Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fayetteville's Jake Fuller excited to be a Baseball Hog

Started by The Recruiting Guy, June 06, 2007, 11:12:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

June 06, 2007, 11:12:26 pm Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 11:22:26 pm by Richard Davenport
Jake Fuller is a 6-2 200 OF from 7A state champ Fayetteville HS. Jake bats left and throws right. Jake was named tri-player of the year in NWA by the Morning News along Arkansas signee Timmy Carver and Arizona St. signee Chase Huchingson. Jake committed to the Razorbacks October 11, 2006 and signed November 8, 2006.

I talked to Jake this evening and here's what he had to say.

TRG; Who recruited you for Arkansas?

Jake: Coach Butler. He's a great guy and coach. He knows what he's talking about. He said I would be part of the family and he said he would make me stronger, faster, stronger and he would help me be a better player as well as better player for the team.

TRG: What schools showed interest in you?

Jake: Missouri, UAFS, Notre Dame, Vandy, Nebraska, ORU, Crowder and Central Missouri.

TRG: What convinced you to be a Razorback?

Jake: I grew up idolizing Razorback Baseball and it's is a dream come true. They have the best facilities. It's the best fit being it's my home town and being that I feel the most comfortable. The coaches are great.

TRG: Every hitter struggles with a certain pitch. Which one do you need improvement?

Jake: The change up. I don't have a problem with the right hand curve ball because of the spin. The left hand ball is more challenging because it's spinning away from me.

TRG: What are the coaches expectations for you next year?

Jake: I'll play in the outfield. At baseball camp I was a little slower than normal at camp but other camps I've been at 6.7 to 6.8 in the sixty. I have lately been running a 6.6. I'll play where ever they want me to.  If they tell me I'm not cutting it I'll work hard to get it done.

Jake is a tireless worker. He's been known to take in two hours of batting practice after practice. Baseball scouts rate Jakes arm as a plus arm. Meaning his arm is above average for the major leagues/ SEC calbier. One of Jake's throws from the outfield has been clocked at 87-88 mph.

Jake is a very impressive young man. He comes from a great family.

Jake will be on Press Row at 8:10 Thursday.

High school stats:

Player   AB   Hits   AVG  2B  3B  HR  Runs  RBI   OB   PA   OBS   BB   HBP   K    SB
Fuller   79    36    456   8     1    2   31     25     56   94     596   13     2    12    14

Summer stats:

Hits  AB      AVG     2B   3B    HR     Runs     RBI    OB    PA      OB%      BB   HBP     K     SB
16    30    0.533     4     1      1        18      12       19     33    0.576       1     2       6     6