Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'06 BB Class

Started by The Coletrain, June 07, 2007, 07:44:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Coletrain

Was a total waste.   :(

With McGowan getting his release today, that completes the class with Sean McCurdy already having transferred.  So we will have zero juniors on this basketball team this season.  You don't see that very often. 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

Tomhog™

I was unimpressed with the '06 class to begin with.  With only two openings, Heath should have been able to cherry pick a couple of dynamic players.  He took a chance on both of them and lost.  I don't know why Pel wouldn't allow CM to redshirt, but maybe he was looking for a reason to have him transfer.  Washington leaped over him for playing time...

Bomis Hawg

Cyrus was a top 10 center.  McCurdy came from a Hurley coached team.
Not big stretches.  McCurdy was a disappointment in an aspect that he was expected to be a good point.
His IQ was there, but lacked the physical tools. 
Cyrus never had a chance.  A semi-project.  Really needed to redshirt a year. 
Never good to whiff on someone you get instead of a top guy that is a five star.

jhudson84

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=8&c=1&nid=1882052

Dont forget Ryan Mcbride who never wore a hog uniform, and think back to Julius Lamptey

501Ben

Cyrus could have been good, but like someone said he was never really given a chance. He had a lot of forwards in the class above him, and he really needed a redshirt year, but he never liked the idea.

pcrouch3809

It's somewhat nice to have an entire year wiped out, so we have the oppurtunity to go out and snagg a large group of young players that know they can play early. 

The_Bionic_Pig

June 07, 2007, 06:37:09 pm #6 Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 06:38:43 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: pcrouch3809 on June 07, 2007, 04:48:18 pm
It's somewhat nice to have an entire year wiped out, so we have the oppurtunity to go out and snagg a large group of young players that know they can play early. 

Coach Pel is only going to use 4 maybe 5 at the most for this class and the rest on the 09' Class which will be Arkansas heavy due to the talent slated to come out that year.  I can't remember the last time Arkansas had the potential to have 2-3 McDonald AA's come out of this state in the same year.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

RZRBack_FAN

Another perfectly good reason why Stan needed to be fired!!!

HawgG

It was the '05 class that featured McCurdy, McBride, and McGowen

The '06 class is going to be the reason Pelphrey will look like a great coach, because that class features Beverley, Washington, Weems, Welsh, and Ervin.