Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A look at our committed QB ranking

Started by jb11, June 12, 2007, 04:28:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jb11

http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?

A good look at how our QB commits stack up.  Youngblood #5 and Pick #10.  This should indicate probably a 4* for JY and 3* for KP.

501Ben

bigguy551122

they have already come out with all the four stars and youngblood isnt one
perfection is all i expect.

501Ben

I don't think they have come out with Dual Threat QB position rankings either.

Hogstocking

Hogstocking

June 12, 2007, 04:55:05 pm #5 Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 04:57:43 pm by Hogstocking
WR's are also in the process of being ranked.

Joe Adams #19  Jay Wright#25  Greg Childs#80 Cruz Williams#84

http://arkansas.rivals.com/quicklist.asp?School=6&Sport=1&Other=3&Position=9&Position=10&Year=2008&qs=1

501Ben

Wow, Cruz is 84. That will change quick once they get film of him.

501Ben

They awarded to many WRs four stars. Once they get it all balance back I bet Youngblood gets four stars. Last year Kodi Burns was the #8 dual threat QB and he was a four star recruit, so I am sure once they get it all reconfigured in next rankings Youngblood will receive four stars if not Pick. Last year the 1-12 dual threat QBs were four stars or higher.

BustinANutt

Sounds like we are finally recruiting with a plan. Our system needs dual threat quaterbacks and dual threat quarterbacks will want to play for us. Looks as though Lee knows exactly what he wants and is planning on staying around for a while.

501Ben

DeAnthony Curtis is rated the #2 All-Purpose Back behind Sam McGuffie.

southern hawg

This recruiting class is shaping up to be one of our better ones in years.

Boner

Not to stir anything up, as his offers speak for themselves, but Tyler Wilson is not among the top 30 pro style QB's.

I have confindence that he will be a successful SEC QB, however this is important to point out as many have acted like the coaching staff is a bunch of idiots for taking Youngblod and Pick.

501Ben

All-Purpose Back Ratings
Sam McGuffie       #1
DeAnthony Curtis  #2
LaMichael James   #8     
Carlton Thomas    #11    
Dennis Johnson    #19    

Hawgballz

Quote from: 501Ben on June 12, 2007, 08:35:01 pm
All-Purpose Back Ratings
Sam McGuffie       #1
DeAnthony Curtis  #2
LaMichael James   #8     
Carlton Thomas    #11    
Dennis Johnson    #19    

...and I am betting that Dennis Johnson would be higher if his academics were not a little in question.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

KillerK4

Man its nice to see us in on quite a few top recruits for once.... This very well could be the class that gets us to the elite level even though we're losing McFadden... And just imagine if McFadden and Jones both returned for their senior seasons, BEASTALITY!!!!!!     ( thats the word that popped in my head when I thought of things that could happen)

southern hawg

Quote from: diehardfan on June 12, 2007, 04:28:05 pm
http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?

A good look at how our QB commits stack up.  Youngblood #5 and Pick #10.  This should indicate probably a 4* for JY and 3* for KP.

I believe they will both be 3*.

IcEwalker

does it really matter what stars they are? especially now that they are already committed to us, i bet they will be 3 stars as well, you know how they do us on rankings.

Hogtide

Youngblood will be a 4 star by the end of the year.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Boner on June 12, 2007, 07:45:12 pm
Not to stir anything up, as his offers speak for themselves, but Tyler Wilson is not among the top 30 pro style QB's.

I have confindence that he will be a successful SEC QB, however this is important to point out as many have acted like the coaching staff is a bunch of idiots for taking Youngblod and Pick.

I think that Arkansas went in the right direction in picking the two quaterbacks to best fit their system, but let's not act like Tyler Wilson is not good because of Rivals rankings.  I don't know why he is rated so low, but it is not like Rivals and Scout have not made numerous mistakes.   

Landonhog

Boner

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on June 12, 2007, 10:58:07 pm

I think that Arkansas went in the right direction in picking the two quaterbacks to best fit their system, but let's not act like Tyler Wilson is not good because of Rivals rankings.  I don't know why he is rated so low, but it is not like Rivals and Scout have not made numerous mistakes.   

Which is why I said his offers speak for themselves and that I think he will be successfull.  Just pointing out that us going in the direction we chose wasn't completely crazy.

PigWig

Quote from: Boner on June 13, 2007, 08:41:35 am
Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on June 12, 2007, 10:58:07 pm

Which is why I said his offers speak for themselves and that I think he will be successfull.  Just pointing out that us going in the direction we chose wasn't completely crazy.
Agreed. Dual threat QB's fit the system much better here and I for one am happy that is where they are recruiting guys. Can you imagine if we had Youngblood or Pick this year, with our current backfield?