Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

will we get a comment from this camp

Started by ArkHogJason, June 11, 2007, 03:28:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ArkHogJason

501Ben

If they offer any of the in-state OL(Bryant Newell,Tyler Barnes, or Austin Eoff) I think they would commit on the spot.

Hawgballz

Quote from: ArkHogJason on June 11, 2007, 03:28:52 pm
and if so who will it be ?

I am sure several of the kids will comment if Richard asks them any questions, but I am hoping for more commits than comments.   ;)
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

ArkHogJason

Man you Guys and ladies know what if we don't offer Tyler Barnes he will probly end up a great QB, so lets please offer him. he will be a great one to get.

Hogstocking

I'm hoping Jeff Little gets offered and 'comments'  :) he's already got a college build

killamon

tyler barnes is an OG..and i heard he looked average at best....Eoff "probably" has the best chance to get offered

jhudson84

Quote from: Hogstocking on June 11, 2007, 03:45:56 pm
I'm hoping Jeff Little gets offered and 'comments'  :) he's already got a college build

Little is coming off acl surgery in sept. and still measured 6-2 225 and ran a 4.49 for a lb.

Bryant Newell will get an offer along with Eoff, I think Tyler Barnes will be headed to Tulsa.  The Hightower kid from Jonesboro (6-9, 375) have not seen him play but word is he has been impressive and with Hall already committed thats 700 pounds with two guys.

501Ben

June 11, 2007, 04:16:22 pm #7 Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 04:19:13 pm by 501Ben
Quote from: jhudson84 on June 11, 2007, 04:03:13 pm

Little is coming off acl surgery in sept. and still measured 6-2 225 and ran a 4.49 for a lb.

Bryant Newell will get an offer along with Eoff, I think Tyler Barnes will be headed to Tulsa.  The Hightower kid from Jonesboro (6-9, 375) have not seen him play but word is he has been impressive and with Hall already committed thats 700 pounds with two guys.

Not sure who you talked to about Hightower, but he has not been that impressive, and has been put on his back several times. He is extremely soft for a guy of his size.

southern hawg

Quote from: ArkHogJason on June 11, 2007, 03:43:24 pm
Man you Guys and ladies know what if we don't offer Tyler Barnes he will probly end up a great QB, so lets please offer him. he will be a great one to get.
Tyler Wilson

hog37

Quote from: 501Ben on June 11, 2007, 04:16:22 pm

Not sure who you talked to about Hightower, but he has not been that impressive, and has been put on his back several times. He is extremely soft for a guy of his size.

Has M Hall worked out in the one on one drills?  He may have been avoiding the same fate as Hightower.

501Ben

Quote from: hog37 on June 11, 2007, 04:36:00 pm

Has M Hall worked out in the one on one drills?  He may have been avoiding the same fate as Hightower.

Matt Hall didn't work out in the one on one drills.

bigguy551122

Quote from: 501Ben on June 11, 2007, 04:36:36 pm
Quote from: hog37 on June 11, 2007, 04:36:00 pm

Matt Hall didn't work out in the one on one drills.

why not?
perfection is all i expect.

hog37

No reason for this mornings sessions, but this afternoon he supposedly pulled a hamstring.  Have any of you had a chance to see him move?

The Recruiting Guy

The Watson Chapel duo of LB Jeffery Little and CB Gordon Johnson have been extremely impressive at camp.

The Coletrain

There's always someone that comes up from relative obscurity to grab an offer at these camps.  Or at least a lesser known prospect that comes on late due to growth, injury, opportunity, etc.  Last year it was Freddy Burton when everyone else was looking at Josh Trezvant.  I'm thinking Little is that guy this year.  And it just so happens we need LBs in this class.     
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

hog37

Little , Barnes, and G Johnson look like the favorites right now.

southern hawg

Quote from: The Coletrain on June 11, 2007, 05:09:24 pm
There's always someone that comes up from relative obscurity to grab an offer at these camps.  Or at least a lesser known prospect that comes on late due to growth, injury, opportunity, etc.  Last year it was Freddy Burton when everyone else was looking at Josh Trezvant.  I'm thinking Little is that guy this year.  And it just so happens we need LBs in this class.     
G. Johnson will also likely get offered, he has excellent size and speed for a cb and we definitely need those.  I'm interested to see what his forty time was, I'm betting 4.40-4.42

351hog

I think D. Curtis might be the next to commit  ;)

killamon

Eoff has been pretty consistent...and Barnes has been doing better than Newell....and the Jonesboro kid has been laid flat on his back more than once.....with that said, its still not a given that any of these guys will get offered.......but if I had to pick I think Eoff gets offered and 50/50 on Barnes b/c they have offered multiple out of state Olinemen

killamon

Quote from: southern hawg on June 11, 2007, 05:14:53 pm
G. Johnson will also likely get offered, he has excellent size and speed for a cb and we definitely need those.  I'm interested to see what his forty time was, I'm betting 4.40-4.42

I think G. Johnson is a QB for Watson Chapel, but is recruited as a CB or S.  Also, I think he was the one that put up the fastest 40

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: killamon on June 11, 2007, 05:29:31 pm
Quote from: southern hawg on June 11, 2007, 05:14:53 pm

I think G. Johnson is a QB for Watson Chapel, but is recruited as a CB or S.  Also, I think he was the one that put up the fastest 40

I read that he ran a 4.43.

ArkHogJason

My bad guys it's Tyler Wilson. we should have tried to get on him a little harder.

southern hawg

Quote from: ArkHogJason on June 11, 2007, 08:49:11 pm
My bad guys it's Tyler Wilson. we should have tried to get on him a little harder.
We didn't try to get him at all.

ArkHogJason

Why not he is supposed to be the next best thing.

whocares

Matt Hall pulled his Hammy thats why he hasnt gone through one on one drills. Trust me FSU has offered any number of colleges wish he wasnt firmly committed to Arkansas. He is going to be very good in about 3 years.

whocares

Yes Eoff will commit and so will Little and Johnson once they leave and get offered. I expect Arkansas to have at least three new commits by Sunday.

501Ben

Quote from: whocares on June 12, 2007, 02:46:06 pm
Matt Hall pulled his Hammy thats why he hasnt gone through one on one drills. Trust me FSU has offered any number of colleges wish he wasnt firmly committed to Arkansas. He is going to be very good in about 3 years.

Agreed. He is like Youngblood in that if he didn't commit so early he would have gotten a lot more big time offers.