Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kale Pick is a Razorback

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 26, 2007, 06:09:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

May 26, 2007, 06:09:13 pm Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 06:13:36 pm by Richard Davenport
Just got a text from Kale saying he's excited to be a Razorback.

Kale texted me back saying he committed this morning to Coach Nutt and Coach Lee.

351hog

May 26, 2007, 06:13:42 pm #1 Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 06:14:47 pm by Richard Davenport
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIE!!!!!

2 Qb's committed this early in the recruiting process can do nothing but help.....

jpenrod1

that is great news. i am ready to see how good he will be. we obviously thought he was better than wilson. I think our 10 wins are really helping us this year. Lee seems to be helping as well.

Proud Hog

Great.From watching his game film,I think he will do a great job in coach lee's offense.Welcome to the family Kale!!!

VenturaHog

Man this is awesome news. Go Hogs!

VenturaHog

once again you are ahead of scout and rivals on this news, awesome work richard.

Hollywood_HOGan45

cool

as many QBs as we will have, surely we can develop one of them into being a downfield passer.

good news for the football hogs

jpenrod1

Quote from: RZRBack_FAN on May 26, 2007, 06:37:55 pm
If you compare His numbers to Wilson's numbers there not even close. Yet we wont even offer Wilson!!!  38 rushing yds on 46 attempts are you kidding me. 1700 yds passing. Nice to See Houston still has an eye for the great ones!!!
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=60643&sport=1

Wilson has threw for 4000 yds and 50 tds his jr year  yet no offer!!!  And people wonder Why Nutt Cant recruit!!!
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=56871

We already have one potential baseball player, it would not be wise to have 2. Personally i still would have offered wilson, but i see why they didnt.

jackflash

I like the Wilson kid, seen him play, still would not offer two scholarships to kids with with that much pro baseball talent in one year not smart, money talks everyelse well you know

Oklahawg

Can't we celebrate the commit of a high-profile out-of-state QB without ripping the recruiting practices of HDN or making a sideways slap at the commit?

I'm thrilled about this commit and could care less about the process of selection by the staff.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

VenturaHog

Quote from: Oklahawg on May 26, 2007, 06:55:31 pm
Can't we celebrate the commit of a high-profile out-of-state QB without ripping the recruiting practices of HDN or making a sideways slap at the commit?

I'm thrilled about this commit and could care less about the process of selection by the staff.

Totally agree okla, leave politics out of it, lets not spoil landing a big out of state recruit with petty stuff.

pigture perfect

I'm for anyone who chooses to be a Razorback. Welcome KP.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hollywood_HOGan45

wilson plays in a passing offense.

maybe we dont like QBs that play in a high powered passing offense.

maybe Pick fits the nutt offense better than wilson.

good luck to the pick kid in the future

Pork Twain

If you compare His numbers to Wilson's numbers there not even close. Yet we wont even offer Wilson!!!  38 rushing yds on 46 attempts are you kidding me. 1700 yds passing. Nice to See Houston still has an eye for the great ones!!!

Wilson has threw for 4000 yds and 50 tds his jr year  yet no offer!!!  And people wonder Why Nutt Cant recruit!!!
Go back to MMQB...
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

VenturaHog

sshermanus

Quote from: VenturaHog on May 26, 2007, 06:29:33 pm
once again you are ahead of scout and rivals on this news, awesome work richard.

He wasn't ahead of Rivals.

hawgbawb

Great news! Welcome Mr. Pick!
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

Hawgballz

Quote from: sshermanus on May 26, 2007, 07:26:08 pm

The first thing I did when I saw TRG's post was go to rivals and check the view prospect and they still showed Pick as uncommitted.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

VenturaHog

Quote from: HawgBall06 on May 26, 2007, 07:28:46 pm

The first thing I did when I saw TRG's post was go to rivals and check the view prospect and they still showed Pick as uncommitted.

Same here, went to rivals then scout, no news, no change in his commitment status.

razorbass

Great News, Richard you are the man!!!!!!!

pig_sooie

Just because it doesn't say in his profile he's committed doesn't mean Rivals didn't know about it. Otis Kirk broke the news early in the afternoon.

ksrazorback

This is a good find... This is from the Purple Pride K-State

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=173&p=8&c=1&nid=2861462
Kale is the ultimate student of the game and a big reason for the Dodge City High School turnaround this past season when the Red Demons finished with a 6-3 record, their first winning record in 12 years. The junior set or broke nearly every passing record at DCHS this past season when he threw for 1,779 yards and 19 touchdowns, while throwing just six interceptions and completing 55 percent of his passes.

"I know the game and have great accuracy," Pick said. "I'm a good dual-threat quarterback and have quick feet. I can throw on the run and have a strong arm.
"I want to improve all around. There's nothing that I wouldn't want to do better," he said. "I just want to learn more about the game, improve my technique and read defenses faster."
"I'd rather commit before my senior year. I'm trying to graduate early so that I can be available for spring ball."
He reports a 3.6 core GPA, but has not scheduled his SAT or ACT yet.

