Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kansas QB Kale Pick talks about visit and offer

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 24, 2007, 08:05:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

May 24, 2007, 08:05:20 pm Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 08:25:25 pm by Richard Davenport
Kale visited the Arkansas campus today and came away impressed. I talked to Kale about 25 minutes ago and here's what he had to say.

TRG: How was the visit?

Kale: It was good. They offered me about an hour ago.

TRG: Tell me about the visit.

Kale: It was very impressive. I like Coach Lee, Coach Nutt and Coach Shibest and really like the new offense and feel real comfortable about them.

TRG: What happened when you first got there?

Kale: When we showed up we met Coach Lee and he showed us the history of the program and all the great players and met all of the coaches. We ate lunch with Coach Lee, Coach Nutt, Shibest and Coach Markuson and the running back Coach Nutt.  Afterwards we looked around the stadium and looked at the academic center and then looked at the weight room. We then looked at the dorm rooms and then meet with Coach Nutt and he offered me in his office.

TRG: Compare the Arkansas visit to all the schools you've visited.

Kale: They're definitely are in my top three schools. I will be making a decision in a few weeks.

TRG: Compare Arkansas' facilities to all the other schools you have visited.

Kale: They're the top school with facilities. They're number one in facilities.

TRG: What did your parents think about the visit?

Kale: My parents liked it as much as I did. They're as impressed as I was.

Kale didn't say it but Arkansas may be his top school. I like Arkansas' chances.

Last night's interview with Kale:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=137399.0

351hog

Maybe I'm just not seeing it...but I cannot find his profile listed on rivals.  Can someone post a link to it if they see it. 

Zen_Hog

May 24, 2007, 08:30:16 pm #3 Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 08:32:19 pm by Dmac4Heisman
Click the image

southern hawg

Is this kind of attention normal in regards to one recruit, a private tour and eating lunch with the coaching staff?

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: southern hawg on May 24, 2007, 08:41:37 pm
Is this kind of attention normal in regards to one recruit, a private tour and eating lunch with the coaching staff?

It is when you're the only recruit on campus.

southern hawg

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 24, 2007, 08:42:44 pm

Touche.  I just haven't noticed this kind of interest and treatment towards one specific recruit so early in the recruiting process.  It seems most are just getting phone calls and text messages at this point.

Tomhog™

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 24, 2007, 08:05:20 pm
I will be making a decision in a few weeks.

Wow, so we could have 2 QB commits before fall practice even begins.  I'd figure if he commits, we are through looking for QBs.  It might hasten his decision...

ksrazorback

Sounds like a great kid, pulling him away from KU will be measurable!!

:razorback:   Go Razorbacks    :razorback:    :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

Wash Hogwallop

You have to wonder what the future will lend for a coach with a quick trigger and a QB with "PICK" on the back of his shirt.  I am not rumor mongering mind you . . . just an observation.

southern hawg

He "really likes the new offense", we're starting to hear that from several players and recruits, I'm getting excited.

The Coletrain

Quote from: southern hawg on May 24, 2007, 09:00:15 pm

Touche.  I just haven't noticed this kind of interest and treatment towards one specific recruit so early in the recruiting process.  It seems most are just getting phone calls and text messages at this point.

Anytime a highly regarded kid takes his family and shows up on your campus he's going to get the red carpet.  Text messages and phone calls are what people get when they're 200+ miles away.  Getting a kid on campus is the key to the whole thing.  Ironically, that's usually the point of what the text messages and phone calls are trying to do.   
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

southern hawg

It appears this coaching staff is placing an emphasis on going after fast, mobile quarterbacks.

pigture perfect

I think it's funny that his name rhymes with two of our other QB's.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

The Recruiting Guy

I wasn't trying to be a SA. Anyone that knows me will tell you that.

southern hawg

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 24, 2007, 10:27:06 pm

There was no offense taken at all, by "touche" I meant "to acknowledge a successful point" (French), I wasn't suggesting you were "touchy"

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: southern hawg on May 24, 2007, 10:52:51 pm
Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 24, 2007, 10:27:06 pm

There was no offense taken at all, by "touche" I meant "to acknowledge a successful point" (French), I wasn't suggesting you were "touchy"

I knew that.  ::) ;)

thahawg

jpenrod1

How good is he?

A. below average SEC

b.average SEC

c. above average SEC

d. We dont know why he got a scholarship offer?

southern hawg

Quote from: jpenrod1 on May 24, 2007, 11:30:36 pm
How good is he?

