Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Richard

Started by Hogtide, May 31, 2007, 03:33:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtide

Do you get the impression Adams is leaning toward OU?  A lot of OU fans think he's a lock to go there.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Hogtide on May 31, 2007, 03:33:07 pm
Do you get the impression Adams is leaning toward OU?  A lot of OU fans think he's a lock to go there.

Joe hasn't told me this but I get the feeling he's leaning elsewhere.

Hogtide

Noticed Florida offered today. 

sauce

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 31, 2007, 03:38:48 pm

Elsewhere?  As in not OU or not Arkansas?

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: sauce on May 31, 2007, 03:42:03 pm

Elsewhere. Just a gut feeling.

HogKong

May 31, 2007, 03:54:58 pm #5 Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 03:56:32 pm by HogKong
Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 31, 2007, 03:44:57 pm

Elsewhere=USC

thahawg

This is just such a disappointment. Joe could come to Arkansas and be worshiped, but if he goes out of state to USC, OU, or Florida he is just another 4-star to them.

ArkansasI

I hope he stays home.  A Heisman Trophy might improve our chances with a lot of recruits.

Go D-Mac!

Hollywood_HOGan45

alot of ou fans are idiots

Hogtide

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 31, 2007, 10:48:39 pm

alot of ou fans are idiots

LOL, I agree with you, but after reading some of the crap that comes through the MMQB forum I can say wholeheartedly that Arkansas has its fair share of idiotic fans too.

cosmodrum

Quote from: HogKong on May 31, 2007, 03:54:58 pm
Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 31, 2007, 03:44:57 pm

Elsewhere=USC

I betcha a coke and a smile that he'll be a Trojan.

Quick, lock the fence gate before another dog gets loose!
Go away, batin'

TheHogFan

Don't count out DJ Williams and Cruz, they are both very strong player recruiters.

mrcrowley

Quote from: TheHogFan on June 01, 2007, 02:24:39 pm
Don't count out DJ Williams and Cruz, they are both very strong player recruiters.
refresh my memory....who gets paid to do that?

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: mrcrowley on June 01, 2007, 02:42:17 pm
Quote from: TheHogFan on June 01, 2007, 02:24:39 pm
refresh my memory....who gets paid to do that?

For USC it's Reggie Bush

TMc

I work in the same industry as his uncle.., and he told me last year.., he didn't think Joe would go to Arkansas.  But he did say he wasn't sure.  His uncle thinks the kid just kind of wants to go out of state.  It seems (by reading between the lines).., he's looking for something a little more flashy.  I mean this as nothing against Houston or the kid.  Some people just want different things.  I never had posted anything on this.., until more came out about him.., but it looks like his uncle was right.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: TMc on June 01, 2007, 03:54:49 pm
I work in the same industry as his uncle.., and he told me last year.., he didn't think Joe would go to Arkansas.  But he did say he wasn't sure.  His uncle thinks the kid just kind of wants to go out of state.  It seems (by reading between the lines).., he's looking for something a little more flashy.  I mean this as nothing against Houston or the kid.  Some people just want different things.  I never had posted anything on this.., until more came out about him.., but it looks like his uncle was right.

Tmc, I'm sorry but your post makes way too much sense to be on this board.  Many people just don't understand that, not everyone who grows up in Arkansas wants to stay in Arkansas.  Some people want to break the mold and be different.  There are times when Houston Nutt does not do a good job of recruiting such as the Broderick Green situation, but if a prospect like Joe or anyone else wants to go out of state, that is just the way it is, and the ignorant fan base in Arkansas just does not seem to understand that. That is why I think the statements made by Houston Nutt in the first place about the fence was unrealistic. 

Tomhog™

I don't think the offense we have requires or can handle superstar WRs.  It would be great to have him, but I have had the feeling for some time that he won't end up at Arkansas...