Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We are in dire need of some DT's this year

Started by Hogtide, May 22, 2007, 01:01:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtide

DT is a position we must recruit this year and recruit well.  Everybody on the depth chart is either a junior or senior.  DT is not a position you want to leave unaccounted for especially in the SEC.  A little worried about it.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: Hogtide on May 22, 2007, 01:01:48 am
DT is a position we must recruit this year and recruit well.  Everybody on the depth chart is either a junior or senior.  DT is not a position you want to leave unaccounted for especially in the SEC.  A little worried about it.

Im a little worried about every position outside of tailback.

DT will be a concern but secondary will be an even bigger concern.

Bomis Hawg

Would love to hit a couple of solid TRUE Linebackers.

Hogtide

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 22, 2007, 08:11:55 am

Im a little worried about every position outside of tailback.

DT will be a concern but secondary will be an even bigger concern.

I agree the secondary is a major concern, especially the corners, but we always find a way to plug in somebody that's at least halfway capable.  DT's are few and far between and are one of the toughest positions to recruit and with the style Herring likes to play (man press) without a solid line it won't matter who's in the secondary.

southern hawg

That's what frustrates me with our recruiting sometimes, we have Zach Stadther (DT) who pretty much stated in the Dem Gaz that he will commit to the Razorbacks when offered, but we haven't offered yet.  If we have a quality recruit interested in committing at a position we really need I wish the staff would just go ahead and offer.  Why wait and give other coaches the opportunity to come in and snag him away.

IcEwalker

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on May 22, 2007, 08:43:21 am
Would love to hit a couple of solid TRUE Linebackers.

Tim Dial, Jermaine Love, Freddie Fairchild, Chip Gregory, Wendel Davis, etc. we have recruited that position pretty well, im not too worried about LB.

oldman1015

dt and lb should be a need every year, not every three or four years. we don't recruit consistenely enough. we sign eight lineman one year and none the next two years.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

IcEwalker

Quote from: oldman1015 on May 22, 2007, 03:18:26 pm
dt and lb should be a need every year, not every three or four years. we don't recruit consistenely enough. we sign eight lineman one year and none the next two years.

thats true, its tough to recruit the better players when you have young talent in front of them. thats why it turns out that way sometimes.

Hogstocking

May 22, 2007, 03:34:32 pm #8 Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 03:44:56 pm by Hogstocking
Quote from: oldman1015 on May 22, 2007, 03:18:26 pm

What are you talking about?  Arkansas signs nearly the same number of defensive lineman and LBs every single year.

02- 4 DL, 3LB
03- 5 DL, 3 LB
04- 5 DL, 2 LB
05- 2 DL, 4 LB
06- 4 DL, 3 LB
07- 4 DL, 3 LB

We look ateast 2 deep on the line and LB to me. 
DT/DE - Mitchell Shavers Gray Harrison Bledsoe Sheppard Robinson Wade..and then the incoming freshman
LB - Powers Gregory Fairchild Dacus Davis Williams..and then the incoming freshman

Swino

Remember that there are 4 positions for the DL and that tackles and ends can't be switched. 

IcEwalker

Quote from: Swino on May 22, 2007, 03:45:13 pm
Remember that there are 4 positions for the DL and that tackles and ends can't be switched. 

guys get moved from End to Tackle and Tackle to end alot... or were you refering to something else (did i miss your point?)

501Ben

Quote from: IcEwalker on May 22, 2007, 03:59:42 pm
Quote from: Swino on May 22, 2007, 03:45:13 pm

guys get moved from End to Tackle and Tackle to end alot... or were you refering to something else (did i miss your point?)

I think coming out of High School defensive ends can be moved to tackles and vice versa, but once you established yourself at one spot in college it is hard to switch.

Bomis Hawg

I know we might have landed a couple of keepers at LB in the previous class.
I want that mean MLB that will knock your block off at the drop of a hat.  Haven't had that in a while.

southern hawg

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on May 22, 2007, 06:47:43 pm
I want that mean MLB that will knock your block off at the drop of a hat.  Haven't had that in a while.
He will report to Fayetteville by July 1st.

southern hawg

Per Rivals:  "Love is a VIOLENT hitter that could be a hybrid linebacker-safety combo."

Hogtide

I agree.  We haven't had a nasty middle linebacker since who Brooks or Petty maybe.