Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adams, Wright, etc.

Started by VenturaHog, June 06, 2007, 11:19:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VenturaHog

It would make sense to me if the big time recievers in and out of state are hesitant to commit until Lee actually has a playbook to show them. Not flaming at all, just saying it would be smart of them to wait and see how we use WR's in our new scheme. If our passing game takes off then I would expect to land them.

arklahoman36

Quote from: VenturaHog on June 06, 2007, 11:19:19 pm
It would make sense to me if the big time recievers in and out of state are hesitant to commit until Lee actually has a playbook to show them. Not flaming at all, just saying it would be smart of them to wait and see how we use WR's in our new scheme. If our passing game takes off then I would expect to land them.

It certainly makes sense. Think what kind of college career Marcus Monk could have had at a school with greater balance and consistency at QB (and of course a legit second threat at WR).

If I was a highly sought after wide receiver who wanted to go to ARK, Monk would have to be in the back of my mind, and I would want to see for myself that ARK is going to strive for greater balance and take more shots downfield.

And before anyone thinks I'm taking a shot at Monk. Not the case. Even if installing a new offense, no second threat develops and/or inadequate QB play prevents him from having a break-out year, I think an impressive performance at the NFL combine would reinforce his ability with pro scouts and secure a decent draft position.

VenturaHog

I agree, Monk could easily be a first day pick, it all depends on how we use him this year and help him out with a real #2 guy.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: VenturaHog on June 06, 2007, 11:47:44 pm
I agree, Monk could easily be a first day pick, it all depends on how we use him this year and help him out with a real #2 guy.

If the passing game come to fruition watch the eye gouging numbers Robert Johnson puts up in receiving yds.  He was a 4 Star athlete who played WR/DB in the Texas All Star game.   London Crawford has all the ability in the world and is clearly the one with the most potential of the current WR lineup.   He showed flashes in spring practice,  kind like Michael Washington has been doing in the Hyper building lately.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

arklahoman36

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on June 07, 2007, 12:45:05 am
Quote from: VenturaHog on June 06, 2007, 11:47:44 pm

If the passing game come to fruition watch the eye gouging numbers Robert Johnson puts up in receiving yds.  He was a 4 Star athlete who played WR/DB in the Texas All Star game.   London Crawford has all the ability in the world and is clearly the one with the most potential of the current WR lineup.   He showed flashes in spring practice,  kind like Michael Washington has been doing in the Hyper building lately.

I agree there's potential on the roster for the development of a legit second threat. But I'm just saying, if I was a WR being recruited, I'd want to see if a passing game develops, before I jump to commit.
Even if CD isn't successful (or as successful as people would hope), I think a commitment to the passing game could be shown, that would factor in to my decision.

Pork Twain

June 07, 2007, 02:26:10 am #5 Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 05:29:07 am by BeoPig
I think it is smart to wait.  See if anything changes the first few games and maintains throughout the season.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/