Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What do you guys think about Scout and Rivals on the rating system?

Started by JoyDivision, May 19, 2007, 11:53:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JoyDivision

I've been looking at scouts latest ratings and they just seem peculiar to me for the 08 class.  Texas and Oklahoma are averaging like 3 to 4 star recruits where as Alabama, Auburn, and Arkansas are averaging a little over 1 star per recruit.  Maybe its just too early.  I know that the average Rivals high school rating for this last years NFL draft players was a round 3 stars.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: JoyDivision on May 19, 2007, 11:53:30 am
I've been looking at scouts latest ratings and they just seem peculiar to me for the 08 class.  Texas and Oklahoma are averaging like 3 to 4 star recruits where as Alabama, Auburn, and Arkansas are averaging a little over 1 star per recruit.  Maybe its just too early.  I know that the average Rivals high school rating for this last years NFL draft players was a round 3 stars.

Scout's recruiting is terrible.  McFadden was only given 4 stars and not 5.  DeAngelo Williams from Wynne, now a Carolina Panther was given a 1 star rating.  The ratings will change on many of the players, and they just don't have video on many of the prospects and have not evaluated many of the players.  Rivals will limit the number of stars they give players, based on a numbering system in lieu of analyzing actual talent for every prospect. 

tophawg19

it's all a guessing game . there are too many variables that can't be measured . many 2's out perform 5's . many of these kids are never even seen by the people rating them
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

LJHOG

Near as I can tell outside of say 150 kids or so each year recruiting is pretty much a crap shoot.  Especially linemen.  I've seen kids bigger, stronger, & faster rated lower than smaller, weaker, slower guys.  Although I do admit that sometimes grades play a part in ratings.