Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arthur and Brice Brown

Started by Hogtide, June 03, 2007, 06:07:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtide

According to the latest rivals article both brothers will visit Arkansas this summer on a southern tour of schools.  I doubt we'll get either but it's nice to know that some big time prospects are taking a peek.

The Coletrain

It's great for this staff to be able to attract top talent on campus.  That's the whole point of all the letters, phone calls, and text messages - get 'em on campus!! 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Hogtide on June 03, 2007, 06:07:29 pm
According to the latest rivals article both brothers will visit Arkansas this summer on a southern tour of schools.  I doubt we'll get either but it's nice to know that some big time prospects are taking a peek.

These young men are big time.  Congratulations to the staff for getting them on campus, now stay after them and sell them on the program.  Make sure that they get some of those beans (I hear that is 1 of our best recruiting tools).   ;)
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: HawgBall06 on June 04, 2007, 10:22:44 am

These young men are big time.  Congratulations to the staff for getting them on campus, now stay after them and sell them on the program.  Make sure that they get some of those beans (I hear that is 1 of our best recruiting tools).   ;)

No chance to land Arthur Brown

southern hawg

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on June 04, 2007, 11:07:32 am

These young men are big time.  Congratulations to the staff for getting them on campus, now stay after them and sell them on the program.  Make sure that they get some of those beans (I hear that is 1 of our best recruiting tools).   ;)

As long as he is willing to visit campus, we have a chance.  Don't underestimate the impact our facilities have on these guys.  Getting him on campus to tour our facilities and weight room is HUGE.

Hawgballz

Why do folks always want to immediately jump in with the "we have no chance" for every national recruit that is mentioned on this site.  I am being serious, if you do not have personal knowledge of this recruit then how do you know for sure that we don't have a chance.  I hope our fans & coaching staff pursue every recruit at least until that recruit lets us know we don't have a shot and I have seen nothing from the Brown brothers that lets me know we don't have a chance.

southern hawg

June 04, 2007, 11:51:50 am #6 Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 11:55:26 am by southern hawg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tZnlRw_xbyc&mode=related&search=

This kid is a FREAK.  There are several more links next to the video that contain footage of both Bryce and Arthur.

Hogtide

Quote from: HawgBall06 on June 04, 2007, 11:51:19 am

Why do folks always want to immediately jump in with the "we have no chance" for every national recruit that is mentioned on this site.  I am being serious, if you do not have personal knowledge of this recruit then how do you know for sure that we don't have a chance.  I hope our fans & coaching staff pursue every recruit at least until that recruit lets us know we don't have a shot and I have seen nothing from the Brown brothers that lets me know we don't have a chance.

I like to think we have a chance if we can get them on campus but WuTang is right there is about a 1% chance that either comes here.  From what I can tell Arthur is OU bound.   Still it's a chance.

Break & Run

Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Hogtide

Hawgballz

Quote from: Hogtide on June 04, 2007, 12:14:21 pm

I like to think we have a chance if we can get them on campus but WuTang is right there is about a 1% chance that either comes here.  From what I can tell Arthur is OU bound.   Still it's a chance.

I agree our chances are long, but why focus on the negative.  His high interest in OU is exactly what I am talking about.  It is my understanding that he does not really want to go East coast or West coast, he wants to stay some where in the midwest, so our location compared to OU is about equal.  I know I am somewhat of a homer, but playing in the SEC has to be more appealing than the Big 12, although more of his road games would be closer to his family in the Big 12.  Also with our facilities & success putting defensive players in the NFL, we should at least be able to get a foot in the door and hold his attention for a while.  All I am saying is we shouldn't immediately sell ourselves short everytime a national recruit mentions Arkansas.

Hogtide

Quote from: HawgBall06 on June 04, 2007, 01:14:38 pm

I like to think we have a chance if we can get them on campus but WuTang is right there is about a 1% chance that either comes here.  From what I can tell Arthur is OU bound.   Still it's a chance.

I agree our chances are long, but why focus on the negative.  His high interest in OU is exactly what I am talking about.  It is my understanding that he does not really want to go East coast or West coast, he wants to stay some where in the midwest, so our location compared to OU is about equal.  I know I am somewhat of a homer, but playing in the SEC has to be more appealing than the Big 12, although more of his road games would be closer to his family in the Big 12.  Also with our facilities & success putting defensive players in the NFL, we should at least be able to get a foot in the door and hold his attention for a while.  All I am saying is we shouldn't immediately sell ourselves short everytime a national recruit mentions Arkansas.

