Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big Time LB Arthur Brown talks recruiting (The U. -> KSt lean)

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 07, 2007, 06:56:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

Arthur is a 6'1 210 LB with 4.47 speed from Wichita Kansas, East High School. Arthur is considered one of the top players in the nation. I talked to Arthur about 20 minutes ago and here's what he had to say.

TRG: What are your total offers?

Arthur: I'm not sure of the exact number but it's around 50.

TRG: Have you cut down your list?

Arthur: I cut it down to 23 schools. Arkansas is in that list.

TRG: What's interest in Arkansas?

Arthur: I've heard from a lot of people that say it's a great school and it makes me have a good feel about them and I want to find out more about them.

TRG: Who's the first to offer?

Arthur: Oklahoma verbally offered me last summer.

TRG: Who's recruiting you for Arkansas?

Arthur: I think it's Coach Shibest. I've spoken to him twice on the phone.

TRG: Who do you talk to the most?

Arthur: I've been talking to Oklahoma, North Carolina and Nebraska the most recently.

TRG: Tell me about your visits this summer.

Arthur: This summer we'll go down south. I know we're going to visit LSU, Florida Arkansas and Ole Miss. I plan to visit a total of 10 schools. Depending on the financial situation we'll go out west and visit USC, Cal and UCLA.

TRG: What were your stats this past season?

Arthur: I had 158 tackles, 1 interception and I had 8 to 10 sacks.

TRG: When do you plan to make a decision?

Arthur: I originally wanted to graduate at semester and if that still goes that way I'll make a decision in December.

It's huge to get a visit from Arthur. Arthur has so many schools after him it's hard for him to know every coach at every school. Arthur was a very nice and polite young man. I look forward to staying in touch with Arthur.

Arthur is interested in being on Press Row. We just have to find a good time for him and his brother Bryce to be on at the same time. He really liked that idea.

Video: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm0KQGs6_fM

tbhogfan

As usual, great work, TRG.  I sure hope we get Arthur. 
Go Hogs!

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Good interview, Richard. You are correct, getting a visit from this young man is big in itself, BUT nobody should be content with just getting a visit. We NEED to sign this young man and let him recruit for us. It appeared that he hesitated a little when asked who was recruiting him for Arkansas. That is a big NO, NO! He should know his recruiters grandmother and her friends as well. We have got to start throwing the bus at these young big-time recruits if we want a chance at signing them.
     Keep it up, Richard. Any word on Sam McGuffie?  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

Rooka

THANKS TRG!!, I really hope we get this guy, but 50 other schools is alot to pry him away from.

Zen_Hog

I thought he narrowed it down to 3 with Oklahoma, USC, and Miami a couple of days ago.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Dmac4Heisman on June 07, 2007, 07:57:56 pm
I thought he narrowed it down to 3 with Oklahoma, USC, and Miami a couple of days ago.

Those are schools that he may favor a little right now but he's not locked into them just yet. Getting a visit can sway him. I don't see Arthur making a decision any time soon.

IcEwalker

it would be the biggest defensive recruit we have ever got IMO if we got him.

bigguy551122

would love to see him in a hog uniform but if we couldnt get him wouldnt mind seeing him in a north carolina uniform either...getting him on campus for a visit atleast gives us a shot
perfection is all i expect.

NathanArizona

NathanArizona

russell33

this kid will probably be a bloody sooner!  family ties, etc...

but then again you never know

HOGINTENNESSEE

Arthur no doubt Reggie will make you into the best player you can be COME TO ARKANSAS !!!!!!

Hogstocking

VenturaHog

Wow thats awesome that hes going to visit us. I'm very encouraged to hear that we're on the radar of this kid, his highlights are unreal.

arklahoman36

Forgive me, I'm an OU fan (grew up in Okla, but root for ARK unless they play OU) so let the bashing begin ... but when I looked at Arthur Brown's highlight reel, it reminded me of looking at Tommie Harris' high school highlights.

The saying, "he's a man among boys," is a tired, overused cliche -- but it was accurate in describing Harris as a high school player and it's accurate in describing Brown.

Tomhog™

He seems to be a very sharp kid.  Over 50 offers from coaches and he remembers the name of an Assistant Coach at Arkansas?  Shibest isn't an easy name to remember.  I'm impressed!

Hugehogsfan

Wow that video looks great.  He seems to be able to locate the ball and looks like the Ole Piss LB from last year Patrick Willis.  He will be a catch if we can get him.

little pigee

It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

Landonhog

Thanks TRG!

