Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My BB Recruiting wishlist

Started by Razorod, June 04, 2007, 09:20:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

By my count the 08 class will have six scholarships available for new talent. Michael Washington is also a possibility to go pro after the upcoming season as well making seven a real possibility.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of classes of over five players in them. To me it creates an unbalanced roster and chemistry issues (at least one position has more than one player in it). I also think Pel will save at least one scholarship for the 09 class since there is a lot of in-state talent in it. So I think he signs five if every one who's supposed to come back does, and six if someone like Washington turns pro. With a class this large, at least one, possibly two will probably be JUCOs.

Here's my projection/wish list:

1. A juco big. Don't know names here. Willing for someone to fill me in.
2. Terrance Henry--combo forward from what I can tell. Borderline top 50 player from Monroe, LA. Rob Evans is the connection.
3. DeAndre Liggins--Pel will have to establish a relationship. really a point forward type of player, should be excellent in a full-court system. Hopefully Beverly can keep him interested long enough for Pel to establish the relationship. Top 25-30 player from Chicago.
4. Rotnie Clark--excellent shooter, top 100 from NE Oklahoma. Can't think of a better system for him than Pelphrey's. Must establish a relationship with him. Travis Ford type player?
5. Andre Clark--emerging prospect from NLR. Dudley had article on him back in April. Seems to be generating interest from Arkansas and other high major programs. Will be worth watching over this summer. Listed at 6-10, 190 by Scout and the 19th rated center prospect in 08 class. Will be interesting to watch his recruitment.

Here are my picks for the 08 class. I think we have a reasonable shot with each one and a need. What do you guys think?
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

mbgrulz

well, it being a wishlist, i have to add Willie Warren. it seems he becomes less and less likely to call the hogs each day though. clarke will be a huge pick-up if we can get him. we'll need a big time PG in 08 too.

jhudson84

HAVE  to have a pg, if its the kid from Rice HS in Ny or Warren, or letting Liggins play the 1.  Must have.

jhudson84

...and dont forget about Trent from WA, big time player.

Hog Fan from Camden

I would have to add Willie Warren to the list or wishlist.

The_Bionic_Pig

If I were a guessing man just simply based off speculation here is my list:

Kemba Walker
Clarence Trent (Close friends with Sanchez)
Rotnei Clarke (Come on Grandma)
Terence Henry (AAu connection)

We will go 5 deep if we have the opportunity to sign a huge impact player like DeAndre Liggins, Willie Warren or Romero Osby.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HawgG

This is who I see Arkansas getting:
Terrance Joyner out of Mendenhall(Ms)will be the PG

Arkansas and New Mexico are his favorites.

Clarence Trent- for the reasons Stewie mentioned.

Andre Clark-I believe he is a Razorbacks fan so there you go. Although my gut tells me he will be another Magnum Rolle.

There will be a couple of JC recruits but their names have not been made public.

Razorod

Quote from: HawgG on June 05, 2007, 12:49:06 am
This is who I see Arkansas getting:
Terrance Joyner out of Mendenhall(Ms)will be the PG

Arkansas and New Mexico are his favorites.
I do believe that Pelphrey will have to establish himself as a coach before we can expect McDonald All-Americans. Again, one of Heath's faults was perhaps shooting too high too soon. The three you mentioned would all be very solid pickups, plus 09 looks to be a great in-state talent year. I believe Pelphrey will at least try to have three scholarships to work with for 09.

Clarence Trent- for the reasons Stewie mentioned.

Andre Clark-I believe he is a Razorbacks fan so there you go. Although my gut tells me he will be another Magnum Rolle.

There will be a couple of JC recruits but their names have not been made public.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

hawgtime

what ever happened to that webpage that showed the potential recruits for the upcoming four years?  it was very informal and showed pics with a paragraph on each.

does anybody still have it?

thanks

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: hawgtime on June 07, 2007, 11:25:31 am
what ever happened to that webpage that showed the potential recruits for the upcoming four years?  it was very informal and showed pics with a paragraph on each.

does anybody still have it?

thanks

I created and deleted it after Coach Pelphrey was hired and decided to start from scratch.... Jhudson84 & HawgG are nothing short of amazing when it comes to basketball recruiting info....no need for it.  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*