Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WR Keon Rucker; KC Combine

Started by jhudson84, May 17, 2007, 01:48:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jhudson84

Bentonville WR Keon Rucker recorded the fast times in the 40 yard dash and the Shuttle Run, listed below as attended the Kansas City Combine.

40 Yard Dash:  4.34
Shuttle Run:  4.06

jhudson84

Quote from: Tomcat on May 17, 2007, 01:51:09 pm
Daggumit!  How are his hands and his route running ability?

Let me see what i can dig up on yet another offensive player from arkansas for the class 08 LOADED

jhudson84

May 17, 2007, 01:59:40 pm #3 Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 02:05:29 pm by jhudson84
Bentonville WR: Keon Rucker
5-7/150

2006 Stats: Rucker recorded 62 catches for 893 yards, 1,800 all-purpose yards including 20 carries for 94 yards and three touchdowns.  14.4 yards per reception and 4.7 yards per rush.

His best game performance recorded 14 receptions for 220 yards and two touchdowns.

Interested in Arkansas, Hawaii, Tulsa, Texas Tech, and Kansas St.

Attended Arkansas jr. day along with teammate WR Nathan Hughes.

"It went great," Rucker said of Saturday's experience at the UA. "I got to meet all the coaches. I had high expectations and it lived up to it. It was great to meet all the great players from Arkansas and other states who play for the Razorbacks."

Rucker and Hughes got to watch Arkansas' Red-White game and Rucker liked what he saw from the new offense brought in by offensive coordinator David Lee.

"The offense is going to be great," Rucker said. "The offense is going to work really good I think."

Rucker emerged as a star as a sophomore when he helped a then big-underdog team beat Fort Smith (Ark.) Northside. Rucker kept making plays as a junior as well and is a playmaker despite his size.

"I have good quickness," Rucker said. "I'm also able to catch the football. When they play man defense against us I can get separation.

"I still need to work on my speed and get into the weight room. I just need to work hard and keep a level head."

Arkansas, Tulsa, Hawaii and Kansas State are all showing Rucker attention at this point though he's still awaiting his first offer.

jhudson84

Bentonville's Keon Rucker busted off a 4.34 forty-yard dash and was very good all day long. If he were two-three inches taller, every big school in the nation would recruit him, but as it sits someone may just have to settle on getting a steal.

-Greg Powers Scout.com

jhudson84

Quote from: Tomcat on May 17, 2007, 02:20:36 pm
5'7" will keep a lot of the schools from calling.  Maybe another J.J. Meadors in the making...

Exactly what I was thinking could be a risk worth taking, might be a fallback option if it comes to signing day with a spot open ala Greg Gatson,Reggie Fish.

Hawgballz

Height is just that 1 physical attribute that you can not work on or improve.  It is sad that it really keeps some talented kids from getting big time offers.  I know a young lady that played basketball in Arkansas this year that during AAU ball last summer Pat Summitt watched her and told her that if she was 3-4 inches taller she would have a rock solid offer from Tennessee to be their point guard, but as it was Tennessee never offered and she ended up accepting a Div II offer from an in-state school (rather than travel greater distances to 1 of the lower Div I offers that she did receive).  Her lifelong dream was to be a lady razorback and she was told an offer was hers if the young lady from FS Northside (Arnold) did not accept, but Arnold accepted and there went her dream.  Anyway, my only point was that it is really tough on a young kid who works their butt off to improve their game only to be held from the dream by something that no amount of work will change.  I am as bad as anyone because anytime someone mentions a height under 5'10" all I can think is Reggie Fish.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

TX HOG

I don't care how big you are 4.34 is fast

jhudson84

Quote from: HawgBall06 on May 17, 2007, 02:44:15 pm
I know a young lady that played basketball in Arkansas this year that during AAU ball last summer Pat Summitt watched her and told her that if she was 3-4 inches taller she would have a rock solid offer from Tennessee to be their point guard

As the newest University of Tennessee Lady Vol point guard said during Monday's Media Day in Knoxville, "It's not about the size, it's about the heart."   Shannon Bobbitt 5-2 transfer from Trinity Valley CC

jorgito

I have seen him play in person. Reminds me of Reggie Fish, but won't muff a punt. He can really scoot!!!

GrizzlyRider07

QuoteHeight is just that 1 physical attribute that you can not work on or improve.  It is sad that it really keeps some talented kids from getting big time offers.  I know a young lady that played basketball in Arkansas this year that during AAU ball last summer Pat Summitt watched her and told her that if she was 3-4 inches taller she would have a rock solid offer from Tennessee to be their point guard, but as it was Tennessee never offered and she ended up accepting a Div II offer from an in-state school (rather than travel greater distances to 1 of the lower Div I offers that she did receive).  Her lifelong dream was to be a lady razorback and she was told an offer was hers if the young lady from FS Northside (Arnold) did not accept, but Arnold accepted and there went her dream.  Anyway, my only point was that it is really tough on a young kid who works their butt off to improve their game only to be held from the dream by something that no amount of work will change.  I am as bad as anyone because anytime someone mentions a height under 5'10" all I can think is Reggie Fish.

Oh just to clear some things up Shanita Arnold from Fort Smith Northside did sign with Arkansas...me knowing this because I was at her signing and im really good friends with her...just thought i would clear that up
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

Hawgballz

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on May 17, 2007, 09:44:41 pm
QuoteHeight is just that 1 physical attribute that you can not work on or improve.  It is sad that it really keeps some talented kids from getting big time offers.  I know a young lady that played basketball in Arkansas this year that during AAU ball last summer Pat Summitt watched her and told her that if she was 3-4 inches taller she would have a rock solid offer from Tennessee to be their point guard, but as it was Tennessee never offered and she ended up accepting a Div II offer from an in-state school (rather than travel greater distances to 1 of the lower Div I offers that she did receive).  Her lifelong dream was to be a lady razorback and she was told an offer was hers if the young lady from FS Northside (Arnold) did not accept, but Arnold accepted and there went her dream.  Anyway, my only point was that it is really tough on a young kid who works their butt off to improve their game only to be held from the dream by something that no amount of work will change.  I am as bad as anyone because anytime someone mentions a height under 5'10" all I can think is Reggie Fish.

Oh just to clear some things up Shanita Arnold from Fort Smith Northside did sign with Arkansas...me knowing this because I was at her signing and im really good friends with her...just thought i would clear that up

I think you need to read again.  I stated that Arnold did accept the offer and therefore the girl I am talking about did not get the offer.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!