Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jameel Owens from Muskogee...

Started by Hollywood_HOGan45, June 11, 2007, 08:22:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan45

do we have any shot whatsoever at this great wideout from Muskogee, Oklahoma?

arklahoman36

I don't know that Arkansas is recruiting him. Someone posted that Arkansas has offered him and his teammate, DT Stacey McGee, but I don't know if that's accurate.
My nephew just graduated from Muskogee High, and is casual friends with Owens. The last time he talked to him, before graduation, Owens hadn't been offered by Arkansas.
Also, in the last couple of articles I've read on Owens, he hasn't mentioned Arkansas recruiting him (but that doesn't mean they aren't). The last article I read was about 3 weeks ago, so maybe things have changed since then.
I know he has 6 or 7 offers so far, and his coach told him Florida coaches are talking like they might offer.
Don't let the fact his numbers went down from his soph. and jr. year fool you either.
Muskogee's starting QB went down on special teams before he even took a snap in the 6th game of the season. Owens played QB in that game, and if memory serves me right, started the next four before the QB returned.
Owens is the real deal. 6'3 210, runs a sub 4.5 40, has good hands, and is a good downfield threat.
He also realizes, according to an interview with Scout, that "I won't be 'Jameel Owens - the star' anymore, I'll just be another guy. So, the harder I work now, the sooner I'll be able to make a name for myself at the next level."
So a good attitude also.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on June 11, 2007, 08:22:24 am
do we have any shot whatsoever at this great wideout from Muskogee, Oklahoma?

No shot

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Landonhog

I thought he was a lock for OU, last I had heard...

arklahoman36

Quote from: Landonhog on June 11, 2007, 09:09:16 pm

No, his mom wants him to go there, and I think that's one of his early favorites.
But in an interview a month ago he said he didn't expect to get recruited by as many schools who have offered. He said he wants to check out Miami, and that his coach told him Florida coaches sounded like they might offer, and he would want to check them out too.
I think OU still has a good shot, but it's not a lock.
His teammate, DT Stacey McGee, has listed Ark as a school he's interested in, but I don't know if Ark has shown any interest. McGee is a good lookin kid 4-star by Rivals and a 3-star by Scout.

brooks74

Like you know, what did you grow up there or something?  Geeez!!  ;)

arklahoman36

Quote from: brooks74 on June 11, 2007, 10:07:49 pm

I did  :)

brooks74

SO did landonhog, he's my cousin, just messing with him

arklahoman36

Quote from: brooks74 on June 12, 2007, 12:17:58 am
SO did landonhog, he's my cousin, just messing with him

Ahhh, gotcha

Landonhog

Quote from: brooks74 on June 11, 2007, 10:07:49 pm

Ha!  Somethin like that!   ;)