Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Outstanding Ohio athlete has double digit offers

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 23, 2007, 10:10:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

D.J. Woods is a 6'0 175 CB/WR with 4.35 speed from Strongsville HS, Strongsville, Ohio. I talked to D.J. Monday evening and here's what he had to say.

TRG: How many offers do you have?

D.J.: 12 or 13.

TRG: Who are some of the latest schools to offer?

D.J.: Nebraska, Air Force, Indiana, Iowa and Pitt.

TRG: When did Arkansas offer?

D.J.: They offered about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

TRG: Who's recruiting you for Arkansas?

D.J.: Alex Wood. He texted me today (Monday) and asked me how my day was and if I was still interested.

TRG: What is your level of interest in Arkansas?

D.J.: They're a big time program and they in the SEC and my interest in real high.

TRG: Are you surprised by being offered by a SEC school  and did you anticipate just being recruited by Big 10 and Midwest schools?

D.J.: Yes, definitely. I thought I would be offered by Big 10 schools. It surprised me a lot. There's lots of talent down there.

TRG: Have plans for attending camps this summer?

D.J.:I'll probably go to West Virgina, Nebraska, Penn St. and Ohio State's one day camp.

TRG: When do you plan to narrow your list?

D.J.: I like all the schools that have offered. During my Sr. year or after I'll sit down with my parents and make an decision.

TRG: When will be take your official visits?

D.J.: Probably during season but I really don't know.

TRG: What do you know about Arkansas?

D.J.: I never thought I would get a SEC offer. I've been on the internet looking at the coaching staff and the school.

TRG: What were your stats this past season?

D.J.: I had 35 catches for 780 yards and 8 touchdowns. On defense I had 49 tackles and 3 interceptions. I returned 3 kick offs for 210 yards and 5 punts for 226 yards and 2 touchdowns.

D.J.'s stock has sky rocketed  with outstanding performaces at recent combines.  Some schools are recruiting D.J. as a corner and some as a wide out.

HOGINTENNESSEE

D.J. keep looking at Arkansas come for a visit you will love it.

cosmodrum

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 23, 2007, 10:17:23 am

I second that! This kid's got some speed. Hopefully he won't get any more offers from the SEC, that might help us have a shot at getting him.
Go away, batin'

Tomhog™

My guess he's an outside shot.  We likely won't be the only SEC school to offer and will struggle to make his top 3.  He's likely Big X bound.  His offers will get better than that list.  If the offers don't, then Arkansas stands a good chance against the schools that have.

little pigee

It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

blueshog2001

It would be nice to have a 6ft corner.  You would think that playing in a defense that plays allot of man  coverage would attract high profile corners. It is a way to showcase their talent.This would be a nice pick up.

jabohog

Richard, did he have a preference to either position? It would be nice to have him at corner. Wish Louis was still coaching them.

351hog

Our track program will help us with this guy.  He is a rivals top 100 and could be the #1 ranked WR or athlete this year.

DEVIL DOG HOG

I would like to see him come to Arkansas, HOWEVER HDN has never beat the Big Ten at anything.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

HogNuttz

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 23, 2007, 10:10:06 am

D.J.: I returned 3 kick offs for 210 yards and 5 punts for 226 yards and 2 touchdowns.

If nothing else, I would say the boy is dangerous in the open field and would be great at returning kicks ala Charles Woodson.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

cbjagman

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 23, 2007, 10:17:23 am
I promise you that if this young man makes a visit he will make no others because he WILL commit to the Hogs! Come on down south DJ.

claytongray

Quote from: HogNuttz on May 23, 2007, 01:41:02 pm
Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 23, 2007, 10:10:06 am

D.J.: I returned 3 kick offs for 210 yards and 5 punts for 226 yards and 2 touchdowns.

If nothing else, I would say the boy is dangerous in the open field and would be great at returning kicks ala Charles Woodson.

No kidding....two scores on eight total returns...wow.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: jabohog on May 23, 2007, 01:17:17 pm
Richard, did he have a preference to either position? It would be nice to have him at corner. Wish Louis was still coaching them.

Doesn't matter to DJ. He just wants to play.

jackflash

like the fact Woods is recruiting him, with that kind of speed at corner could make him a lot of money someday, notice that not too many corners with that speed last long in the NFL draft