Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Pg Prospect

Started by jhudson84, June 05, 2007, 02:33:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan45

nice to see us in on a big time PG.

now hopefully we can land a good PG or two.

TRUHOG718

I like how JP is going after these guys....  Hes not BS'ing around hes recruiting like a man on a mission... GOtta Love That....
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

BleedsBlue

I am glad Kentucky is finally getting an Elite summer Camp which will be held at our new Craft practice facility.  Fortson is planning on attending.  He has not been offered a scholly yet from UK so cannot read his interest.  Sounds like a good player.  UA needs some depth at PG so maybe he sees a fit with you guys.
Did Pelphrey ever sign anyone for 07 as a PG?

TRUHOG718

June 05, 2007, 03:30:57 pm #4 Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 03:32:59 pm by TRUHOG718
Quote from: BleedsBlue on June 05, 2007, 03:24:51 pm
I am glad Kentucky is finally getting an Elite summer Camp which will be held at our new Craft practice facility.  Fortson is planning on attending.  He has not been offered a scholly yet from UK so cannot read his interest.  Sounds like a good player.  UA needs some depth at PG so maybe he sees a fit with you guys.
Did Pelphrey ever sign anyone for 07 as a PG?
Marcus Britt is coming in to run the point.. He is listed as a two but I think he is playing point guard for his AAU team.... I would have wanted to have a true PG but from what I heard Britt is a winner, is good at the point, and is a very coachable so Im hoping he improves at the pg position and it works out because Ervin makes me nervous just watching him run the fast break...Maybe the competition will light an unseen fire under Ervin though... I sure hope so...>WPS
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

jhudson84

Marcus Britt who was let out of his LOI with LA TECH, is a combo guard but plans to play the point for the hogs.  Many think he will be a career backup unless he is a late bloomer and I would agree.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: jhudson84 on June 05, 2007, 03:31:58 pm
Marcus Britt who was let out of his LOI with LA TECH, is a combo guard but plans to play the point for the hogs.  Many think he will be a career backup unless he is a late bloomer and I would agree.

im glad we got him late just for depth purposes.

jhudson84

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on June 05, 2007, 03:51:58 pm

im glad we got him late just for depth purposes.

AGREE, good pickup for what was left.

BleedsBlue

Isn't he an Arkansas kid?  You all needed someone this year to back up Ervin because the times I have seen him play he does tend to play out of control.  '08 will be an important recruiting year for the Hogs especially in the front court when you lose all of your bigs this year.

jhudson84

Eastern arkansas (Forrest City)

jbhicks

Fortson listed his top three as Tennessee, Missouri and Florida State. He is also being recruited by Minnesota, Kentucky, and us. He will be attending The Patterson School next year.