Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Surprise Camper: Jeff Little

Started by jhudson84, June 12, 2007, 09:19:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jhudson84

June 12, 2007, 09:19:06 am Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 09:25:40 am by jhudson84
Maybe no camper has made more of a splash this week than Jeff Little:  The 6-2/225 lb LB from Watson Chapel HS ran a 4.49 40 yard dash after coming up a jr. season consisting of three plays before he tore his ACL.

http://wholehogsports.com/adg/192621/

Beaverfever

Thats a sweet 40 time for his size and comming off that acl injury.

jhudson84

Still to be seen if he gets an offer or not.  Got to fit Herrings taste.

The Coletrain

I hope he's not a workout warrior who's game doesn't match his strength and speed.  He looks like a grown man!  And apparently he runs like a deer.  At 6-2, 225 lbs. he sounds like a no brainer.  So I'm anxious to hear if his game matches his measurables.  If so, we may have found ourselves a stud. 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

whocares

There is no doubt he will be offered even if he is a workout warrior guys. HE has the size for LB and speed for Safety in the SEC no matter what he will be offered bc they can find a place to put him with that size and speed.

jhudson84

Some guys are excellent testers but that has to translate to the field.  My high school had a guy.....wont say when or who.  He was 6'2 225 (same as little) and ran a laser timed 4.45 and a 48 in the 400.  Ditto, squat.

jhudson84

Since Little only played 3 snaps his jr. year I cant find a video anywhere.

Beaverfever

We are probably hesitant to offer him with all these lbs we are already on.  He sure does sound like a stud though.  Sounds like Patrick Willis.

whocares

jhud did you play at Texarkana with man what was that LBs name he graduated the same year I did Willie Whitmore was a year older than me. Man I cant remember his name but he was pretty good.

whocares

June 12, 2007, 10:21:59 am #9 Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 10:37:12 am by whocares
tHATS COOL yeah DJ will be very good. Lets get him to work on those grades though.

jhudson84

No im not from Texarkana, Batesville actually.  I have watched DJ play a couple of times and I highly endorse him.  I think hes got all the tools to be a star.

HOGINTENNESSEE

I would offer Little just after looking at him. Dude just looks like a player.

KillerK4

Quote from: Beaverfever on June 12, 2007, 10:12:39 am
We are probably hesitant to offer him with all these lbs we are already on.  He sure does sound like a stud though.  Sounds like Patrick Willis.

Patrick Willis? Thats saying a lil much for somebody who only played 3 snaps of his junior year of HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!!!    Willis is 6'2" 245 and runs a 4.4, oh yeah he was the SEC Defensive MVP

Hogtide

Apparently Gordon Johnson the QB from Watson Chapel isn't to shabby either.  6'0, 195 lbs, and ran a 4.43 at camp.  He's being looked at for corner or safety.

whocares

killerk can you not compare people these days??? Come on lighten up the guys said it sounds like Willis nothing else gees.  Hogtide yes I expect Arkansas to offer Johnson in the next couple of days for a CB spot imo.

jhudson84

Gordon Johnson sure has the size and speed for the secondary but I have not seen any film on him so I cannot comment his ability other than how he tested.

Hogtropolis™

As a former Waston Chapel graduate, it's nice to see some WC kids getting their name thrown into the mix as Hog recruits again.  I think the last duo that was recruited heavily out of Chapel was Ron Johnson and Bobby Jett back in the 96-97 recruiting year.

Also, my little sister just graduated from WC this past year and had a psychology class with Little.  She said he was fairly smart and shouldn't have any trouble qualifying if he was offered.  Best of luck to Little and Gordon Johnson.  GO WILDCATS!

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 12, 2007, 12:42:04 pm
Gordon Johnson sure has the size and speed for the secondary but I have not seen any film on him so I cannot comment his ability other than how he tested.
I've seen him play a few times, and he appears to be a very gifted athlete.  I know that he has been playing QB since his sophomore season and plays a little CB when needed.

kimjongsqUeAl

I say offer him early and see what he does next year.  If he has a break out year then we will have a leg up on everyone else.  If not, with that size and speed though, you can work with him
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

Beaverfever

Quote from: KillerK4 on June 12, 2007, 11:52:51 am
Quote from: Beaverfever on June 12, 2007, 10:12:39 am

Patrick Willis? Thats saying a lil much for somebody who only played 3 snaps of his junior year of HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!!!    Willis is 6'2" 245 and runs a 4.4, oh yeah he was the SEC Defensive MVP
I honestly just meant looking at size, speed, frame, and such.  Wasn't really like, "This is the next P. Willis". 

501Ben

Arkansas will eventually offer him, but not after THIS camp. Since Arkansas has so little game film, if any, on him they will either wait till the start of the season to watch him or see how he preforms at the seniors only camp.

jhudson84

Quote from: 501Ben on June 13, 2007, 09:16:54 am
Arkansas will eventually offer him, but not after THIS camp. Since Arkansas has so little game film, if any, on him they will either wait till the start of the season to watch him or see how he preforms at the seniors only camp.

Ben have you seen Gordon Johnson play?  Apparently not many make it to Watson Chapel on Friday nights.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 13, 2007, 09:23:22 am
Ben have you seen Gordon Johnson play?  Apparently not many make it to Watson Chapel on Friday nights.
If anybody remembers the first round of the playoffs from 2005 when Fayetteville hosted WC (and killed them), Johnson was the OB then.  Of course he was only a sophomore and playing a clearly superior Fayetteville team.  I'm pretty sure I remember them honoring Ronnie Brewer for something at halftime that night also.

I have seen him play about 3 or 4 times and he like I said before, he is very athletic.  He can fly and make people miss like it's nothing, but he is not the best QB in the world.  He will definitely be offered as a CB not a QB.

If anybody remembers Kyle Williams from WC, he reminds me a lot of him.  He was a very fast, athletic guy who played QB just because he was the best option on the team not because it was his best position.  I graduated with Kyle and he went to a JUCO school in Texas for two years and just finished up his senior year starting at CB for KState.  Most people know Kyle's older brother Kevin better than Kyle though since he played in the NFL for a short period of time.

jhudson84

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 13, 2007, 11:14:39 am
thanks for the info.
Now that Arkansas is on these two guys, I might try to make it down to a few of my old high school's games this year.  My parents still live down there, so I know they would like the idea.

If I do get to do that, I'll give y'all some very, very, amateur scouting analysis of the two when the time comes.