Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kansas QB to visit Arkansas Thursday

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 23, 2007, 09:36:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

May 23, 2007, 09:36:09 pm Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 09:38:04 pm by Richard Davenport
Kale Pick is a 6'2 195 pond QB with 4.48 speed from Dodge City HS, Dodge City, Kansas. Kale threw for 1,779 yards and 19 TDs with 6 picks. He completed 55 percent of his passes. I talked to Kale about 30 minutes ago and here's what he had to say.

TRG: You plan to visit Arkansas tommorrow. What time will you arrive?

Kale: Should be there around noon.

TRG: What other schools have you visited?

Kale: Iowa St., Nebraska, Kansas St., Kansas, Colorado St., Oklahoma St., Oklahoma. Purdue wants me to visit this summer and Illinois does to.

TRG: Who's recruiting you for Arkansas?

Kale: Coach Shibest. He's been talking to me for a couple of weeks. He came by the school and gave my highlight tape to Coach Nutt and Coach Lee. They called after watching it. Coach Nutt and Coach Lee came up to watch me workout.

TRG: What are your offers?

Kale: Iowa St., Kansas, Colorado St., SMU, Wyoming and Rice.

TRG: How did Coach Shibest convine you to visit?

Kale: I talked to him about Arkansas and I talked to Coach Nutt and Coach Lee. They said I would love it down there and they wanted to show me their offense.

TRG: What interests you in Arkansas?

Kale: Coach Lee was with the Dallas Cowboys and he talked to me about Tony Romo and he compared me to Romo and they play in the SEC.

Kale will be on Press Row Friday morning at 7:10 to discuss his visit.

Hogtropolis™

That whole Dallas Cowboy and Tony Romo deal sounds like it could really help us in recruiting this upcoming year.  I know this is not the first interview I have read from TRG where a recruit has mentioned that.

southern hawg

May 23, 2007, 09:44:47 pm #2 Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 10:30:10 pm by southern hawg
Good news.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on May 23, 2007, 09:40:43 pm
That whole Dallas Cowboy and Tony Romo deal sounds like it could really help us in recruiting this upcoming year.  I know this is not the first interview I have read from TRG where a recruit has mentioned that.

I have noticed that also...the kids in the Big 12 arena always seem to bring up the Cowboys affiliation when talking about QB recruiting.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

IcEwalker

no offense, but if he commits we will have Pick and Dick at QB.

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: Hogtropolis™ on May 23, 2007, 09:40:43 pm

yea, it seems to get used almost too much though, doesn't it?  I'm sure that there's some players out there that remind the coaches of previous players they've coached, but you don't hear them saying that a recruit reminds them of a guy they play high school football with back in the 70's.  I understand it's significance, but it just seems to be kinda sleezy to automatically tell a recruit that he reminds the coach of a guy he coached in the NFL (who happens to be a very well known player).
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Ftsmithmike

Well it could be that Lee is looking for guys with Romo style and when he finds them he says hey kid you remind me of Romo. I dont think thats sleazy. I think its builds that players confodence in himself bc now he feels like he has pro potential. Lets face it. Most of these kids are looking to a school who can help them develope pro potential. If you ask Ten seniors what they desire more, The Hiesman or to go in the top five in the draft, I think you can count on the vast majority picking the draft. We now have a offense and a Defense coaching staff with a proven track record who can and have developed NFL talent. Personaly I just love hes from Dodge City. I hope he grows to love this team.
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

bigt05

those r some nice measureables 4.48-40 wow

sage_dragoon

I wish he were a DB with that last name instead of a QB.

All kidding aside, those are some nice measureables.
XBox360 - SageDragoon79

badbrad

have we offered tyler wilson??? can't remember

Tomhog™

He's a quick QB for sure.  Any QB that runs a sub 4.5 is fast.  55% completions seems to be a bit on the low side.  But this is just the type of QB that Nutt loves...

HogNuttz

They need to use this Romo thing as much as they can because Romo hasn't proven himself to be anything more than a flash in the pan so far, not to say he won't.

Quote from: Tomcat on May 24, 2007, 08:57:11 am
He's a quick QB for sure.  Any QB that runs a sub 4.5 is fast.  55% completions seems to be a bit on the low side.  But this is just the type of QB that Nutt loves...

55% Isn't that bad for a HS Jr. if he is playing good competition.  I know Kansas has had some good passing QB's lately and if Zook is still at Illinois, he seems to have an eye for talent.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Tomcat on May 24, 2007, 08:57:11 am
quote]

In the offense he runs, he is asked to make a lot of difficult passes rolling out and takes a lot of snaps from under center which is becoming a rarity for most of the highly recruited quaterbacks.  I imagine his completion percentage would be better if he was sitting back in the shotgun all day.   

IMAballHawg

We seem to be the only SEC team to be showing interest in this kid, and he mentioned playing in the SEC as a real Plus for him... That bodes well for our chances.
I just hope he is a good QB and not some "project" type player.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

jabohog

I'm sorry, and I really want to be positive, but this is the same song, just a different tune. New OC, new offense, how many times have I heard that? I hope we get him if he wants to come, but he is being sold a bill of goods.

The_Bionic_Pig

With that size and speed he will see the field early and it doesn't have to be at QB..... I still think they go after Wilson also.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jrodell

I'd say Romo isn't a flash in the pan anymore....he was a Pro Bowler last season. They should use that pitch for all QB's.

JShipCPA

May 28, 2007, 11:07:02 am #17 Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 11:09:58 am by JShipCPA
Kale: "Iowa St., Kansas, Colorado St., SMU, Wyoming and Rice."

Big time offers, huh???

Makes perfect sense to pass on Tyler given this impressive list...

Hog recruiting PTBs, remove your heads and lets get going!!!

JShipCPA

Quote from: badbrad on May 24, 2007, 08:42:39 am
have we offered tyler wilson??? can't remember

Let me refresh your memory...

NO...

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on May 25, 2007, 09:56:04 am
With that size and speed he will see the field early and it doesn't have to be at QB..... I still think they go after Wilson also.

Arkansas will not sign 3 quaterbacks.