Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finally a big time corner

Started by Hogtide, June 12, 2007, 05:38:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtide

Ugo Okpara: 6'1, 175lbs, 4.48 forty has us as his leader over the likes of Miami, Nebraska, Oklahoma St., Virginia, Michigan St., ect..   Corners are an absolute must for this class and this kid would be a great get.  In an interview with a Nebraska guy,  he said he's visiting Arkansas in a couple of weeks and hopes that he's impressed.  Says he likes the defense we play and that Vaughn has been all over him.  Sounds like Vaughn is doing a hell of a job recruiting for us.  Glad he's back on the road.

Hugehogsfan

Good to see us on some big time cover corners.  Need a couple that stand out just in case we lose any coaches in the next few years. 

BustinANutt

kinda slow for how small he is but whatever. Is this guy a four star or what?

AlcoHOGic

4.48 is slow? Wow, you must be a burner yourself.

BennyBlancofromtheRock

Quote from: BustinANutt on June 12, 2007, 05:46:44 pm

Small? 6-1 is quite big for a corner.

tophawg19

not against todays recievers . monk , etc.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

BennyBlancofromtheRock

I believe the biggest corner in the nfl is named Walls he's 6'5 and terrible. The taller a corner is the harder it is for them to turn thier hip in coverage. The conerback iks the most disadvantaged player on the field on either side of the ball. Wr's keep getting bigger and corners just really can't keep up.

BennyBlancofromtheRock

actually now that i think about it i think walls is 6-4

BustinANutt

Arkansas prides itself on being one of the faster teams in the nation esp. on D. I think our corners should be 4.4 and below. For instance, this Madison kid from Texas we have coming in.

killamon

Quote from: BustinANutt on June 12, 2007, 06:05:58 pm
Arkansas prides itself on being one of the faster teams in the nation esp. on D. I think our corners should be 4.4 and below. For instance, this Madison kid from Texas we have coming in.

WTH, you're complaining b/c of a few tenths of a second?!? The kid just finished his jr. year in HS!!!

Razorod

Quote from: Hogtide on June 12, 2007, 05:38:32 pm
Ugo Okpara: 6'1, 175lbs, 4.48 forty has us as his leader over the likes of Miami, Nebraska, Oklahoma St., Virginia, Michigan St., ect..   Corners are an absolute must for this class and this kid would be a great get.  In an interview with a Nebraska guy,  he said he's visiting Arkansas in a couple of weeks and hopes that he's impressed.  Says he likes the defense we play and that Vaughn has been all over him.  Sounds like Vaughn is doing a hell of a job recruiting for us.  Glad he's back on the road.

You are right about corners being a high priority. May be the highest priority position in this class!
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

501Ben

Anything below 4.5 IS fast.

Hawgballz

He is a 4* in scout and not yet rated in rivals, but in response to you opening comment 6-1 is not small for a corner and 4.48 is not slow.  This kid has stud numbers and should be a high priority for us (and it appears he is).
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Hogtide

Huh?  I'm sorry 4.48 is not slow and 6'1 is a very good size for a corner.  175 lbs isn't bad for a junior in highschool either  He probably still has some growing to do and with a 6'1 frame he'll probably be at 190 before he gets here.  He'd be the best corner commit we've had since Batman.

Wu Tang Clan

He is actually big for a corner.  You might want to check the top corners in Rivals rankings and you will see that they are not big guys.  Corner is the hardest position to play on the football field and corners must be able to turn their hips extremely quick which is not as easy for big guys.  Most high school guys times are not correct anyway.  If he runs a 4.48 that is not bad for his size at all.  He would be a big time get. 

Pork Twain

Slow??? Small???  Go look at current and past CB, go look at the guys in the NFL and then come back and tell how you feel about his size and speed.

Here, I will give you a link for one of the best in the NFL.
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/133217
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hogfandeet

I've often wondered if Herring's commitment to press coverage would attract some talented defensive backs that are hoping to show off their man-to-man skills.

Landonhog

Man, we have some great sports minds....  :puke:   Get back to your playstation...   

Come be a HOG Ugo!   :razorback: