Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas corner really likes the Hogs

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 13, 2007, 12:42:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

June 13, 2007, 12:42:05 am Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 12:21:34 pm by Richard Davenport
Kip Edwards is a 6'1 175 pound corner with 4.45 speed from Arlington, TX. Bowie HS. I talked to Kip Tuesday afternoon. Here's what he had to say.

TRG: Tell me your offers.

Kip: Arkansas, Colorado, Arizona, Arizona St., Central Florida, Missouri, Kansas, Wisconsin, Houston and Rice.

TRG: Who's recruiting you for Arkansas?

Kip: Coach Shibest. We talk twice a week and text everyday. He's a great dude. Funny guy, real funny guy.

TRG: What do you like about Arkansas?

Kip: I feel they have one of the best education programs going. I want to wear that Razorback uniform and cover the best wide receivers in the country. The SEC is the best conference and I'm a competitor.

TRG: I've heard you're close to committing to Arkansas?

Kip: I'm real close to committing.

TRG: When do you plan to visit Arkansas?

Kip: In a few weeks for the Sr. camp.

TRG: What other camps do you plan to attend?

Kip: I'll be at Rice camp on Friday and Missouri next Thursday.

TRG: Do you have a top 5?

Kip: Arkansas, Missouri, Houston, Rice and Kansas.

TRG: What about a decision?

Kip: I'm planning sometime in July. Coach Perry and I will sit down and discuss things and make a decision. 

I like Arkansas' chances with Kip. If he likes what he sees at Sr. camp then I believe he'll be a Razorback. We shall see.

Kip will be on Press Row Thursday morning at 8:06

Video:

http://archives.hogville.net/trg/KIp_Edwards-512.wmv

krg2i

HOGINTENNESSEE

351hog

I like his size and speed for a corner....we need him bad!

HamShank

Great news!  Come be a Hog, Kip!  (And take off anything that says "Vols.")

Hogstocking

Good stuff. 

Maybe its just me, but he looks alot like champ bailey IMO.  Hope he can play like him :)

jhudson84

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Tejano Jawg

I'm glad he thinks Coach Shibest is funny...hopefully Kip wasn't looking at film of our kickoff team as he was busting a gut.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

501Ben

So is he hoping to earn an offer from Arkansas, or am I missing something and he already has one?

jhudson84

Thats what I was wondering hes close to committing with no offer?

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 13, 2007, 12:03:43 pm
Thats what I was wondering hes close to committing with no offer?

Kip has an offer.

jhudson84

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 13, 2007, 12:42:05 am

Kip: Colorado, Arizona, Arizona St., Central Florida, Missouri, Kansas, Wisconsin, Houston and Rice.

I didnt see Arkansas listed here so thats where the confusion was.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 13, 2007, 12:19:29 pm
Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 13, 2007, 12:42:05 am

Kip: Colorado, Arizona, Arizona St., Central Florida, Missouri, Kansas, Wisconsin, Houston and Rice.

I didnt see Arkansas listed here so thats where the confusion was.

Wow. That's great. I forgot to put Arkansas in there.

Sorry about that.

501Ben

He has some impressive offers with Missouri, Arkansas, and Wisconsin. I hope he becomes a razorback. WPS!

The Recruiting Guy

Kip said Arkansas offered sometime in May.

Swino

And he is a CB too, boy do we need him.

kimjongsqUeAl

Come to AR Kip!!  We'd love to have you and we could use some of that speed you have too.
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

bd93

I hope he commits soon.  We need him.

Rooka

We need some corners badly, glad to hear this guy wants to be a Hog.

dman

Come to Arkansas and become a Hog, we need you.

curiousdemo

This Kid is a straight up Playmaker. Quiet as it kept, he's a HOG! I coached him in youth football "The Apaches". He  plays for Bowie High School in Arlington, Texas. I will be bringing him and another Bowie Kid name Eric Mebane to Razorback camp on July 20. He a stud at Defensive End. Great kids with the ability to play right away.

501Ben

Quote from: curiousdemo on June 13, 2007, 04:20:12 pm

This Kid is a straight up Playmaker. Quiet as it kept, he's a HOG! I coached him in youth football "The Apaches". He  plays for Bowie High School in Arlington, Texas. I will be bringing him and another Bowie Kid name Eric Mebane to Razorback camp on July 20. He a stud at Defensive End. Great kids with the ability to play right away.

great news!

curiousdemo

Another tidbit on Kip and others...He started at QB for The Apaches at 9 years old, playing with 11 and 12 years old. We won the Super Bowl in our league. Currently, He starts at guard at Bowie High School Basketball team. He ran Track also. Played receiver and QB his sophomore year. He's definitely an athlete. Not intimidated by any receiver. This young man is a competitor. He also ran kicks back for Bowie last year. Razorbacks are going to love this guy. Eric Mebane has 4 offers and a stud at defensive end for Bowie. At 6'4 weighing 210, he was unblockable last year for our team, in which we made the playoff for the first time in school history. As a matter of fact, the starting QB wants be a Hog (Christian Matthew) 6"3 187. He was "Sophomore of the Year" in 85A last year. He has two years left. Mark my word, he will be a 5 star QB, with Vince Young ability.

killamon

his video looks very good......he has great size, breaks on the ball well, and looks like he has legit 4.45 speed...i hope he's a hog

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

bd93

This Kid is a straight up Playmaker. Quiet as it kept, he's a HOG! I coached him in youth football "The Apaches". He plays for Bowie High School in Arlington, Texas. I will be bringing him and another Bowie Kid name Eric Mebane to Razorback camp on July 20. He a stud at Defensive End. Great kids with the ability to play right away.