"Kansas passes the ball a lot too and I like how they run the no-huddle," he said. "They do a lot of fast breaks too and they are a team on the rise."

Kale has rewritten some record books with his passing abilities. OU, KU & K-State is extremely high on this kid.... So if he in fact does become a Razorback, this will be a great steal.
Welcome Kale Pick, welcome to Razorback Nation!!

:razorback:   Go Razorbacks ~ Go D-MAC      :razorback:    :razorback:

Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

The Coletrain

Congrats to Kale on his college selection.  Welcome to the program!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

And congrats to the coaching staff for landing a highly touted out-of-stater this early in the process.  To have both of your QBs committed before you get out of May can only help with the rest of the offensive class. 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

The Coletrain

Quote from: ksrazorback on May 26, 2007, 08:19:07 pm
This is a good find... This is from the Purple Pride K-State

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=173&p=8&c=1&nid=2861462
Kale is the ultimate student of the game and a big reason for the Dodge City High School turnaround this past season when the Red Demons finished with a 6-3 record, their first winning record in 12 years. The junior set or broke nearly every passing record at DCHS this past season when he threw for 1,779 yards and 19 touchdowns, while throwing just six interceptions and completing 55 percent of his passes.

"I know the game and have great accuracy," Pick said. "I'm a good dual-threat quarterback and have quick feet. I can throw on the run and have a strong arm.
"I want to improve all around. There's nothing that I wouldn't want to do better," he said. "I just want to learn more about the game, improve my technique and read defenses faster."
"I'd rather commit before my senior year. I'm trying to graduate early so that I can be available for spring ball."
He reports a 3.6 core GPA, but has not scheduled his SAT or ACT yet.

"Kansas passes the ball a lot too and I like how they run the no-huddle," he said. "They do a lot of fast breaks too and they are a team on the rise."

Kale has rewritten some record books with his passing abilities. OU, KU & K-State is extremely high on this kid.... So if he in fact does become a Razorback, this will be a great steal.
Welcome Kale Pick, welcome to Razorback Nation!!

:razorback:   Go Razorbacks ~ Go D-MAC      :razorback:    :razorback:

Following up on your point, I know Iowa State was really high on this guy, too.  He was one of their top QB targets in this class.  And if 1,700+ yards sets the career passing mark for his high school, I think it's more than likely this guy is very effecient (55% completions and only six INTs) in a predominately run-oriented offense.  Should fit in perfectly with what DLee is trying to implement.   

ksrazorback

Quote from: The Coletrain on May 26, 2007, 08:26:24 pm
Quote from: ksrazorback on May 26, 2007, 08:19:07 pm

Following up on your point, I know Iowa State was really high on this guy, too.  He was one of their top QB targets in this class.  And if 1,700+ yards sets the career passing mark for his high school, I think it's more than likely this guy is very effecient (55% completions and only six INTs) in a predominately run-oriented offense.  Should fit in perfectly with what DLee is trying to implement.   

Yea, this kid sounds a bit like another QB we had, Matt Jones but Kale may be a better passer... but who knows at this point.
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

BayofPigs

What does this mean "38 rushing yds on 46 attempts "  ?
Did he get sacked a lot?

bigyellowdog

toshortrock

i welcome him,i just wish i understood how nutt thinks about things
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

The Coletrain

Quote from: BayofPigs on May 26, 2007, 08:45:48 pm
Did he get sacked a lot?

Probably.  In high school they don't count sacks against attempts, but they do subtract the total from your yards.  It would kill me in HS, I'd rush for 125 or so yards but get sacked four times for -29 and it would cost me a 100 yard game.  But I guess at my age I should build a bridge and get over it.   ;)

Landonhog

Welcome aboard Kale!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

HeathWimp

Houston is a fine Christian man.  We should trust him.  Wilson may have good numbers, but I don't think that he has what it takes to be successful in Nutt's offense.  And for those who say that we didn't recruit Wilson because we have no chance of landing him, that's ridiculous.  Arkansas kids love Houston, and love the Razorbacks.  It would have been Wilson's great privelege to be a Razorback if he had met Houston's criteria.
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

Porkahontas

I'm glad to have Pick on board. Hopefully he'll do well here.

That said, why in the holy hell has Wilson not been offered, unless Nutt already knows he won't play for him and he's saving face by not even offering. That way, the sheep and mouthpieces can say "we didn't want him anyhow" and it won't be an embarassment when a player leaves for greener pastures.

bigguy551122

congrats to mr pick , welcome to the hog family
perfection is all i expect.

HawgG

Quote from: The Coletrain on May 26, 2007, 08:22:29 pm
Congrats to Kale on his college selection.  Welcome to the program!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

And congrats to the coaching staff for landing a highly touted out-of-stater this early in the process.  To have both of your QBs committed before you get out of May can only help with the rest of the offensive class. 

I agree.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: VenturaHog on May 26, 2007, 07:33:07 pm

Same here, went to rivals then scout, no news, no change in his commitment status.

