Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Update: Jim Youngblood and his thoughts on Cruz Williams commitment to the Hogs

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 18, 2007, 06:46:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

I talked to Jim about 50 minutes ago. Here's what he had to say.

TRG: How have schools reacted since you committed to Arkansas?

Jim: I'm getting even more letters since I've committed.

TRG: Which schools haven't accepted no?

Jim: You have schools that are saying they are coming after me commitment or not. Miss St., Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Oklahoma St. and Nebraska. Nebraska sends me about 10 letters a week from their offensive coordinator. He always mentions that they have a elite camp they want me to attend. Brennon Carroll of USC came by the school about two weeks ago.

TRG: Your thoughts on Cruz Williams committing to the Razorbacks?

Jim: Cruz is not only a great player but a great guy. I got to see him against Monticello and he has soft hands and has real good moves in the open field and he's a great addition and he's big buddies with Joe Adams.

TRG: You recruit a lot of the recruits for Arkansas. How do you do that?

Jim: Facebook is where I look at most of the recruits profiles. All the guys have their own profile and I see what they're thinking about Arkansas.

Jim: Can I add something?

TRG: Sure.

Jim: I agree with Cruz. Arkansas boys should stay in Arkansas.

Jim is a dedicated Razorback even before he's signed on the dotted line. I've said it before but he's the D.J. Williams of the 08 class. Jim is a young man that's one of the best recruiters for the University of Arkansas. Don't bet against Jim.

cdohogfan

RZRBack_FAN

VenturaHog

gkimrey

Makes you look forward to seeing those two connecting for some points. Great day to be a Razorback.
\"if you would not be forgotten, before you are dead and rotten, either write things worth the reading or do things worth the writing\".  Benjamin Franklin

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Holy City Hog

This kid is so fired up to be a Rzbk, is there any way we lose him to MLB draft?  Does anyone know what level MLB prospect he is? 

razorbass

Tomhog™

Great followup interview, TRG.  Cruz and Jim are getting attention from a lot of high profile schools.  The class of '08 could very well be the top 15 class we've looked for for many years now under Nutt.  I've got a good feeling about how our offense will shape up.  I'm still a little concerned about the lack of in-state defensive talent.

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: RZRBack_FAN on May 18, 2007, 09:56:22 pm
Hopefully Cruz can recruit Adams since Houston wont.

Houston did wait far too long to offer Joe Adams, but to say he hasn't been recruiting Adams is inaccurate. He was at CAC this past week, and he personally talked to Joe at junior day. 

Landonhog

Great to hear that from Jim...  Sounds like a great kid, and a great HOG!

ksrazorback

Just simply Fantactic!!

:razorback:     Go Razorbacks     :razorback:     :razorback:
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

Shocktheman

hawgbawb

This young man sounds like a real leader. He is the kind of a QB you want for your program.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American