Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morrilton's Shekinna Stricklen talks recruiting

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 10, 2007, 09:26:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

June 10, 2007, 09:26:20 pm Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 09:32:12 pm by Richard Davenport
Shekinna Stricklen is a 6'2 forward that averaged 22 points, 13 rebounds, 6 assists and 4 blocks this past season. I talked to Shekinna about 30 minutes ago and here's what she had to say.

TRG: Tell me your offers.

Shekinna: Tennessee, Baylor, Texas, Georgia, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Arkansas and LSU.

TRG: Do you have any plans for any camps this summer?

Shekinna: I'm suppose to go to Tennessee and I'm still debating about going to Texas A&M. Those are the only two I have time to make.

TRG: Where does Arkansas stand?

Shekinna: I really haven't heard from them since they got their new coaches.. I haven't talked to them much.I'm still thinking about them.

TRG: When's the last time you talked to Arkansas?

Shekinna: The last time was in may. They text me every now and then. About once or twice a month.

TRG: Do you know when you may make your official visits?

Shekinna: Not really. I really don't know. I don't know if I'm going to commit before then or what.

TRG: Have you been to any college campus?

Shekinna: I've been to Tennessee. I went on a unofficial visit back in February I think.

TRG: Do you have a top 5?

Shekinna: Tennessee, Baylor, Georgia, Texas and Texas A&M.

TRG: Sounds like you really like Tennessee.

Shekinna: I really do. I get along with them pretty well. I talk to someone from the coaching staff every week. I talk to the coaches mainly through texting.

TRG: The NCAA plans to ban texting August 1st. Your thoughts?

Shekinna: That's how I do most of my talking. I'll call every now and then.

TRG: When do you plan to make a decision?

Shekinna: I know I'll decide between the end of July or the end of August.

old hog

Her aunt had a picture of her in Tenn. "puke" orange with Pat Summitt and some of the players. Would look better in Razorback Red. Hope the new coach gets in touch with her, because I get the feeling from her aunt that she would be VERY receptive to any contact from the hogs. But is not receiving any interest from them at this time.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Richard Davenport on June 10, 2007, 09:26:20 pm
Shekinna Stricklen is a 6'2 forward that averaged 22 points, 13 rebounds, 6 assists and 4 blocks this past season. I talked to Shekinna about 30 minutes ago and here's what she had to say.

What in the world is the new coaching staff smoking?  I don't know if they are just assuming that she is a Tennessee lock or what.  Strickland is probably the best women's basketball prospect ever in the state of Arkansas, and the new coaching staff has not even checked to see what she is doing.  Please tell me that this is a joke.

TRG: Tell me your offers.

Shekinna: Tennessee, Baylor, Texas, Georgia, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Arkansas and LSU.

TRG: Do you have any plans for any camps this summer?

Shekinna: I'm suppose to go to Tennessee and I'm still debating about going to Texas A&M. Those are the only two I have time to make.

TRG: Where does Arkansas stand?

Shekinna: I really haven't heard from them since they got their new coaches.. I haven't talked to them much.I'm still thinking about them.

TRG: When's the last time you talked to Arkansas?

Shekinna: The last time was in may. They text me every now and then. About once or twice a month.

TRG: Do you know when you may make your official visits?

Shekinna: Not really. I really don't know. I don't know if I'm going to commit before then or what.

TRG: Have you been to any college campus?

Shekinna: I've been to Tennessee. I went on a unofficial visit back in February I think.

TRG: Do you have a top 5?

Shekinna: Tennessee, Baylor, Georgia, Texas and Texas A&M.

TRG: Sounds like you really like Tennessee.

Shekinna: I really do. I get along with them pretty well. I talk to someone from the coaching staff every week. I talk to the coaches mainly through texting.

TRG: The NCAA plans to ban texting August 1st. Your thoughts?

Shekinna: That's how I do most of my talking. I'll call every now and then.

