Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyler Wilson

Started by Lhs, June 05, 2007, 03:02:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lhs

Are the Hogs recruiting this kid?  If not, who is he interested in?

Tomhog™

Since we have commits from Youngblood and Pick, I doubt Arkansas will be pursuing him very hard.  I believe he still has an offer on the table though.  My feeling is that he will end up at Bama...

Hogstocking

Arkansas never offered him.   If he doesn't go to MLB I dont see how he could pass up LSU.

Hawg_Heaven

Nutt thought the kid threw the ball too much to be a true Razorback!

Lhs

So, LSU and who else is recruiting him?

jhudson84

Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on June 05, 2007, 03:31:01 pm
Nutt thought the kid threw the ball too much to be a true Razorback!

Why derail a thread this isnt MMQB

jhudson84

LSU, BAMA, KANSAS, AZ many more

RZRBack_FAN

Most of the more High profile Colleges are reruiting him!!

jhudson84

For those who are distraught over not offering Tyler WIlson.

How many of you were excited the day that Youngblood committed?
How many of you would be excited if Tyler Wilson committed?
How many of you would blame the coaches if we lost both kids b/c they both go early in the MLB draft.

501Ben

I think I read though on a Bama board that he is 4th or so on their list. He needs to take the LSU offer that is big time.

RZRBack_FAN

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 05, 2007, 04:36:11 pm

How many of you would blame the coaches if we lost both kids b/c they both go early in the MLB draft.

Wouldn't blame the Coaches at all!! I for one would Applaud them for at least giving it a shot. Im glad to have Youngblood and Pick but what does it hurt to offer one more when it is a In state kid? Espiecially when we are still trying to build a a fence that seems to get shorter and shorter!!!

jhudson84

Quote from: RZRBack_FAN on June 05, 2007, 04:40:55 pm

Wouldn't blame the Coaches at all!! I for one would Applaud them for at least giving it a shot. Im glad to have Youngblood and Pick but what does it hurt to offer one more when it is a In state kid? Espiecially when we are still trying to build a a fence that seems to get shorter and shorter!!!

Three qb's this year, 2 last year, they are really high on Phillip Butterfield soph. from Lake Hamilton.  You cant give an offer just b/c its an in state kid espically when you have 2 committments from great players so early in the process.  With needs out there like CB and DT, we have to use these scholarships wisely.

Wes Craven

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 05, 2007, 04:50:28 pm
Quote from: RZRBack_FAN on June 05, 2007, 04:40:55 pm

Three qb's this year, 2 last year, they are really high on Phillip Butterfield soph. from Lake Hamilton.  You cant give an offer just b/c its an in state kid espically when you have 2 committments from great players so early in the process.  With needs out there like CB and DT, we have to use these scholarships wisely.

Pick is a classic Razorback recruit. We beat out a bunch of middle of the pack teams from the power conferences to get him. We are using the baseball excuse not to offer Wilson because he is a Spread QB type quarterback and there is essentially no way we get him anyway. Yet another example of the ineptness of the Razorback recruiting effort.

Lhs

The reason I asked about Wilson is because a buddy of mine from Mizzou said that he was in town for a camp that Mizzou was running and made an "unofficial visit" at the same time. 

BadDogGHSDogPound

Current offers for Wilson are

Alabama, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Minnesota, Kansas, Arizona, Hawaii, Tulsa, and New Mexico. More are expected soon.

He visited Missouri and Kansas last weekend and will be going to LSU this coming weekend. He attended the Alabama spring game and was given the Royal treatment by Alabama while there.

He plans to commit before high school football begins in the fall to focus on Greenwood's season as they go for their third straight state championship and fourth straight final appearance.
2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2023 State Football Champions Greenwood Bulldogs. Follow The Bulldogs On www.GreenwoodDogPound.com

Tomhog™

Man, he'd fit in well at Hawaii.  I'm surprised TTech isn't in the offers.  It's just a simple fact that Wilson doesn't fit into the offense the Nutt wants to run.  I don't think Wilson would be happy at Arkansas and don't think he'd take a schollie if given one.  I wish him luck wherever he goes...

jhudson84

I hope he does great, but never plays a down in the SEC ;)

Landonhog

Quote from: Tomcat on June 06, 2007, 03:24:13 pm
Man, he'd fit in well at Hawaii.  I'm surprised TTech isn't in the offers.  It's just a simple fact that Wilson doesn't fit into the offense the Nutt wants to run.  I don't think Wilson would be happy at Arkansas and don't think he'd take a schollie if given one.  I wish him luck wherever he goes...

Hawaii would be perfect... 

I'm pretty happy with Youngblood and Pick...  Wilson would be a plus, but not necessary at this point.  I can think of a few other positions where we have greater needs.