Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update on Incoming Freshman QB Joe Chaisson

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 20, 2007, 07:49:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

I talked to Joe about 15 minutes ago. Here's what Joe had to say.

TRG: When do you plan to report to Fayetteville?

Joe: I plan to report early July or late June.

TRG: Have you talked to any of the coaches?

Joe: I talk to Coach Lee and Coach Woods. Just keeping in touch. They mainly tell me to stay in shape and they tell me they can't wait to get me up there.

TRG: What are you doing to get ready for the fall?

Joe: Right now I'm trying to put some weight on and throwing. I'm weighing 185 my goal is 190.

TRG: Have you talked to any other incoming freshmen?

Joe: I talk to Crosby Tuck. We talk about how exciting we are and want to get things going.

TRG: Have you received the play book?

Joe: I got the work out book but they're still working on the play book.

Joe still has the William Tell Overture ring tone on his phone that he's had since signing with the Razorbacks. He's excited about being a Razorback is looking forward to getting on the Hill.

We plan to have Joe on Press Row in a few weeks.

Previous interviews:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=104952.0

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=110664.0

arkjay19

So much for weight being an issue, he's already put on 20 pounds.  This guy sounds like he'll be ready.

VenturaHog

thats great, very glad he's bulking up. cant wait to see what he brings to the table.

PAHog

Quote from: Richard Davenport on May 20, 2007, 07:49:41 pm

Would have been nice if they would have had this in the Spring to work on.  Oh well.  It doesn't take more than a couple weeks to install an entirely new offense.  I hope you're picking up on the sarcasm because I'm laying it on pretty thick.
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!

IcEwalker

Quote from: PAHog on May 21, 2007, 08:01:22 am

Would have been nice if they would have had this in the Spring to work on.  Oh well.  It doesn't take more than a couple weeks to install an entirely new offense.  I hope you're picking up on the sarcasm because I'm laying it on pretty thick.

thats the first time ive heard anything like that, my stomach hurts im laughing so hard.

I hope you're picking up on the sarcasm because I'm laying it on pretty thick.

Landonhog

Ideally, I'm sure we would like to RS both Nathan Dick and Joe Chaisson; but do you guys see us choosing one to step up as Casey's back-up?  Am I underestimating Nathan Emmert?

Good to hear Joe is bulking up a bit...  I like his ringtone!

501Ben

Quote from: Landonhog on May 21, 2007, 09:07:59 am
Ideally, I'm sure we would like to RS both Nathan Dick and Joe Chaisson; but do you guys see us choosing one to step up as Casey's back-up?  Am I underestimating Nathan Emmert?

Good to hear Joe is bulking up a bit...  I like his ringtone!

Yea, I agree, I think they want to redshirt both of them, but once fall comes one of them will probably step into that #3 QB if not #2, and then they will get reps after we are up by 3 or 4 touchdowns on the other team.

Swino

There is no way we can redshirt both of them.  Emert is a walk on and we need a another back-up.  The last thing we need to do is burn redshirts. 

The horror of the UNLV game is being replayed in my mind as I type this.

Phatasshog

lets get him on the hill, and get him ready to go.

Anybody heard anything on Casey Dick's brother?
When is he going to report and how has his summer progressed?

RazorRaider

Quote from: Swino on May 21, 2007, 09:32:02 am
There is no way we can redshirt both of them.  Emert is a walk on and we need a another back-up.  The last thing we need to do is burn redshirts. 

I have a feeling this season could be a reapest of that same season during the UNLV game qb debacle.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

351hog

I think Joe is going to be the backup...he is quick and brings that to the table.  Although I think Nathan Dick will be the freshman Qb that is more ready to play in the SEC when stepping onto campus. 

Landonhog

For some reason I thought those guys kept getting hurt?  Were they coming out because of poor play or injury?  Maybe I'm thinking of another game, but it seemed like we had 3 or 4 get hurt, just one after another...??

Bomis Hawg

I became a fan of Joe Chaisson during the recruiting process.  He's a good athlete.
I'm glad he's a Razorback.  He'll do well.  Would love for him to be the #3 QB.
He might be the better candidate to redshirt between him and Nathan Dick.

