Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing McGowan

Started by hawgtime, June 07, 2007, 08:35:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgtime

who will we get this late to replace his schoolie? we don't want to add another in next years class?  would that be 9?

jhudson84

we'll save it for 09 and the load of instate talent we have that year.

Beaverfever

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 07, 2007, 08:36:35 am
Yep seems pretty obvious Cyrus made Pel choose between investing in him or in his '08 and '09 classes and he went with these recruiting classes.  If the instate talent in '09 is what everyone says then I think he made a good choice.

tbhogfan

Pelphrey needs to transition into his type of players as soon as he can. 

Cyrus is a good player, and will catch on with a good team and play well.   Redshirting a kid and thereby keeping that scholarship locked up for 3 years really isn't an option unless the coach feels the kid is a great fit for the new system.
Go Hogs!

bigt05

FBfan

This gives Pel the flexibility to offer 7 over the next 2 years vice 6.

As noted earlier the 2009 in state class already has 2 offers out to Gulley and Walton.

I like McGowan and think he could be a 8 pt/8 rb guy in the right program.  I hope he doesn't go back home to M$U.

Hawgballz

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 07, 2007, 08:36:35 am

I am going to throw out another possible option, how about a late 2007 JC signing (maybe a big body who could take up some space once we lose most of our front line after this year) and still have this scholarship available for the 2009 class.  Just a suggestion, I have not looked at what might still be available in the way of JC recruits for this year, but I think it might still be an option.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Hawgballz

Quote from: FBfan on June 07, 2007, 10:45:12 am

As noted earlier the 2009 in state class already has 2 offers out to Gulley and Walton.

I like McGowan and think he could be a 8 pt/8 rb guy in the right program.  I hope he doesn't go back home to M$U.

This does not change the number of scholarships that will be available over the next 2 years because CM's scholarship would have been available for the 2009 class already.  It just means that it is now available for a late 2007 signing or a 2008 signee.  I believe this scholly will basically be saved for 2009, although I have already suggested a late 2007 JC signing & still have this scholly for 2009.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

FBfan

Quote from: HawgBall06 on June 07, 2007, 10:53:47 am
Quote from: FBfan on June 07, 2007, 10:45:12 am

This does not change the number of scholarships that will be available over the next 2 years because CM's scholarship would have been available for the 2009 class already.  It just means that it is now available for a late 2007 signing or a 2008 signee.  I believe this scholly will basically be saved for 2009, although I have already suggested a late 2007 JC signing & still have this scholly for 2009.

Not if he would have redshirted, if that happened he doesn't leave until 2010.  The kid wanted to stay and redshirt.  Pel wanted to use that ship to sign 7 over the next 2 years.

We are done with the 2007 class, there is no one left worth offering.

slopinhogs

Coach Pel won't use all 8 next year. he will hold back a few to make a smoother flow of guys in years to come. 8 in one year is un realistic if you want to win reguarly. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

southern hawg

Quote from: slopinhogs on June 07, 2007, 07:19:06 pm
Coach Pel won't use all 8 next year. he will hold back a few to make a smoother flow of guys in years to come. 8 in one year is un realistic if you want to win reguarly. :razorback:
No kidding, that would be more recruits than six Div. 1 football programs signed this year.

Rooka

Quote from: tbhogfan on June 07, 2007, 10:35:14 am
Pelphrey needs to transition into his type of players as soon as he can. 

Cyrus is a good player, and will catch on with a good team and play well.   Redshirting a kid and thereby keeping that scholarship locked up for 3 years really isn't an option unless the coach feels the kid is a great fit for the new system.
very good point.

Harrisonhogfan

Wouldn't a walkon that does the others homework do more for the team then they got from McGowan?