I agree our facilities could light up the eyes of any recruit in the country but we don't even come close to comparing with OU when it comes to putting defensive players in the NFL.  It's not even close.  I'm not selling myself short but it's been know for quite some time Arthur really likes OU.

Hogstocking

Quote from: Hogtide on June 04, 2007, 01:20:46 pm

I agree our facilities could light up the eyes of any recruit in the country but we don't even come close to comparing with OU when it comes to putting defensive players in the NFL.  It's not even close.

How is it "not even close"?

In the last 10 years OU has sent 24 defensive players into the draft.  Arkansas has sent 17 defensive players into the draft.  And in that same time frame, their highest defensive draft pick (Roy Williams) went #8, just like us.  Also in that same time frame, OU has had 3 defensive players go in the first round.   Arkansas has had 2.

I dont think we'll get him, but if he likes OU he likes OU.  If he wants to go to a school known as an NFL producing factory, he'd have Miami #1 on his list.

Hog Fan from Camden

Looking at his highlight film, this kid could be something special!  I hope he chooses Arkansas.

IcEwalker

wouldn't it be awesome if we were able to land this guy. wow, he would be a star on our defense.

Hawgballz

Quote from: IcEwalker on June 04, 2007, 01:46:46 pm
wouldn't it be awesome if we were able to land this guy. wow, he would be a star on our defense.

Not only would he be a star, but it would give us a leg up on his brother who will likely be the highest rated RB recruit next year, if not the top recruit in the nation period.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: HawgBall06 on June 04, 2007, 02:04:50 pm

Not only would he be a star, but it would give us a leg up on his brother who will likely be the highest rated RB recruit next year, if not the top recruit in the nation period.

With all of the RB's we have on campus and that we are recruiting right now, he would likely be the only one we need for 2009.

southern hawg

Can you imagine having Arthur Brown and Jermaine Love together at the LB position?

Hogtide

Quote from: Hogstocking on June 04, 2007, 01:38:00 pm
Quote from: Hogtide on June 04, 2007, 01:20:46 pm

I agree our facilities could light up the eyes of any recruit in the country but we don't even come close to comparing with OU when it comes to putting defensive players in the NFL.  It's not even close.

How is it "not even close"?

In the last 10 years OU has sent 24 defensive players into the draft.  Arkansas has sent 17 defensive players into the draft.  And in that same time frame, their highest defensive draft pick (Roy Williams) went #8, just like us.  Also in that same time frame, OU has had 3 defensive players go in the first round.   Arkansas has had 2.

I dont think we'll get him, but if he likes OU he likes OU.  If he wants to go to a school known as an NFL producing factory, he'd have Miami #1 on his list.

Miami is high on his list.  Here's a comparison of where OU players get drafted vs. Arkansas

OU              Ark
1st- 3         1st- 2
2nd- 4        2nd-4
3rd- 5         3rd-1
4th- 1         4th-1
5th- 5         5th-2
6th- 3         6th-2
7th- 1         7th-5

In addition to having more players drafted If you'll notice 54.5% of Oklahoma's defensive players go in the first 3 rounds compared to 41.1% of Arkansas.  Each have nine drafted from the 5th to the 7th.  The difference:  OU has 5 in the fifth and Arkansas has 5 in the 7th.  It is closer than I suspected though.

Realist

Our linebackers are going to be dominant as long as Herring is here.  He has built up a great crop this year.  He doesn't care at all about the stars and he knows what he wants in a linebacker.  As proof by Ryan Powers, Freddy Burton, and him offering Smith and recruiting him personally.

jhudson84

Freddy Burton is going be a Fairchild type player and should be solid.

The Boar War

Looking at the youtube clips it looks like that kids has been shot out of a cannon.  He has nice hands too.  I hope we can get him. 

AlcoHOGic

No chance you have any idea what you're talking about.

Hawgballz

Quote from: AlcoHOGic on June 05, 2007, 08:29:31 am

No chance you have any idea what you're talking about.

Hey AlcoHOGic, that girl in your avatar looks like she might not be a bad recruiting tool.  Is that the girl I have seen in the Tavern wearing a t-shirt that well, to put it kindly (family friendly) shows support for the Hogs by offering personal relations?

Beaverfever

Quote from: southern hawg on June 04, 2007, 02:19:54 pm
Can you imagine having Arthur Brown and Jermaine Love together at the LB position?
Don't forget Fairchild is only a Soph