TRG: When do you plan to make a decision?

Shekinna: I know I'll decide between the end of July or the end of August.

imhogwild2

shes overated i saw her face off against whitney Zachariason this year and she got owned
Bring back slobbering hog. Member Since 12/1/2006

diehardrbackfan

June 10, 2007, 11:05:45 pm #4 Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 07:18:38 pm by diehardrbackfan

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: imhogwild2 on June 10, 2007, 10:59:26 pm
shes overated i saw her face off against whitney Zachariason this year and she got owned

What are you talking about.  I believe she scored more points than Zachariason did on a team that was not nearly as good.  You don't put up 30 and get owned.  Your post is ridiculous.  You must be Ray Charles, if you think that she got owned. If I recall both players had a good game, but Sticklen put up 30 or close to it and had a double double.  Tennessee makes a lot of overrated women their priority.  I nominate your post for the most ridiculous of the year.  If she can't play, then Hugh Heffner has no game with the ladies.   

LJHOG

She probably is.  Only got offers from Tennessee, Baylor, Texas, Georgia, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Arkansas and LSU.  If she was any good, she'd just so straight to the WNBA.

whatsshakinbacon

Is there no accountability on the hill for our recruiting - in all sports?  I'll bet Clay and Trey's boards have glossed over this small, unimportant fact on their boards.

Bacon out...

Bill_Smith

Let me interject a technical angle here -- the new staff can't contact a junior face-to-face until later in the summer.  If a recruit comes on an unofficial visit to your campus, then they can speak with a recruit.
"Trust the people" -- Winston Churchill

jhudson84

[/quote]

She is far from over-rated.  She would be the Lady Backs best player right now.
[/quote]

Than you didnt watch Whitney show Shekinna up in LR, they both played a good game but I would say Whitney is better.  Maybe Shekinna will be the better college player due to the lack of talent around her in high school.

jhudson84

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on June 11, 2007, 01:49:43 am

What are you talking about.  I believe she scored more points than Zachariason did on a team that was not nearly as good.  You don't put up 30 and get owned.  Your post is ridiculous.  You must be Ray Charles, if you think that she got owned. If I recall both players had a good game, but Sticklen put up 30 or close to it and had a double double.  Tennessee makes a lot of overrated women their priority.  I nominate your post for the most ridiculous of the year.  If she can't play, then Hugh Heffner has no game with the ladies.   

Whitney had 39 points, Shekinna had 32.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 11, 2007, 10:04:28 am
Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on June 11, 2007, 01:49:43 am

Whitney had 39 points, Shekinna had 32.

I was wrong on the number of points that Whitney had, but when did people who put up 30 points get owned.  Shekinna had a double double in that game, yet she got owned.  Thanks for the clarification on the points total, but the bottom line is that Shekinna Strickland can play and plays well. 

jhudson84

Shekinna is a great player, I dont believe she got "owned" as one poster said however regardless of point total she did get outplayed.  Whitney has more talent around her but they are both going to be stars at the next level.

gasshog

She is far from overrated. She can handle the ball,she can shoot from anywhere. She IMO would be like a female Magic Johnson.

doubleH

RedSatinHog

Quote from: gasshog on June 11, 2007, 10:22:41 pm

She is far from overrated. She can handle the ball,she can shoot from anywhere. She IMO would be like a female Magic Johnson.

That's going a little bit too far at this point.  Saying that stuff puts her on the level of a Diana Taurasi, who really DOES play like a female version of Magic Johnson.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: AKHogsHoopsFan on June 12, 2007, 01:06:55 am
Quote from: gasshog on June 11, 2007, 10:22:41 pm

That's going a little bit too far at this point.  Saying that stuff puts her on the level of a Diana Taurasi, who really DOES play like a female version of Magic Johnson.

Candice Parker is the closest female basketball player to Magic Johnson.  Taurasi has all of the handles but she shoots better than Magic and does not post up like Magic did.