Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren or Clarke?

Started by The Boar War, May 29, 2007, 05:41:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Boar War

Of course the wish is that we could get both but with the amount of offers these kids are getting either one would be good.  So here's the question: Would you rather have Willie Warren or Rotnei Clarke?

BleedsBlue

May 29, 2007, 06:04:58 pm #1 Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 06:09:52 pm by BleedsBlue
Warren has the hops and already has a D1 body.  Clarke is probably the best natural shooter in AAU ball today.  Different players that could easily co-exist on the same team with Warren at PG and Clark at SG.
I posted a thread earlier about both players future college teams lists.
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=138035.0

IcEwalker

is there really a chance we could get one of these guys? it doesnt seem that they mention us.

The Boar War

Quote from: IcEwalker on May 29, 2007, 06:20:00 pm
is there really a chance we could get one of these guys? it doesnt seem that they mention us.

We have been mentioned by both of these players.  We weren't mentioned in the link above.  Probably not a very good sign but these guys are getting so much buzz that they have the luxury to change their minds at will.  For the record I would rather have Rotnei Clarke.   

Landonhog

Hog Fan from Camden

Warren......Tough choice though!

HawgG

Not a tough choice at all,,, Willie Warren is the type of kid that takes a team to a a championship level.

Clarke is a good player, great compliment player, but Warren can carry a team in stretches when things haven't been going well.

Warren is also great at 3 positions, PG, SG, and SF.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: TheHOGDog_111 on May 29, 2007, 07:40:00 pm
Warren......Tough choice though!

This is not even a comparison.  Rotnei Clarke is good and has Lee Humphrey written all over him, but Willie Warren will be a 1st round pick in the NBA.  Warren is a 5 star and one of the top 10 players in the country.  

mbgrulz

i think warren simply because he can offer you more. he can give you hard nosed defense, the ability to slash, and we all know that you are not a 5 star guard with no shooting ability.

clarke is the player we have all longed for. he would be a fan favorite from day 1.

hmm...i'll take bof 'em.

BleedsBlue

Quote from: IcEwalker on May 29, 2007, 06:20:00 pm

Unless they both commit this summer UA still has a shot.  The longer they drag out the process the better your chances.  If they commit early it would not be in your favor.

Warren to me is by far the better choice of the two and a player that could take a team to a national championship.  I see him in college no more than 2 years.  If he was a biggie than he would be a one and done, but most guards stay in school for at least 2 years.  Rondo for UK for instance stayed 2 years, but probably could have gone early.  Now he is tearing it up for the Celtics.
Clarke is a supplement player.  He needs a good PG to be on his team. He definitely has the stroke and will drain some 3's even with added distance to the 3 pt line.  He would be a crowd favorite, but Warren is a championship maker.  Clarke's defense is suspect compared to Warren.
Warren going to Oak Hill Academy will further improve his game.  With that move I think that will hurt the chances of Clarke and Warren going to the same team as a package deal.
Until they begin making some on-campus visits the short list will continue to change.