Someone who is a premium member on Otis Kirk's board, told me that he committed at around 1:00pm, which is well before it was on this board.   

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: RoyalHog on May 26, 2007, 09:34:15 pm

That said, why in the holy hell has Wilson not been offered, unless Nutt already knows he won't play for him and he's saving face by not even offering. That way, the sheep and mouthpieces can say "we didn't want him anyhow" and it won't be an embarassment when a player leaves for greener pastures.

Quote from: The Coletrain on May 26, 2007, 08:47:54 pm
Did he get sacked a lot?

Probably.  In high school they don't count sacks against attempts, but they do subtract the total from your yards.  It would kill me in HS, I'd rush for 125 or so yards but get sacked four times for -29 and it would cost me a 100 yard game.  But I guess at my age I should build a bridge and get over it.   ;)

His offensive line is terrible.  He is running for his life on his highlight film.  He needs to work on his mechanics but he does have a strong arm.  He will be a project, but the offense that Pick runs, looks exactly like David Lee's.  He is a better fit than Tyler Wilson in the Razorbacks offense.  The smart decision for Tyler Wilson would be to find a school that suits his abilities which I don't think Arkansas does. 

501Ben

This was posted on rivals at noon today.

501Ben

It was posted on the payboards this morning. They just haven't released an article about it.

Hawgballz

Quote from: 501Ben on May 27, 2007, 12:54:00 am

It was posted on the payboards this morning. They just haven't released an article about it.

I am happier with the info that I got and the subscription fee that I pay for hogville.   ;)

Pork Twain

Quote from: 501Ben on May 27, 2007, 12:52:55 am

It was posted here at 08:09:13 AM and we all got it for free.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hawgballz

Quote from: BeoPig on May 27, 2007, 01:21:43 am
Quote from: 501Ben on May 27, 2007, 12:52:55 am

It was posted here at 086:09:13 APM and we all got it for free.

I know what you meant and I am loving it.  Great info at a great price.

doc_hogiday7

a QB named pick....that is very interesting.

Remember the last major dual threat prospect we stole from kansas state who was "highly touted?"

Not knocking, just saying. This may turn out better....i hope it will. Go Hogs

Shocktheman

online-with-swine

Quote from: IcEwalker on May 25, 2007, 11:48:13 am
go watch his highlight film before commenting on him. his name is Kale Pick.

Took your advice and watched his, Pick's, highlight film yesterday.  I am actually impressed witht he guy.  I think it is the second or third pass where he put right in the reciever's hands at the goal line from his 43 yard line.  Thats 57 yards in the air without even looking like he was trying.  On one of Wilson's passes he appeared to be straining to just get it 45 yards in the air.  I think Pick is a good pick-up and ahs a strong /lively arm.

Razorod

Quote from: doc_hogiday7 on May 27, 2007, 05:54:27 am
a QB named pick....that is very interesting.

Remember the last major dual threat prospect we stole from kansas state who was "highly touted?"

Not knocking, just saying. This may turn out better....i hope it will. Go Hogs
Here's for hoping that he is more like Stoerner than the qb you're referring to.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

jrodell

He confirmed it before Otis, but Otis did say a commitment was likely to come later that day around 12:30pm. He never verified it later that day though.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on May 27, 2007, 12:41:01 am
Quote from: RoyalHog on May 26, 2007, 09:34:15 pm

Quote from: The Coletrain on May 26, 2007, 08:47:54 pm
Did he get sacked a lot?

Probably.  In high school they don't count sacks against attempts, but they do subtract the total from your yards.  It would kill me in HS, I'd rush for 125 or so yards but get sacked four times for -29 and it would cost me a 100 yard game.  But I guess at my age I should build a bridge and get over it.   ;)

His offensive line is terrible.  He is running for his life on his highlight film.  He needs to work on his mechanics but he does have a strong arm.  He will be a project, but the offense that Pick runs, looks exactly like David Lee's.  He is a better fit than Tyler Wilson in the Razorbacks offense.  The smart decision for Tyler Wilson would be to find a school that suits his abilities which I don't think Arkansas does. 

That's what I was thinking, if this is the first time his school has had a winning record he obviously doens't have very much help around him.  He seems like the Tony Romo type, and either Youngblood or he should redshirt, preferibly Pick, since he seems a little more raw at this point in time.  Good job recruiting by the coaching staff.  We are going to have some QB battles for the next couples off years.

hogsfan4l1fe

Quote from: pig_sooie on May 26, 2007, 08:02:41 pm
Just because it doesn't say in his profile he's committed doesn't mean Rivals didn't know about it. Otis Kirk broke the news early in the afternoon.

The only thing Grit broke was the the seam in his jorts.

Tomhog™

WHO CARES WHO BROKE IT FIRST!

Jeez, I thought I was going to read a good thread on his commit.  Very few posts involve the actual commitment.  I don't want to hear any more about who broke what news.  It's all semantics.  I'm gonig to delete any more posts that derail Kale's commitment thread...

sauce

I think we have offered Wilson.