A. below average SEC

b.average SEC

c. above average SEC

d. We dont know why he got a scholarship offer?
To Be Determined, but it certainly sounds like he has the intangibles.

Hoot72

So this means that we won't be recruiting Tyler Wilson from Greenwood, right?

WILL CLINTON

So he's a dual threat QB who runs a 4.5 40, but he gained 38 yds on 46 att's??

Am I missing something here??
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

VenturaHog

His highlight films only show one run, but he was quick

Honestly, I think the Romo comparrison here is dead on. Kid is scrappy, moves real well in the pocket and has the same quick release. most of the highlights were of his deep ball which excites me, we have some speedy WR's.

PIGINAPOKE

Quote from: VenturaHog on May 25, 2007, 03:48:05 am
His highlight films only show one run, but he was quick

Honestly, I think the Romo comparrison here is dead on. Kid is scrappy, moves real well in the pocket and has the same quick release. most of the highlights were of his deep ball which excites me, we have some speedy WR's.
He also put most of the passes where only his guy could git em.

From what I saw. kid looks good.

The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

little pigee

It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

Razorod

his size and demeanor? reminds me a little of Clint Stoerner.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on May 25, 2007, 03:14:39 am
So he's a dual threat QB who runs a 4.5 40, but he gained 38 yds on 46 att's??

Am I missing something here??
Yeah, he has a lot of heart and will really jump around out there...

Why recruit an instate QB who the big boys are after when you can steal one from Iowa State or Kansas...

I guess that's better than Texas State or Lamar.

tbhogfan

Go Hogs!

Reservoir Hogs

That was an exciting highlight reel... Im impressed with how well he rolls to the left then squares up and makes good throws from that side of the feild...
I like him

bigt05

mechanics need alot of work but he seems to have a live arm and very athletic

on another note is anyone recruiting #27 from that highlight reel that guy was making some great catches and seemed to be really fast

jhudson84

Quote from: bigt05 on May 25, 2007, 10:24:34 am
mechanics need alot of work but he seems to have a live arm and very athletic

on another note is anyone recruiting #27 from that highlight reel that guy was making some great catches and seemed to be really fast

http://reddemonfootball.com/players/thompson.html

jhudson84

http://arkansas.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=61180

Mykael, also a basketball standout at DCHS, is a talent that just keeps getting better and better, having only played two years of high school football and after switching from soccer. As a sophomore he spent most of his time on defense, but made the transition to offense as a junior where he set Class 6A on fire as one of the top receivers in the state. He had 44 receptions for 1,019 yards and 14 touchdowns. He finished with five interceptions from his cornerback position, including four in one game against Hays High.

bigt05

the hands are there but at 4.6-40 thats just not great speed if he can get that down to 4.4-4.5 hes a very legitimate D1 prospect id keep an eye on him if were arkansas

IcEwalker

i like the film, good accuracy and arm strength. he is pretty fast too. the offense they run looks alot like what we run already.

The Recruiting Guy

You think there's interest in Kale?

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.reddemonfootball.com Port 80

malzhanista

Is the kid really 6'1"?
Or 5'11"?

Huge difference for a qb.

Hugulus Hog

He's the next Joe Montana, hope we get him.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: IcEwalker on May 25, 2007, 11:44:20 am
i like the film, good accuracy and arm strength. he is pretty fast too. the offense they run looks alot like what we run already.

Arkansas would be a great fit for Kale Pick, just like a spread offense would lead to Tyler Wilson becoming a great college quaterback.  Pick looks like he is custom fit for Arkansas's offense.

razorbass

IS this next years recruit or this years?

iversen13

1longshot

seems like he rolls out of the pocket too fast sometimes i don't know that's just my opinion, but overall he looks like a great pick-up for the hogs
now its time to offer the third and final qb for this class

Hawgballz

Quote from: 1longshot on May 30, 2007, 10:28:42 am
seems like he rolls out of the pocket too fast sometimes i don't know that's just my opinion, but overall he looks like a great pick-up for the hogs
now its time to offer the third and final qb for this class

If a 3rd QB is offered, then someone is changing positions.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

razrrrfan

I  cannot believe that there are actual posts on here that talk about being sorry for Mitch??! Are you kidding me??! Who could feel sorry for that kid?
Thank goodness we are getting a crop of normal, tough, qb's in here.

and by the way, our program will return to normal and have a great chance of being successful when you allow it to