Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For your enjoyment

Started by southern hawg, June 09, 2007, 09:42:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

southern hawg

June 09, 2007, 09:42:51 pm Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 10:02:16 pm by southern hawg
Most of you have probably already watched them but for those of you who haven't I encourage you to go to the Rivals page with the list of Arkansas' '07 recruits and watch some of the highlight videos.  No membership is required.  After watching most of the videos two things are obvious,
1.  Joe Chaisson could see playing time VERY early, and 2. Patrick Jones is a freak of nature, has probably the most impressive film.
Also, have a look at F. Burtons' highlights http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=33655

bd93

Reggie will love the Burton plays.

Hog Fan from Camden

Will Burton play safety or Outside LB?

VenturaHog

I hope Olb, I really like his size, speed, and tackling. We have a cvery hard hitting LB group, he would be a good addition. Also very good to have the coverage exp of a safety in herrings man only scheme, he could be an asset to us.

VenturaHog

Also, kareem crowell sure looked good as a DT. I know he will make a fine gaurd or whatever but its a shame he cant play on the other side of the ball as well.

IcEwalker

i would play burton at safety. we have plenty of LB and his tackling ability could make him another kennedy/hamblin type.

IcEwalker

i was also impressed with both QB's, J. Love, and D. Ambrose. the two rb's didnt really impress me much.

tophawg19

jones is a freak . great footwork and balance , good first step as a fb . bring back the elephant package
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hawgwash

One thing I noticed about Nathan Dick is he frequently looked to a secondary receiver.  I think he's a better QB than many expect.

demonHOG1013

6' 300 pounds playin tailback, that kids a beast. Chassion reminds me of Robert Johnson coming outta highschool.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: IcEwalker on June 10, 2007, 08:33:16 am
i was also impressed with both QB's, J. Love, and D. Ambrose. the two rb's didnt really impress me much.
You didn't like the Micheal Harris highlights?  I thought they were as good or better than Felix's were.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

southern hawg

With our style of offense and Chaisson's ability to run, I would be surprised if he doesn't see some playing time this year.  Chaisson at QB with DMAC and Felix in the backfield could cause major problems for defenses, especially with Chaisson's ability to pass also.

3kgthog

Quote from: hawgwash on June 10, 2007, 11:40:47 am
One thing I noticed about Nathan Dick is he frequently looked to a secondary receiver.  I think he's a better QB than many expect.

He'll have problems here then. We usually don't have a secondary receiver.

southern hawg

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on June 10, 2007, 12:21:38 pm
Quote from: IcEwalker on June 10, 2007, 08:33:16 am
You didn't like the Micheal Harris highlights?  I thought they were as good or better than Felix's were.
The first Harris highlight is very impressive, the second, not so much.  Tim Dial's second video where he is playing LB as opposed to the first at safety is also impressive.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: southern hawg on June 10, 2007, 12:25:22 pm
With our style of offense and Chaisson's ability to run, I would be surprised if he doesn't see some playing time this year.  Chaisson at QB with DMAC and Felix in the backfield could cause major problems for defenses, especially with Chaisson's ability to pass also.
[/quote
Quote from: demonHOG1013 on June 10, 2007, 11:57:49 am
6' 300 pounds playin tailback, that kids a beast. Chassion reminds me of Robert Johnson coming outta highschool.
Yep, looks like ROJO part 2 to me too.

RZRBack_FAN

You would think we would learn from our past mistakes. ROJO didnt have what it took to be an SEC qb. Maybe this kid will turn out to be Better!!!

ferrellhog

i wish we had someone who could develop a te passing game we got some studs coming in at that position .freeman has pretty good hands

IcEwalker

Quote from: ferrellhog on June 10, 2007, 02:06:15 pm
i wish we had someone who could develop a te passing game we got some studs coming in at that position .freeman has pretty good hands

freeman wont play TE, he will be an offensive lineman, and potentially a pretty good one with his size and speed. we have DJ Williams at TE.

southern hawg

Quote from: IcEwalker on June 10, 2007, 03:26:08 pm
Quote from: ferrellhog on June 10, 2007, 02:06:15 pm

freeman wont play TE, he will be an offensive lineman, and potentially a pretty good one with his size and speed. we have DJ Williams at TE.
It will be interesting to see what the coaching staff does with DJ, that's an awful lot of talent to put at tight end, a position we rarely utilize.  Maybe D. Lee will implement some plays the Cowboys use with Jason Witten.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on June 10, 2007, 12:35:42 pm
[/quote

Did Robert Johnson's high school's offense run the shotgun.  Joe Chaisson runs different and has a completely different throwing motion than ROJO.  I think it is a bad comparison. 

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on June 10, 2007, 07:53:07 pm
Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on June 10, 2007, 12:35:42 pm
[/quote

Did Robert Johnson's high school's offense run the shotgun.  Joe Chaisson runs different and has a completely different throwing motion than ROJO.  I think it is a bad comparison. 
He may be a better runner(slightly) than ROJO but his throwing didn't impress much like ROJO. I hope I'm wrong.

AFWarrior83

Yeah Freddie Burton reminds me of Tony Bua. I like how he loves contact!
Hogville member since 2005.

RZRBack_FAN

June 12, 2007, 06:32:10 pm #23 Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 06:44:12 pm by RZRBack_FAN
ROJO looked like a all star coming out of high school i wanna say he was a 4 star dual threat. I dont think its a bad comparison at all. They throw the same actually and kinda have some of the same decison making attributes from the clips i saw of Joe!!

Went back and checked ROJO was a 4 star and was the 7th rated dual threat QB!

gibby

Quote from: southern hawg on June 10, 2007, 04:20:54 pmMaybe D. Lee will implement some plays the Cowboys use with Jason Witten.
God knows he saw enough video of those plays.