Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any baseball recruits drafted??

Started by Harrisonhogfan, June 07, 2007, 07:18:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Harrisonhogfan

Anyone know if any of next years recruits have been drafted high enough to sign and not come to school?  ??? ???

Hawgzilla

Quote from: Harrisonhogfan on June 07, 2007, 07:18:50 pm
Anyone know if any of next years recruits have been drafted high enough to sign and not come to school?  ??? ???

Blake Eibner from the Woodlands,Texas to the Houston Astos at #141 ......He will be gone..........

bigguy551122

Quote from: Hawgzilla on June 07, 2007, 08:24:24 pm

Blake Eibner from the Woodlands,Texas to the Houston Astos at #141 ......He will be gone..........

what kinda money is a kid looking at being drafted around then???
perfection is all i expect.

coach, my back hurts

It sucks to lose him, but i dont want to lose the 2 stud hitters from TN and OK.  Keep an eye on Andy Wilkins (OK) and Cody Hawn of TN.  Both are Louisville Slugger AA and good size kids too.  I would like to see those sticks in the lineup next yr considering how bad we were at times this yr. 

It looks like we have some good talent coming in next yr.  Probably DVH's best class if he doesnt get hit by the draft too bad.

If a player is takin in the rounds 5-10, what kind of money are they lookin at?  What about rounds 10-15?  I'm just trying to see if there is a "line", i guess, as to were these HS kids will decide on college or pro.

futurehogdad

William Hawn (assume Cody)  #701

Andrew Wilkens # 770

hogfan0307

-Ryan Turner Round 22 Pick 665 D-Rays
-William Hawn Round 23 Pick 701 Brewers
-Michael Flynn Round 25 Pick 765 Mariners (we offered him a 90% scholly, i bet he's staying)
-Andrew Wilkens Round 25 Pick 770 Rangers

Harrisonhogfan

What round (if any) is the usual cut-off point for HS kids to go pro instead of school?

futurehogdad

Hogstocking

Quote from: bigguy551122 on June 07, 2007, 08:46:34 pm

what kinda money is a kid looking at being drafted around then???

I'm curious about the money too.  Seems like if you're drafted #141 the money would be pretty good considering theres like a million rounds in a MLB draft.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Harrisonhogfan on June 08, 2007, 04:50:09 pm
What round (if any) is the usual cut-off point for HS kids to go pro instead of school?

There is a lot more to it than just what round they are drafted in.  You can still be offered big bucks even in later rounds, some HS kids draft status falls just because they state that they are definitely going to college or it is going to take such & such amount of money to sign them that teams really back off drafting them, but then the teams offers a 1st round amount even though they were a 12th round pick and they go ahead and sign.  I think for a lot of kids, family life has a lot more to do with if they sign than what round they were picked in.  Also for some kids it comes down to which team drafted them, because the good ones can go through 3 or 4 drafts before they sign (drafted after HS, drafted after JC, drafted after their junior year in college and maybe even again after their senior year if they can hold out that long).
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

hogfan0307

I would guess he would be gone, but people are saying that he REALLY wants to come to college

coach, my back hurts

Quote from: hogfan0307 on June 08, 2007, 08:46:33 pm

I would guess he would be gone, but people are saying that he REALLY wants to come to college

Can we send 2 or 3 of the RBI Girls of his liking to Woodland, TX to make him feel.......well.....right at home?    ;)

Amityvillehogger

i just hope he comes up with some pitching before next year or we are gonna be hurting bad.  you guys thought this year we didn't have depth, if he doesnt come up with some good pitching, things are really in bad shape.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Kilgor

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on June 08, 2007, 10:00:21 pm
i just hope he comes up with some pitching before next year or we are gonna be hurting bad.  you guys thought this year we didn't have depth, if he doesnt come up with some good pitching, things are really in bad shape.

Todd and Welker weren't on the team this time last year.  In Dave we trust.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Realist

He's from the Woodlands, TX.  I'm sure he is used to having money so don't know how much that offer of money will lure him away

ksrazorback

Seems like the money talks when it comes to baseball draft, I think these kids should come be a Razorback for at least 2 years.....

2008 Arkansas Signees

Player                             Round    Pick       Team                              Previous School           

Brett Eibner, RHP             4th          141        Houston Astros                The Woodlands [Texas] HS

Zach Oliver, LHP               16th        485        Pittsburgh Pirates            Paris [Texas] JC

Ryan Turner, RHP             22nd        665        Tampa Bay Devil Rays      Richland [Texas] HS

Cody Hawn, INF/OF          23rd        701        Milwaukee Brewers          South Doyle [Knoxville, Tenn.] HS

Conrad Flynn, RHP            25th        765        Seattle Mariners              Robert E. Lee [Midland, Texas] HS

Andy Wilkins, INF             25th        770        Texas Rangers                 Broken Arrow [Okla.] HS

James Mahler, RHP           42nd       1262       Philadelphia Phillies         Jordan [Salt Lake City, Utah] HS

Ryan Cisterna, C               48th       1351       Washington Nationals      Chandler-Gilbert [Ariz.] CC

Arkansas also had eight incoming signees drafted over the two days of the MLB Draft. Two UA signees - Ryan Miller and John Maschino - also inked deals prior to the draft with the teams that drafted them last season. RHP Brett Eibner, brother to current UA golfer Drew Eibner, was the highest draft pick, going to the Houston Astros in the fourth round with the 141st overall pick.
http://www.kait8.com/Global/story.asp?S=6634757

:razorback:   Go Razorbacks    :razorback:    :razorback:

Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

Hawgballz

Quote from: ksrazorback on June 11, 2007, 01:08:40 pm
Seems like the money talks when it comes to baseball draft, I think these kids should come be a Razorback for at least 2 years.....

2008 Arkansas Signees

Player                             Round    Pick       Team                              Previous School           

Brett Eibner, RHP             4th          141        Houston Astros                The Woodlands [Texas] HS

Zach Oliver, LHP               16th        485        Pittsburgh Pirates            Paris [Texas] JC

Ryan Turner, RHP             22nd        665        Tampa Bay Devil Rays      Richland [Texas] HS

Cody Hawn, INF/OF          23rd        701        Milwaukee Brewers          South Doyle [Knoxville, Tenn.] HS

Conrad Flynn, RHP            25th        765        Seattle Mariners              Robert E. Lee [Midland, Texas] HS

Andy Wilkins, INF             25th        770        Texas Rangers                 Broken Arrow [Okla.] HS

James Mahler, RHP           42nd       1262       Philadelphia Phillies         Jordan [Salt Lake City, Utah] HS

Ryan Cisterna, C               48th       1351       Washington Nationals      Chandler-Gilbert [Ariz.] CC

Arkansas also had eight incoming signees drafted over the two days of the MLB Draft. Two UA signees - Ryan Miller and John Maschino - also inked deals prior to the draft with the teams that drafted them last season. RHP Brett Eibner, brother to current UA golfer Drew Eibner, was the highest draft pick, going to the Houston Astros in the fourth round with the 141st overall pick.
http://www.kait8.com/Global/story.asp?S=6634757

:razorback:   Go Razorbacks    :razorback:    :razorback:

Zach Oliver will definitely sign and go pro as he does not have the grades to enroll at Arkansas per DVH.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!