Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has Coach Pel offered Rotnei Clarke?

Started by AlcoHOGic, June 12, 2007, 11:04:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AlcoHOGic

He doesn't mention the Hogs in a new article about his upcoming official to Kentucky.

501Ben

jhudson84

501Ben

He is still interested. He is going to trim his list towards the end of the summer, then he is going to really look what the schools have to offer him. He is just playing AAU ball now enjoying himself.

jhudson84

Alongside what was stated earlier an article he listed several teams but Arkansas was not listed.  I hope hes just previewing.

The Recruiting Guy

whocares

He is still interested but we are not in his top 3 from everything I have heard. We still have a shot and we need his grandmother to keep on working him. Lets go Grandma Clarke

cosmodrum

C'mon Granny Clarke!!! Bake Rotnei some cookies, then tell him there's more where that came from...

if you become an Arkansas Razorback!

(Bribery isn't an NCAA violation if it's by his granny, right?)

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Go away, batin'

HawgG

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 12, 2007, 11:21:35 am
Quote from: AlcoHOGic on June 12, 2007, 11:04:40 am
He doesn't mention the Hogs in a new article about his upcoming official to Kentucky.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=133839.0

April 25th was a long time ago in the world of recruiting.

Also it looks like the Arkansas coaches have moved on to other PG prospects knowing that the door is closed or about to on Clarke.It is already closed on Warren by all indications.

At least that is what it appears to me but I could be wrong.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: HawgG on June 12, 2007, 02:45:35 pm
Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 12, 2007, 11:21:35 am
Quote from: AlcoHOGic on June 12, 2007, 11:04:40 am

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=133839.0

April 25th was a long time ago in the world of recruiting.

Also it looks like the Arkansas coaches have moved on to other PG prospects knowing that the door is closed or about to on Clarke.It is already closed on Warren by all indications.

At least that is what it appears to me but I could be wrong.

I realize that.

I was just saying Rotnei has been offered. I plan to do an update in a week or so.

I did hear something pretty interesting today. I don't know if it will pan out but could really make Arkansas' recruiting of Rotnei even more interesting.

Realist

in a good or bad way Richard? 

Hopefully a g/f or something is coming

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Realist on June 13, 2007, 07:56:01 pm

It would be good. Just checking it out before I post anything else. The source is a good one but just want to make sure. If it goes down you'll instantly know what I'm talking about.

351hog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 13, 2007, 07:59:28 pm

It would be good. Just checking it out before I post anything else. The source is a good one but just want to make sure. If it goes down you'll instantly know what I'm talking about.

Come on...dont be THAT guy.  Give a dude a hint.

The_Bionic_Pig

If I had to guess I would say Rotnei has a sister who is a prospect.... (JMO)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on June 13, 2007, 08:31:58 pm

She is being recruited by the UA but that's not it.

The_Bionic_Pig

June 13, 2007, 09:01:11 pm #15 Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 09:02:55 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: 351hog on June 13, 2007, 08:20:22 pm

That's easy to say when your not the one who has to first verify a sources information.    Richard will not post statement for general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to facts unless its coming from the "subject" him/her self.  Everyone knows the second something is posted most are expecting a interview, soon their after from said recruit to state his intentions.   

Mr. Davenport has broken quite a few stories via phone interview's in the past and will continue this trend.  You will probably hear more soon enough good/bad but only as evidenced by the recruit to substantiate hearsay, rumor etc....

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Hawgballz

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 13, 2007, 08:33:19 pm

Dang, the sister was my guess also.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

RazorAg

Don't expect my guess to go very far here since this is my second post, but how about Rotnei's Dad being a candidate for Director of Basketball Ops.  I know he just joined the Oral Roberts staff, but the thought popped in my head the other day - what if?

bd93

Quote from: RazorAg on June 13, 2007, 09:59:57 pm
Don't expect my guess to go very far here since this is my second post, but how about Rotnei's Dad being a candidate for Director of Basketball Ops.  I know he just joined the Oral Roberts staff, but the thought popped in my head the other day - what if?

Man that is a great thought.  It would have taken me a million years to think of that.

The_Bionic_Pig

"GET OUT OF MY MIND" Razorag.....   that is exactly what I was pondering....
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

351hog

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on June 13, 2007, 09:01:11 pm
Quote from: 351hog on June 13, 2007, 08:20:22 pm

That's easy to say when your not the one who has to first verify a sources information.    Richard will not post statement for general circulation without confirmation or certainty as to facts unless its coming from the "subject" him/her self.  Everyone knows the second something is posted most are expecting a interview, soon their after from said recruit to state his intentions.   

Mr. Davenport has broken quite a few stories via phone interview's in the past and will continue this trend.  You will probably hear more soon enough good/bad but only as evidenced by the recruit to substantiate hearsay, rumor etc....

It was a joke stewie...no need for the heavy bold text.   

Hawgballz

Not bad for a second post.  +1
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

The Recruiting Guy

June 14, 2007, 10:42:14 pm #22 Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 11:31:59 pm by Richard Davenport

That's the rumor I've heard. Him being a candidate.

