stars yet.

Isn't this the same kid that people were claiming couldn't be any good because we had to "steal" him away from Louisiana Tech? 

He's a three star recruit.  May move up.

351hog

Quote from: bd93 on June 13, 2007, 06:03:32 pm
Quote from: hawgaramus on June 13, 2007, 04:58:51 pm

He's a three star recruit.  May move up.

Yep...will start out at 3 stars and could move up when they release the end of the year rankings.

Hogstocking

The kids got one of the most impressive LB videos I've ever seen and is the highest rated LB in LA (which is saying something cause Mauti has offers from some BIG dogs).  For all I care Smiths only offer could of been from the Alaska school of dog sledding ..  I'm more than happy to have him and consider us fortunate we found him first.

jrodell

i like jelani smith...but your facts aren't great supporting evidence that he is going to be a good player. a 5.5 rating is the LOWEST rating you can have as a 3 star prospect

501Ben

Quote from: jrodell on June 13, 2007, 06:47:24 pm
i like jelani smith...but your facts aren't great supporting evidence that he is going to be a good player. a 5.5 rating is the LOWEST rating you can have as a 3 star prospect

They could have limited film on him which is why he got such a low rating.

LJHOG

If he becomes a 4* does that mean he'll be bigger, faster and better?  No, it will just make our recuriting class ranking better.  I never get hung up on the stars, just like to watch the tape.  The young man looks like he could become a player.  Rank him two stars for all I care.

TMc

You're exactly right LJ.. my take exactly.., you could tell if you looked at his film, that this kid is going to be a player.  Hope we can hang on to him.