What do you mean?  That he is a commitment?

southern hawg

Quote from: bd93 on June 13, 2007, 06:23:02 pm

This Kid is a straight up Playmaker. Quiet as it kept, he's a HOG! I coached him in youth football "The Apaches". He plays for Bowie High School in Arlington, Texas. I will be bringing him and another Bowie Kid name Eric Mebane to Razorback camp on July 20. He a stud at Defensive End. Great kids with the ability to play right away.

That's what it sounds like doesn't it, please elaborate if you can, Curiousdemo  Thanks.

351hog

Great news!  He would get a chance to start as a true freshman next year b/c of our lack of depth at corner.  And it will be great to get the chance to watch him pick Kodi Burns off in the upcoming years.  :)

Bomis Hawg

For my name sake...

He needs to climb aboard.

IcEwalker

curiousdemo

Sorry guys, Had to run. Bowie just finished a 7 on 7 tournament. I was with Kip, his mother and his father (Big Kip) tonight. Take my word, he's a hog. He just want to come to camp and view the stadium and campus before he make it official. I'm a native Arkansan and bleed razorbacks football. I been close to the program a long time. I'm very close to one of the coaches on Nutt Staff. As a matter of fact, My nephew played for the Hogs. I been coaching youth football and mentoring kids 17 years. Hopefully, I can help get some more of our kids to Hogland.

Quote from: southern hawg on June 13, 2007, 07:09:35 pm

That's what it sounds like doesn't it, please elaborate if you can, Curiousdemo  Thanks.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: curiousdemo on June 13, 2007, 04:43:41 pm
Another tidbit on Kip and others...He started at QB for The Apaches at 9 years old, playing with 11 and 12 years old. We won the Super Bowl in our league. Currently, He starts at guard at Bowie High School Basketball team. He ran Track also. Played receiver and QB his sophomore year. He's definitely an athlete. Not intimidated by any receiver. This young man is a competitor. He also ran kicks back for Bowie last year. Razorbacks are going to love this guy. Eric Mebane has 4 offers and a stud at defensive end for Bowie. At 6'4 weighing 210, he was unblockable last year for our team, in which we made the playoff for the first time in school history. As a matter of fact, the starting QB wants be a Hog (Christian Matthew) 6"3 187. He was "Sophomore of the Year" in 85A last year. He has two years left. Mark my word, he will be a 5 star QB, with Vince Young ability.

Sounds like I need to pack a picnic and go watch some high school football in Arlington next year.

(Also, I think he looks more like a teenage Dominique Wilkins.)
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

curiousdemo

Please do.....We have the potential to do some great things. Possibly 7 D1 on this team.

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on June 14, 2007, 12:25:47 am

Sounds like I need to pack a picnic and go watch some high school football in Arlington next year.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on June 13, 2007, 11:58:49 am
I'm glad he thinks Coach Shibest is funny...hopefully Kip wasn't looking at film of our kickoff team as he was busting a gut.

I think THIS is funny.

As for Kip, he sounds great. I love that he's 6-1. Seems most of our corners are the 5-11 types. We're seeing more and more WRs with size these days.

Tomhog™

Quote from: curiousdemo on June 13, 2007, 10:52:06 pm
Sorry guys, Had to run. Bowie just finished a 7 on 7 tournament. I was with Kip, his mother and his father (Big Kip) tonight. Take my word, he's a hog. He just want to come to camp and view the stadium and campus before he make it official. I'm a native Arkansan and bleed razorbacks football. I been close to the program a long time. I'm very close to one of the coaches on Nutt Staff. As a matter of fact, My nephew played for the Hogs. I been coaching youth football and mentoring kids 17 years. Hopefully, I can help get some more of our kids to Hogland.

Quote from: southern hawg on June 13, 2007, 07:09:35 pm

Keep us informed.  It's insiders like you that give us 'internets' a unique perspective into recruiting and into the recruit's minds.  A pipe line to this school would be a great in-road into Texas again.  We seem to be slipping in the state and this could definitely help to boost that effort.

UhOhioHog

Give Kip a year with Decker in the weight room and he could develop into the next 1st round draft pick at corner from Arkansas.

TMc

Good job Rd.. , you hold your own when it comes to recruiting..., and I follow very closely. Thanks for your dedication and hard work.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: curiousdemo on June 14, 2007, 07:46:29 am
Please do.....We have the potential to do some great things. Possibly 7 D1 on this team.

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on June 14, 2007, 12:25:47 am

Good stuff man, keep it coming!