Does that mean he'll be the new DBO? We shall see.

mbgrulz

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 14, 2007, 10:42:14 pm

That's what I've heard. Him being a candidate.

Does that mean he'll be the new DBO? We shall see.
wow. i hadn't even thought of that. how could a DBO get any more appealing than that?

ksrazorback

Just a thought; even if the rumor comes to life, don't think that would help recurting as for as publicly... here is what Conley Clarke (Dad) had to say about ORU and recruiting to Tulsa World;

"If I try to recruit my son and he goes to ORU (Arkansas) and doesn't have four good years, it will be my fault. If I try to get him to go anywhere and it doesn't work out, it will be my fault," Conley Clarke said.

"Where he goes is going to be his decision and he's going to make it himself. I will never mention going to ORU (Arkansas) to him and (ORU's (Arkansas) coaches) know that."

Just insert Arkansas into his statement where ORU is at....

:razorback:   Go Razorbacks    :razorback:      :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: ksrazorback on June 15, 2007, 07:46:04 am
Just a thought; even if the rumor comes to life, don't think that would help recurting as for as publicly... here is what Conley Clarke (Dad) had to say about ORU and recruiting to Tulsa World;

"If I try to recruit my son and he goes to ORU (Arkansas) and doesn't have four good years, it will be my fault. If I try to get him to go anywhere and it doesn't work out, it will be my fault," Conley Clarke said.

"Where he goes is going to be his decision and he's going to make it himself. I will never mention going to ORU (Arkansas) to him and (ORU's (Arkansas) coaches) know that."

:razorback:   Go Razorbacks    :razorback:      :razorback:

I think the overall pull of having your Grandmother & Dad already in Fayetteville, Arkansas  would be too much of a draw. 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hawgtime

don't tell me his father is up for the open position at the UofA?

ksrazorback

Yep, lets hope so or if Dad doesn't work out grandma and playing in SEC close too home would!!

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on June 15, 2007, 08:02:35 am
Quote from: ksrazorback on June 15, 2007, 07:46:04 am

:razorback:   Go Razorbacks    :razorback:      :razorback:

I think the overall pull of having your Grandmother & Dad already in Fayetteville, Arkansas  would be too much of a draw. 
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

T-Wacker

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 13, 2007, 08:33:19 pm

That's hard to believe. I have seen her play and being 5'9" and about 110 pounds doesn't seem like SEC material.

whocares

she is a very very good volleyball player, twacker. She would be a setter but she def has a shot. I would love to see his dad come to arkansas as the DOB.

Kilgor

Seems as sleazy as hiring a guy's HS coach to get him to sign.

I hope Pel just hires the best man for the job as DBO and I think he will do just that.  We don't have to do things like hire fathers to succeed. 

If we decided to go down that road, shouldn't the player be at least be a top 10 player?

Rotnei is very good and I want him to be a Hog, but he isn't a "sell your soul for" type player.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

T-Wacker

Quote from: whocares on June 15, 2007, 12:46:04 pm
she is a very very good volleyball player, twacker. She would be a setter but she def has a shot. I would love to see his dad come to arkansas as the DOB.

I was under the assumption they were talking basketball, not volleyball.

mbgrulz

Quote from: Kilgor on June 15, 2007, 03:45:27 pm

I hope Pel just hires the best man for the job as DBO and I think he will do just that.  We don't have to do things like hire fathers to succeed. 

If we decided to go down that road, shouldn't the player be at least be a top 10 player?

Rotnei is very good and I want him to be a Hog, but he isn't a "sell your soul for" type player.

yeah, but DBO's don't make or break anything. as long as he is hard working and can do the job, why not? there won't be another DBO that brings more to the table than that.

HawgG

June 16, 2007, 11:58:41 am #33 Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 03:28:17 pm by HawgG

We could hire Greg Monroe's dad or whomever he looks up to in order to get him.

When college coaches start hiring dads and/or AAU or HS coaches in order to get the prospect(s) it speaks to how desperate the situation is.

I know that there was talk months ago that John Brady would do the samething in order to keep Monroe home

Desprate times call for desperate measures.

I guess everyone recalls John Calipari's hiring of Dajaun Wagner's Dad in order to get him.

What if Arkansas had hired Mike Conley Sr. to the staff 2 years ago as director of basketball operations...

Razorod

Quote from: HawgG on June 16, 2007, 11:58:41 am

We could hire Greg Monroe's dad or whomever he looks up to in order to get him.

When college coaches start hiring dads and/or AAU or HS coaches in order to get the prospect(s) it speaks to how desperate the situation is.

I know that there was talk months ago that John Brady would do the samething in order to keep Monroe home

Desprate times call for desperate measures.

I guess everyone recalls John Calipari's hiring of Dajaun Wagner's Dad in order to get him.

What if Arkansas had hired Mike Conley Sr. to the staff 2 years ago as director of basketball operations...

Some of the sleazier hirings have done by getting AAU guys on staff to get a player.

Two things about this matter that make it a little different:
1. Technically, he's already working at a University, ORU hired him as their DBO.
2. The position is DBO, not an assistant coaching position. My guess is he is fairly well qualified to be DBO if it should come about.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.