Tony Gillespie   #31 ***
Lavunce Askew #38 ***

Inside Linebacker
Jelani Smith #32 ***

Conerback
Ugo Okpara #51 ***

Safety
D'Anton Lynn #27 ***

The rankings are subject to change, but this is what rivals has out as of today.

This is the first set of rankings out, so keep in mind they will be reshuffled a lot once more film gets sent in by recruits. I expect Cruz to skyrocket through the rankings once he gets his film sent in.

Just a little side note, but Tyler Wilson is rated #21 Pro-Style QB and is three stars.

jhudson84

good to see Jelani that high!

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: 501Ben on June 13, 2007, 09:35:49 am
Dual Threat QB
Jim Youngblood #5
Kale Pick  #10

All-Purpose Back Ratings
Sam McGuffie       #1
DeAnthony Curtis  #2
LaMichael James   #8    
Carlton Thomas    #11   
Dennis Johnson    #19   

Running Back
Devin Thomas #25
Richard Watson #44

Wide Receiver
Joe Adams #19
Jarious Wright #25
Greg Childs #80
Cruz Williams #84

Offensive Tackle
Zebrie Sanders #23
Matt Hall #26

Defensive End
Josh Williams #12

Defensive Tackle
Tony Gillespie   #31
Lavunce Askew #38

Inside Linebacker
Jelani Smith #31

Conerback
Ugo Okpara #51

Safety
D'Anton Lynn #27

This is the first set of rankings out, so keep in mind they will be reshuffled a lot once more film gets sent in by recruits. I expect Cruz to skyrocket through the rankings once he gets his film sent in.

Rivals is absolutely disrespecting Carlton Thomas and Dennis Johnson.  Carlton Thomas is better than DeAnthony Curtis.  It must be Carlton Thomas's size that is holding him back and there is no one that Lamichael James is better than carlton Thomas. 

jhudson84

PLEASE SHOW ME PLEASE SHOW ME..............18 running backs in the country better than DJ and I will stop watching sports all together.  Much 18 all-purpose backs.

Hawgballz

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 13, 2007, 10:26:53 am
PLEASE SHOW ME PLEASE SHOW ME..............18 running backs in the country better than DJ and I will stop watching sports all together.  Much 18 all-purpose backs.

It has to some how be linked to academics, because physically & talent wise he is not 18 spots behind Curtis. 
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

501Ben

June 13, 2007, 11:43:03 am #5 Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 11:48:14 am by 501Ben
It's because Rivals probably doesn't have much, if any, film on DJ and others like Cruz. That is why they are ranked way below what they should be. Like last year J. Franklin was a 2 star prospect then he sent in film, and he rose through the rankings to end the year at #11 APB. I think if they send in film then they will go up in the rankings, but C. Thomas has sent in film, and I think he is way to low and that, yes, his size is holding him back.

asuindianman

Quote from: 501Ben on June 13, 2007, 11:43:03 am
It's because Rivals probably doesn't have much, if any, film on DJ and others like Cruz. That is why they are ranked way below what they should be. Like last year J. Franklin was a 2 star prospect then he sent in film, and he rose through the rankings to end the year at #11 APB. I think if they send in film then they will go up in the rankings, but C. Thomas has sent in film, and I think he is way to low and that, yes, his size is holding him back.

Cruz Williams is a very good WR.  Should he be higher on the national rankings?  Probably.  The kid is the fourth best WR in Arkansas, though.  Adams, Wright, and Childs are better.  Not knocking Williams...but there are several uber-talented WRs in Arkansas this year.

jhudson84

I wouldnt say Childs is better than Cruz the other two are but Greg and Cruz are very similar.

whocares

I would say Cruz is better than Childs thats just me. VERY VERY close but imo Cruz is the better WR.

Hollywood_HOGan45

do we have any shot at all with McGuffie?

Good to see Curtis ranked as the #2 back.

jhudson84

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on June 13, 2007, 01:19:08 pm

We are thought to be co leaders with UMichigan maybe slightly behind.

Hogtide

He's suppossedly a Michigan silent, but he sure has been mentioning us a lot in some of his more recent articles.  I think if we put together another year like last year we have a great shot at landing him.  Could you imagine the top 2 APB in the country signing with Arkansas.  Yikes.