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: arkhog9 on May 20, 2007, 09:14:34 pm
So much for weight being an issue, he's already put on 20 pounds.  This guy sounds like he'll be ready.

yea, I'm not worried about his weight or strength.  he'll most likely redshirt anyways and will have a full year in the razorback workout program.  he'll be 195-200 by the time he's a RS-FR
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Hawgzilla

I talked to Joe about 15 minutes ago. Here's what Joe had to s

TRG: Have you received the play book?

I hear Nutt has not finished coloring it yet................. :razorback:

Since 1894

Again RR, GREAT POST

I like these follow up posts for the kids coming up to the Hill.

Thanks
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

SPAL

Quote from: Landonhog on May 21, 2007, 11:48:36 am

For some reason I thought those guys kept getting hurt?  Were they coming out because of poor play or injury?  Maybe I'm thinking of another game, but it seemed like we had 3 or 4 get hurt, just one after another...??

that was south carolina in what i think was 2000. Robby Hampton, Jarred Mcbride, John Rutlidge, and Zac Clark all played in that game. Klimba edwards knocked one of them , i wanna say Mcbride, out of the game on one vicious hit.

Bomis Hawg

I don't think Rutlege was in the South Carolina game.  I remember McBride getting hurt on one play.  Torn ACL?  Finished the game with Zak Clark after he came back in after getting hurt.

Tejano Jawg

HORROR...there is no better word to describe that game. Thanks for reminding me Swino.

As for Joe, I like this kid...and I realize he's not a twelve star QB recruited from coast to coast. I remember hearing him on Press Row way back, long before he signed. I think he's got something.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: IcEwalker on May 21, 2007, 08:38:02 am

thats the first time ive heard anything like that, my stomach hurts im laughing so hard.

Tommy likey, tommy want chicken wing.

(Tommy Boy)

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on May 22, 2007, 09:48:48 pm

HORROR...there is no better word to describe that game. Thanks for reminding me Swino.

As for Joe, I like this kid...and I realize he's not a twelve star QB recruited from coast to coast. I remember hearing him on Press Row way back, long before he signed. I think he's got something.

Joe was a guy who was being recruited at a higher level than Tyler Wilson at this time last year, but many schools backed off when he said he would make a late commitment and the big schools recieved commitments from other quaterbacks.  He had offers from the likes of LSU and Tennesee early. 

OzarkHighs

Why does he have such a low rating on scout.com? I also would figure that Cruz would be rated higher and he is only a one star...

Tomhog™

Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on May 22, 2007, 09:54:20 pm
Quote from: IcEwalker on May 21, 2007, 08:38:02 am

Tommy likey, tommy want chicken wing.

(Tommy Boy)

I believe he said "Tommy want wingie"....  ;)

Beaverfever

Quote from: OzarkHighs on May 23, 2007, 06:41:38 am
Why does he have such a low rating on scout.com? I also would figure that Cruz would be rated higher and he is only a one star...
Those are very preliminary if I'm not mistaken.  A long way from the final star rankings.

Hawgballz

They have not been rated yet.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

OzarkHighs

Quote from: HawgBall06 on May 23, 2007, 10:32:22 am

word to big bird...

OzarkHighs

Quote from: Tomcat on May 23, 2007, 11:20:12 am
Quote from: OzarkHighs on May 23, 2007, 11:02:16 am

word to big bird...

+1 for 'The Last Dragon' avatar.  One of my favorite movies as a teen...

It came out on DVD last month...so I'm fresh with quotes.

Kiss my Converse.

Tomhog™

Quote from: OzarkHighs on May 23, 2007, 11:23:47 am
Quote from: Tomcat on May 23, 2007, 11:20:12 am
Quote from: OzarkHighs on May 23, 2007, 11:02:16 am

word to big bird...

+1 for 'The Last Dragon' avatar.  One of my favorite movies as a teen...

It came out on DVD last month...so I'm fresh with quotes.

Kiss my Converse.

No way!  I've got to get it then!  I remember that quote. LOL

Sorry for the derail fellow posters...

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.