Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TRG, what is the scoop on Deion Walker? Is he really considering coming here?? (ND -> Umass)

Started by HogKong, May 23, 2007, 02:57:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogKong

Have we heard much on this kid?  He was just release today as one of the top twenty prospects by rivals, and as a 5 star.  He has us listed on his list with 8 others.  Is he really considering us or what?

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=57376

jhudson84

Walker is very interested in Arkansas and plans to visit this summer, the track program has sparked his attention and he is great prospect.

blueshog2001

I hope John can bring this kid to the Hill.  Nutt and John need to get together on this one, kind of like with Batman.

IcEwalker

Walker and Cruz with Youngblood (or Dick/Chaisson) throwing to them would be awesome. Add Adams to that group and Nutt will be in SEC championship contention every year.

jpenrod1

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: jhudson84 on May 23, 2007, 03:10:47 pm
Walker is very interested in Arkansas and plans to visit this summer, the track program has sparked his attention and he is great prospect.

That's what I hear from people I trust. I'm working on a interview.

RZRBack_FAN

Quote from: IcEwalker on May 23, 2007, 04:46:26 pm
Walker and Cruz with Youngblood (or Dick/Chaisson) throwing to them would be awesome. Add Adams to that group and Nutt will be in SEC championship contention every year.
How about the Hogs will be in the SEC championship, why say Nutt!! He isnt the program!

Hogtide

Quote from: Tomcat on May 23, 2007, 04:49:19 pm
Land this guy and Adams, we won't be worried about a passing game in the future.  You get the ball near these guys and they'll catch it...

I'm not going to get my hopes up but damn that would be one hell of a receiving corp.

TX HOG

Seems like every year there is a 4/5 star out of state recruit WR that has us listed, but we always seem to fade off their list.  Hopefully this year will be different.  GHG!!!

Hoggy Bear

According to the article on Rivals, Chris Vaughn visited his school last week.  He was quoted as saying "I will definitely visit Arkansas this summer".

jackflash

I like then fact that Vaughn can go recruit again, he's done well in Fl for us, like the fact he on the field coach also, would like him at defensive end coach better the defensive back

The_Bionic_Pig

By the way he has a 37-inch vertical & squats 435lbs.  last season he caught 43 passes and scored six touchdowns and also rushed for 330 yards and while playing defensive back had 33 tackles, eight pass break-ups, and seven interceptions.  He plans to make a decision before the season or right after the first game.   

He is not a Virginia native and was born in Alaska.  His dad was in the Military (Air Force) and he has lived in California (Still has family their), Texas, Nevada and New York and now Virginia.   His dad is a RB's coach and a Southern Cal Fan but his Mom is a SEC fan.  He has already visited Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia on road trips.

Deion's father, Arthur Walker, said "Deion also wants to go a place where he can be a part of something where he can leave something behind and create something special. Sure the Southern Cal's and Florida's of the world are great but they are going to have blue chip recruits come in every year," Walker stated. "Deion wants to make something special at a new place."

Here are Deion thoughts - "I want to play early and that has not changed. I guess I go back and forth by looking at it and saying that I am confident in my ability that I will leave a mark on whatever program I choose. I am torn. It has always been my dream to help bring a program to the top. Often, I am torn between that and the challenge of winning a starting spot on a loaded roster," said Walker. "I don't want to sell myself short or take the easy way out. I just need to find the best situation for me and let things work out from there."

Hope this was insightful for you guys.... :D
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jpenrod1

that sounds like arkansas is perfect. he could play here early, and could definately, with the rest of this class, bring us to the top and continue what D-Mac and Felix are doing now.

wooly

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on May 27, 2007, 12:40:09 pm
By the way he has a 37-inch vertical & squats 435lbs.  last season he caught 43 passes and scored six touchdowns and also rushed for 330 yards and while playing defensive back had 33 tackles, eight pass break-ups, and seven interceptions.  He plans to make a decision before the season or right after the first game.   

He is not a Virginia native and was born in Alaska.  His dad was in the Military (Air Force) and he has lived in California (Still has family their), Texas, Nevada and New York and now Virginia.   His dad is a RB's coach and a Southern Cal Fan but his Mom is a SEC fan.  He has already visited Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia on road trips.

Deion's father, Arthur Walker, said "Deion also wants to go a place where he can be a part of something where he can leave something behind and create something special. Sure the Southern Cal's and Florida's of the world are great but they are going to have blue chip recruits come in every year," Walker stated. "Deion wants to make something special at a new place."

Here are Deion thoughts - "I want to play early and that has not changed. I guess I go back and forth by looking at it and saying that I am confident in my ability that I will leave a mark on whatever program I choose. I am torn. It has always been my dream to help bring a program to the top. Often, I am torn between that and the challenge of winning a starting spot on a loaded roster," said Walker. "I don't want to sell myself short or take the easy way out. I just need to find the best situation for me and let things work out from there."

Hope this was insightful for you guys.... :D

I think that is one place Nutt's staff has missed out on in recruiting "The chance to take a program to the next level."  It seems like every year there are guys that claim they want to build a program.

WILL CLINTON

There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

TheHogFan

HogKong

Deion has now removed AR from his list according to rivals.

What happened??

cosmodrum

Quote from: HogKong on May 30, 2007, 10:24:32 am
Deion has now removed AR from his list according to rivals.

What happened??

Well I guess the point of this thread is now moot. Great.

Also notice 4 other SEC schools are on his list. Great.
Go away, batin'

CarlDeen

It is just a waste of time talking about him. He is going to USC or Florida. There is no reason for a player of that caliber to come to Arkansas.

VenturaHog

perhaps he hasnt removed ar from consideration he has just added more schools to the "offered" list and we didn't fit on the page. hey im an optimist...

Hogstocking

If he doesnt visit Fayetteville like he said he "definitely" would.. THEN forget about him. 

Who cares what a South Carolina writer chooses to put in his articles.  

Hollywood_HOGan45

when have we gotten a big time highly rated out of state WR in the last 8 years anyway?

TX HOG

Washington was a 4 star QB recruit, that turned into a WR.  I can't think of any others.

Boner

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 31, 2007, 08:50:17 am
when have we gotten a big time highly rated out of state WR in the last 8 years anyway?
London Crawford?  Some sites had him highly rated.

I don't think he's taken us off his list at all.  Pretty sure he said he was visiting Arkansas this summer for sure.

jhudson84

Quote from: CarlDeen on May 31, 2007, 02:55:29 am
It is just a waste of time talking about him. He is going to USC or Florida. There is no reason for a player of that caliber to come to Arkansas.

If you knew what you were talking about that would be interesting.
Actually stated in an interview not too long ago,

"There are the Florida's and Southern Cal's of course, but I have always wanted to be part of something new.  To say that I help build a team from the ground up."

Bacon The Saddle Again

That, and if running track is really important to him, he could kill two birds with one stone.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Boner on May 31, 2007, 08:58:58 am
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 31, 2007, 08:50:17 am
London Crawford?  Some sites had him highly rated.

I don't think he's taken us off his list at all.  Pretty sure he said he was visiting Arkansas this summer for sure.

London was not rated as a top 10 wideout.

He'll be good and hopefully we'll actually use our other wideouts but he was not a top rated kid like Deon Walker.