Hogtide

Dual Threat QB
Jim Youngblood #5  ***
Kale Pick  #10  ***

All-Purpose Back Ratings
Sam McGuffie       #1  ****
DeAnthony Curtis  #2  ****
LaMichael James   #8  *** 
Carlton Thomas    #11 ***  
Dennis Johnson    #19 *** 

Running Back
Devin Thomas  #25  ***
Richard Watson #44 ***

Wide Receiver
Joe Adams #19  ****
Jarious Wright #25  ****
Greg Childs #80  ***
Cruz Williams #84 ***

Offensive Tackle
Zebrie Sanders #23 ****
Matt Hall #26  ****

Defensive End
Josh Williams #13  ***

Defensive Tackle
Tony Gillespie   #31 ***
Lavunce Askew #38 ***

Inside Linebacker
Jelani Smith #32 ***

Conerback
Ugo Okpara #51 ***

Safety
D'Anton Lynn #27 ***

The rankings are subject to change, but this is what rivals has out as of today.

Just a little side note, but Tyler Wilson is rated #21 Pro-Style QB and is three stars.
Dual Threat QB
Jim Youngblood #5  ***
Kale Pick  #10  ***

All-Purpose Back Ratings
Sam McGuffie       #1  ****
DeAnthony Curtis  #2  ****
LaMichael James   #8  *** 
Carlton Thomas    #11 ***  
Dennis Johnson    #19 *** 

Running Back
Devin Thomas  #25  ***
Richard Watson #44 ***

Wide Receiver
Joe Adams #19  ****
Jarious Wright #25  ****
Greg Childs #80  ***
Cruz Williams #84 ***

Offensive Tackle
Zebrie Sanders #23 ****
Matt Hall #26  ****

Defensive End
Josh Williams #13  ***

Defensive Tackle
Tony Gillespie   #31 ***
Lavunce Askew #38 ***

Inside Linebacker
Jelani Smith #32 ***

Conerback
Ugo Okpara #51 ***

Safety
D'Anton Lynn #27 ***

I suspect Matt Hall will really move up high when he gets new film in.  Bobby Burton (founder of rivals) puts a lot of emphasis on upside and at 6'10 320 Matt Hall has a tremendous amount of upside.  Once they get film of him I'll bet he moves into the top 10 tackles.

Hogstocking

June 13, 2007, 03:05:52 pm #13 Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 03:07:26 pm by Hogstocking
Quote from: Hogtide on June 13, 2007, 02:54:17 pm

He's suppossedly a Michigan silent, but he sure has been mentioning us a lot in some of his more recent articles.  I think if we put together another year like last year we have a great shot at landing him.  Could you imagine the top 2 APB in the country signing with Arkansas.  Yikes.

I think people assumed that because of McGuffie's parents connection to Michigan.  I never believed the silent commit stuff.  He very well could be a silent commit to them but I doubt it.   You're right, It would be an insanely good class at RB with just him and Curtis alone....yikes.  IMO Arkansas and Michigan are the teams to beat for McGuffie.

killamon

Quote from: Hogstocking on June 13, 2007, 03:05:52 pm
Quote from: Hogtide on June 13, 2007, 02:54:17 pm

I think people assumed that because of McGuffie's parents connection to Michigan.  I never believed the silent commit stuff.  He very well could be a silent commit to them but I doubt it.   You're right, It would be an insanely good class at RB with just him and Curtis alone....yikes.  IMO Arkansas and Michigan are the teams to beat for McGuffie.

i think you're right

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: whocares on June 13, 2007, 01:07:26 pm
I would say Cruz is better than Childs thats just me. VERY VERY close but imo Cruz is the better WR.

greg is more physical and stronger, and overall a better athlete

Realist

He has mentioned us first in last couple articles,
This recruiting class could turn out to be top 15.  Ironic after everyone says we are about to fall apart put together one of our best classes

501Ben

Quote from: Realist on June 13, 2007, 05:33:11 pm
He has mentioned us first in last couple articles,
This recruiting class could turn out to be top 15.  Ironic after everyone says we are about to fall apart put together one of our best classes

Yea this one is poised to be Houston's best class. I always said we would reap the benefits of last years record on the following years (this one) recruiting class, and the not the current one at the time.