That kid is a BEAST!  You know he'd excel in Reggie's D! 

cosmodrum

Quote from: Joe on June 07, 2007, 07:18:05 pm
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Good interview, Richard. You are correct, getting a visit from this young man is big in itself, BUT nobody should be content with just getting a visit. We NEED to sign this young man and let him recruit for us. It appeared that he hesitated a little when asked who was recruiting him for Arkansas. That is a big NO, NO! He should know his recruiters grandmother and her friends as well. We have got to start throwing the bus at these young big-time recruits if we want a chance at signing them.
     Keep it up, Richard. Any word on Sam McGuffie?  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Relax. He's a young man with 50 offers. It's reasonable that he would pause briefly before naming the recruiter from any of the schools that have offered.
Go away, batin'

Hawgballz

Quote from: Joe on June 07, 2007, 07:18:05 pm

I am not sure whether you were trying to be funny or just have not been around kids his age a whole lot.  The average kid his age would be lucky to name 10 of the 50 schools recruiting them, now this young man seems fairly intelligent and mature, but I would still be willing to bet that he can not name more than 10 of the coaches recruiting him, so that puts Arkansas & Coach Shibest in pretty good company.  It has been my opinion that Coach Shibest has done a fairly good job keeping in touch with recruits that we were interested in so I would say your criticisms were a little unwarranted.  BTW, I hear that Sam McGuffie will also be visiting the U of A this summer.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

chunter2

I like that with that many offers he can name one of our coaches. I also like that he is coming on campus. I think we seem to always have a much better chance at players once they have come on campus. our facilities are something to show off, and we seem to do a good job at doing it.

cbjagman

Hey, TRG any chance we could get you on the recruiting staff in Fayetteville? We need all the help we can get; no doubt you'd be a terrific addition. We might even get a top 20 recuiting class for a change!

bd93

Quote from: chunter2 on June 08, 2007, 12:40:49 pm
I like that with that many offers he can name one of our coaches. I also like that he is coming on campus. I think we seem to always have a much better chance at players once they have come on campus. our facilities are something to show off, and we seem to do a good job at doing it.

Yeah, I've heard in more than one interview where recruits where impressed with our weight room.

Good work Richard.

kimjongsqUeAl

Come to AR Arthur! We'd love to have you!
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

AFWarrior83

June 08, 2007, 02:02:54 pm #26 Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 02:05:17 pm by AFWarrior83
Fast and Powerful! Could you imagine the LB'er depth we would have with him? Freddie Fairchild, Ryan Powers, Chip Gregory, and Jelini Smith! (Plus others I can't think of off the top of my head) It's a long shot IMO, but we should fight like hell for him! *EDIT* I didn't even name our upper classmen. Dacus, Woods, Hewitt.
Hogville member since 2005.

501Ben

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on June 08, 2007, 02:02:54 pm
Fast and Powerful! Could you imagine the LB'er depth we would have with him? Freddie Fairchild, Ryan Powers, Chip Gregory, and Jelini Smith! (Plus others I can't think of off the top of my head) It's a long shot IMO, but we should fight like hell for him! *EDIT* I didn't even name our upper classmen. Dacus, Woods, Hewitt.

Jermaine Love

razorbass

Saw his video he looks ausome would love to have him at Arkansas :D :razorback:

southern hawg

Quote from: 501Ben on June 08, 2007, 02:12:43 pm
Quote from: AFWarrior83 on June 08, 2007, 02:02:54 pm

Jermaine Love
Tim Dial

razorbackmkh

Honest question, not flaming here, why do we have Shibest recruiting someone so highly sought after?
Every time I see a grown man in a backwards hat I want to b***h slap Trooper Taylor.

Hawgballz

Quote from: razorbackmkh on June 09, 2007, 05:34:48 pm
Honest question, not flaming here, why do we have Shibest recruiting someone so highly sought after?

Because it is his area and he has done a great job in staying in contact with the recruits in his area.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Wu Tang Clan

He recruited Jermaine Love, who no one thought Arkansas would get, but with that being said I still think Arkansas has no chance at landing this kid. 

VenturaHog

Quote from: HawgBall06 on June 09, 2007, 08:28:56 pm

Because it is his area and he has done a great job in staying in contact with the recruits in his area.

Man opinions here have sure done a 180 regarding shibest. I doubt anyone would have said this last summer. I agree with the post though, on all the things i read it seems to indicate shibest is one of our most consistent recruiters now.

wholehog92

Quote from: VenturaHog on June 10, 2007, 04:58:39 am
Quote from: HawgBall06 on June 09, 2007, 08:28:56 pm

Man opinions here have sure done a 180 regarding shibest. I doubt anyone would have said this last summer. I agree with the post though, on all the things i read it seems to indicate shibest is one of our most consistent recruiters now.

My opinion still hasn't changed about Shibest.  I think he is the best recruiter we have.  I still think he should be gone due to the special teams.  Surely we can find an assistant that will recruit and run our special teams.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Hog Fan from Camden

Shibest is a good recruiter but not a very good special teams coach.  If you look at the 2007 recruits that signed a LOI, Shibest was the recruiter on 5 of them, Malzhaun 5, Danny 3, Vaughn 2, and so on.  Maybe he should be moved from ST coach to Recruiting coordinator.

arklahoman36

Arthur Brown was on the Sports Animal in Okla on Friday, not a lot has changed since Richard talked to him, but there were a couple new things:
* He heads to check out LSU on July 19, then Florida, and then starts heading back to Kansas with stops along the way and his last one at OU. He didn't mention Ark, but it was an Okla radio show so I don't take that to be significant.
* When he returns to KS on the 29th, he said he'll sit down and narrow his list to 15 schools.