Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Staff is doing a decent job recruiting

Started by Hogtide, May 17, 2007, 02:03:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtide

Here are the numbers for kids we've offered so far in each state:

Arkansas-     10 (number will rise to at least 15 I suspect)
Florida-        8 (like that we are dipping into Florida more)
Texas-         7 (safeties and corners will undoubtedly come from here)
Louisiana-     6 (Doubt we'll sign any of these kids, possibly one)
Oklahoma-    4  (Good interest out of every prospect we've offered there and all are needs for next year)
Alabama-      2  (one has interest the other is going big time)
Tennessee-   2  (Hoping for Holloway but Barret Jones isn't coming here)
Juco-           2 (North Dakota and Kansas JC's)
Georgia, Kentucky, Nebraska, and Pennsylvania- 1 from each state  (The Nebraska kid isn't coming here but the rest have interest.)

Good list of offers right now and I'd say probably 55% have legitimate interest in us.  I'm expecting a very good recruiting class this year coming off of last years record and the season we should have this year.  Good start with the out of state kids.

jhudson84

May 17, 2007, 02:14:30 pm #1 Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 02:26:06 pm by jhudson84
Dontari Poe DT Tennessee
Deion Walker WR Virginia
Arthur & Bryce Brown(09) Kansas

Coondog Hog

Looks like we are spreading ourselves around to alot more prospects.  Good deal.

:razorback:
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

jhudson84

Hogtide

Quote from: jhudson84 on May 17, 2007, 02:14:30 pm
Dontari Poe DT Tennessee
Deion Walker WR Virginia
Arthur & Bryce Brown(09) Kansas

Forgot about Walker and he's big time and it looks as if he has some serious interest.  You can forget about the Brown brothers.  It ain't happening and I wasn't aware that we have offered Poe.

jhudson84

The brown's have been offered by Arkansas and everyone else, aint happening.  Walker will visit Arkansas this summer and McDonnell may be able to pull a batman.

Hogstocking

Quote from: Hogtide on May 17, 2007, 02:03:34 pm

Arkansas-     10 (number will rise to at least 15 I suspect)

I like that we're recruiting FL more too, actually I love it.  Ryan Baker, Carlton Thomas, Richard Watson, Jeff Demps, British Footman, Danny Trevathan, and Gary Tinsely....There's 7, who am I forgetting..who's the 8th?

OL Brent Hanson out of Tennessee also has us in his final 3.

Zen_Hog

Quote from: Hogstocking on May 17, 2007, 03:52:02 pm

Arkansas-     10 (number will rise to at least 15 I suspect)

I like that we're recruiting FL more too, actually I love it.  Ryan Baker, Carlton Thomas, Richard Watson, Jeff Demps, British Footman, Danny Trevathan, and Gary Tinsely....There's 7, who am I forgetting..who's the 8th?

We've also offered Thomas Shuler who is a big FB who can run, and also Auburn verbal WR Damion Allen. They both attend the same school which is like a 15 minute drive for me.

Hogstocking

Quote from: Dmac4Heisman on May 17, 2007, 05:23:26 pm
Quote from: Hogstocking on May 17, 2007, 03:52:02 pm

Arkansas-     10 (number will rise to at least 15 I suspect)

We've also offered Thomas Shuler who is a big FB who can run, and also Auburn verbal WR Damion Allen. They both attend the same school which is like a 15 minute drive for me.

Thnx.. I forgot about Shuler and didn't know about Allen.  On scout it says we've offered Darren Sewell out of Melborne FL too...So the Floridians we've offered may be around 10 or 11. 

I'm not 100% on Footman having an offer, I've heard conflicting reports..

jackflash

I believe this is a year we could do well in Louisiana, may end up with a least three, not sure how many LSU can offer, hear only about 16 or 17 anyone know for sure?

Hogtide

Quote from: jackflash on May 17, 2007, 09:22:50 pm
I believe this is a year we could do well in Louisiana, may end up with a least three, not sure how many LSU can offer, hear only about 16 or 17 anyone know for sure?

Really don't see us pulling three out of Louisiana.  At least one of the tight ends will go to LSU.  Cooper would be the best bet but he may go pro baseball.  I'm hoping for Tolliver but he won't be as much of a need if we can pull the instate WR's.

arkjay19

I think with Green, Ziemba, and Burns leaving last year, they finally realized instate recruiting was no longer a cake walk.  They've definitely stepped it up this year.