Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PA's Cruz Williams talks about his commitment to the Razorbacks

Started by The Recruiting Guy, May 18, 2007, 04:40:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

May 18, 2007, 04:40:09 pm Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 05:01:11 pm by Richard Davenport
I talked to Cruz about 30 minutes ago. Here's what he had to say.

TRG: Why Arkansas?

Cruz: Like I always told you, I've always wanted to be a Razorback and run through that hog head. Arkansas boys should stay in Arkansas. I didn't commit right away because I wanted to explore my options.

TRG: When did you make the decision?

Cruz: I was at the Athletic Club lifting weights last night and I was thinking what was I waiting on. I needed to be a Razorback. I can go where they know me and support me. I'm ready for me and Youngblood to start connecting.

TRG: What did DNutt have to say?

Cruz: He was excited. I guess he had some people behind him, They were all going crazy.

TRG: Any chance you might play both basketball and football in college?

Cruz: I really don't know. I'm just focus on football. I'm ready to break Anthony Lucas' and Marcus Monk's records when I get up there.

TRG: What are you going to say to Joe Adams?

Cruz: I'm not going to put pressure on him. Of course I'm going to talk to him and I hope he makes a good choice.

Cruz said he talks to Anthony Lucas every Tuesday and Thursday at the athletic club. He and Anthony have gotten close over the months. He's 100% Hog.

I've gotten to know Cruz over the last year and a half and can say the Razorback fans are in for a treat. Not just his playing ability but his youthful enthusiasm and optimistic attitude. Cruz's attitude is very contagious. I can't wait to see him in a Razorback uniform.

Congratulations Cruz!!

Cruz will be on Press Row Monday morning at 8:10 to discuss his commitment.

grayhawg

Boarcephus

What are the stats on Williams?

scratch this post.  Picked up the info further down.  Sorry about that.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: Boarcephus on May 18, 2007, 05:01:45 pm
What are the stats on Williams?

scratch this post.  Picked up the info further down.  Sorry about that.

Cruz had 57 receptions for 1,158 yards and 18 touchdowns last season.

Littlehog AR

Hallelujah!! Thank You ord for this commitment we need to stock up on offensive talent for next year...being that D-Mac and possibly Felix will be gone!

inhognation

Great news.  It's refreshing after the past year or so to have an Arkansas kid who wants to stay and play in Arkansas.  I like his confidence, saying that he is ready to come up and break Lucas's and Monk's records.

WPS  Go Hogs

Bomis Hawg

He and DJ Williams will bring a lot of enthusiasm to this team when they both get to the Hill.
Awesome news.  Good job Double R.

JoyDivision

How can you not smile when thinking of Cruz Williams?   ;D

slopinhogs

cruz,dj and london  wow :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Hogstocking

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Great pickup! In my humble opinion, Cruz is the best WR in the state this year. I cannot wait to see this young man catching passes for the Razorbacks.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

Boarcephus

Quote from: Joe on May 18, 2007, 06:34:39 pm
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Great pickup! In my humble opinion, Cruz is the best WR in the state this year. I cannot wait to see this young man catching passes for the Razorbacks.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

+1 for your little picture of Butch in Nutt's CS Hat!   I'm envious of you guys that can do that. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

#1 STUNNA

4th best receiver in the state this year

HamShank

I think this is a huge pick-up.  Glad to have you on board, Cruz.  Go Hogs!!

hogtheznutts

Quote from: Anybody on May 19, 2007, 12:03:45 am
Who is going to throw the ball to him (or anyone else) ?   HDN will probably convert Cruz to a defensive back.

You new the Indian fans would highjack this thread!  Uh the same person throwing those records Monks way.

AnthroHog

Anyone watched him play?  Is he incredibly athletic, run great routes, have great hands?  What does he excel at?

razorbass

Beaverfever

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on May 18, 2007, 08:40:59 pm
Who in your opinion is better?  Not saying your wrong at all.  I really just want your opinion. 

Tomhog™

Let me guess: I bet you have the two Warren receivers in front of him as well as Joe Adams?

Wu Tang Clan

Quote from: Tomcat on May 19, 2007, 11:47:59 am

Let me guess: I bet you have the two Warren receivers in front of him as well as Joe Adams?

Cruz Williams has as more potential than any reciever in the state, but Greg Childs, Jarious Wright and Joe Adams are better players right now in my opinion.  Greg Childs is a 6'4 reciever with excellent hands and is very physical. 

Razorhogs

Great pick up for the Hogs!  I love these kids that want to be a Razorback and show it by committing early.

LJHOG

Future headlines in the ArkDemGaz sports section
"HOGS CRUZ TO VICTORY

HOGS ON CRUZ CONTROL

HOGS CRUZ'N TO A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP   I like this one best   ;D

Landonhog

Quote from: LJHOG on May 20, 2007, 12:06:54 pm
"HOGS CRUZ TO VICTORY

HOGS ON CRUZ CONTROL

HOGS CRUZ'N TO A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP   I like this one best   ;D

Nice!

501Ben

"HOGS CRUZ TO VICTORY

HOGS ON CRUZ CONTROL

HOGS CRUZ'N TO A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP   I like this one best   ;D

+1

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: 501Ben on May 21, 2007, 12:05:43 pm
"HOGS CRUZ TO VICTORY

HOGS ON CRUZ CONTROL

HOGS CRUZ'N TO A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP   I like this one best   ;D

+1

that will never happen

#1 STUNNA

ding ding ding we have a winner, im just going on what ive seen ive seen all of them play but cruz never did anything againstus, my senior year he wasnt even there #1 receiver, so i dont see how everyone thinks he is so good, or maybe jay wright was covering him in the secondary that could have had something to do with it

jpenrod1

Quote from: #1 STUNNA on May 24, 2007, 11:25:27 am

ding ding ding we have a winner, im just going on what ive seen ive seen all of them play but cruz never did anything againstus, my senior year he wasnt even there #1 receiver, so i dont see how everyone thinks he is so good, or maybe jay wright was covering him in the secondary that could have had something to do with it

I think with his size he is above the Warren WR but Adams has him beat.

jackflash

why does it matter, he has chosen to be a razorback, I don't think we will get them all, three out of four would not be bad, looks to be some interest from some out of state, would say we will be able recruit wide receivers

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Wu Tang Clan

Cruz Williams was not an experienced reciever as a sophmore and improved a lot as a junior.  Cruz can play and will only get better when he focuses solely on football. I don't think he is as fast or strong as Greg Childs right now but he does have the athletic ability and skill to become a Marcus Monk type of reciever.  Michigan does not just hand out schollies to players from Arkansas who can not play and yes Coach Kelley said he had an offer from Michigan. 

#1 STUNNA

Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on May 27, 2007, 01:03:42 am

Cruz Williams was not an experienced reciever as a sophmore and improved a lot as a junior.  Cruz can play and will only get better when he focuses solely on football. I don't think he is as fast or strong as Greg Childs right now but he does have the athletic ability and skill to become a Marcus Monk type of reciever.  Michigan does not just hand out schollies to players from Arkansas who can not play and yes Coach Kelley said he had an offer from Michigan. 

im not doubting him, i just think he is the 4th best receiver in the stat

AFWarrior83

I think he will have a shot to break some records as long as he keeps his head on strait.
Hogville member since 2005.